• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Who's waiting for the 3090 and which brand are you getting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Seems we have a special one :rolleyes:

Sorry I just don't get your point, care to elucidate?

You seem to be implying that people that don't want a 3090 are just jealous, can't you accept that it might be any other reason, such as:

I'd wager most of us can afford it. Let's face it £1500 is not an astronomical, unobtainable, sum of money. It's just most of us can't justify the outlay over a 3080 for such a minimal performance boost.

i ended up pulling the trigger and buying pre ordered the 3080 strix. The £900 saved can go on a new cpu next year. The 10-15% bump of the 3090 at 4k just is not worth the extra price for me . Hope thjose who managed to get the 3090 at launch enjoy ! :p

Spot on.

A major part of being a true PC Enthusiast (imho) is buying smart.
Those that command the most respect from me are the people that build awesome rigs and did so without blowing huge amounts of cash in the process.

Nah, you want to perceive it as jealousy as that obviously feeds your ego :) maybe that makes you the "special one" :p

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Well I'm not sure what to do. I've been lucky enough to be among the few that got a 3090 delivered today, but reviews have made me change my mind. But if I send it back and join the 3080 queue I could be waiting months.

Associate
Sorry I just don't get your point, care to elucidate?

You seem to be implying that people that don't want a 3090 are just jealous, can't you accept that it might be any other reason, such as:

Nah, you want to perceive it as jealousy as that obviously feeds your ego :) maybe that makes you the "special one" :p
First up I would learn to read. It seems you have a right bee in your bonnet regarding these cards and taking a generalisation personally.
Hopefully you’ll find something better to do than troll threads on things you’re not interested in..

Soldato
Discussion and bitterness are a bit different though :)

I can read just fine, see above ;)

It Friday afternoon, works slow, I'm fine as I am thanks ;) Of course I'm interested, this is a big launch and I'm happy for those that have bagged a 3090 if that's there choice, I think I'm allowed to have a different opinion though, no?

I'm not the person throwing around the "special one" labels when I've already explained my reasoning, others also have the same/similar views.

Sure and that's fine but I'm not jealous of your purchase, for you it's savvy and for me it's not, just a difference of opinion nothing more.

I'm sure you'll have loads of fun with your new purchase.

I'm hoping for a Zen3/Navi combo for less than the price of a 3090 ;)

if you can squeeze an ounce of jealousy or vitriol from the above then I'm at a loss.

Last edited:
Associate
I can read just fine, see above ;)

It Friday afternoon, works slow, I'm fine as I am thanks ;) Of course I'm interested, this is a big launch and I'm happy for those that have bagged a 3090 if that's there choice, I think I'm allowed to have a different opinion though, no?

I'm not the person throwing around the "special one" labels when I've already explained my reasoning, others also have the same/similar views.

if you can squeeze an ounce of jealousy or vitriol from the above then I'm at a loss.
If you did bother to read then you would see it’s a generalisation and not aimed at any one person. You must have a good job if you’re spending your day trolling :)

Associate
I got OC4045104 some 5 minutes earlier
180 orders in 5 minutes. That's some load right there

I actually sort of assumed the 3 x 8 pin design of the Strix was going to be the standard on most AIBs I must say
I ordered an 850W PSU at the same time as the 3090 and I'm already worrying if it's enough

Saying that - I just got my dispatch email through so I certainly wasn't expecting that. I suspect that the Gigabyte Gaming wasn't as popular at all in comparison to the others.

Thanks a lot, had a look and I am fairly happy with how it seems to perform. Coming from a 2070 Super the difference will be night and day. Clearly it doesn't match up with the more PWR beefed models but thats an expected trait. Thanks for sending this through.

Associate
it still costs you but you just saved a bit of tax on the item that's all...its not like it is a freebie that nvidia gave you.

No, it literally COST "ME" NOTHING! I put it on my company credit card, which is how I pay for my monitors, other hardware, fuel, tyres, car repairs. And the company pays for it. Hasn't cost me a single penny!

Caporegime
Well I'm not sure what to do. I've been lucky enough to be among the few that got a 3090 delivered today, but reviews have made me change my mind. But if I send it back and join the 3080 queue I could be waiting months.

Hav
No, it literally COST "ME" NOTHING! I put it on my company credit card, which is how I pay for my monitors, other hardware, fuel, tyres, car repairs. And the company pays for it. Hasn't cost me a single penny!

Do you own the company?

Soldato
Associate
Ah I see, so if you make a "generalisation" which basically labels everyone "bitter" then it doesn't count, gotha :)

I think everyone can accept a bit of ribbing, but if you look around at the threads, there are some people who basically keep repeating the same vitriol about people buying these cards. It's literally repeated over and over. It also seems to be the same high post count veterans who do the same every GPU release and not even just new troll accounts. I think at some point people will start to think that this is starting to say more about them and their attitude and mental state towards the people buying than it does about the people buying.

It's not even as though you need to be rich or have more money than sense or be a mug or blah blah blah to buy these either. If you put £60 a month away since the 2080 release you are essentially there. Then you might get a few hundred on your TI or whatever back. People are also at different points in their life. My kids have left home and are working so my disposable income is higher. I'm not rich though.

I think it is understandable, after the same person has posted the same thing in every thread more than once, that people will start to ask if there is something mentally wrong with this person or is even just bitter/jealous etc.

Associate
right, back on topic. My card arrived today. Yay.
I did run into a couple of problems initially. It did not like my riser card at all. Tried installing a few times but kept getting a bios error. Removed the riser and booted first time. Now there is a chance it's not the fact I'm using a riser but more the fact the weight was causing some bending on it as the riser is floating about my bottom fans.
For now, I'll leave the card plugged directly in until I can figure this out/ get a new riser.
Haven't tested anything yet though, got to finish work for the day before the fun begins.

Associate
So you're not only defrauding HMRC, but also your fellow shareholders :D

I'm defrauding nobody. All company purchases are pre-authorised with the other share holders first. Then there's the fact that it's for work :D So HMRC aren't getting defrauded either. - It just so happens that I play games too during my extended breaks when I'm working from home. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom