• iPhone 12

Votes: 39 13.4%
  • iPhone 12 Pro

Votes: 93 31.8%
  • iPhone 12 Pro Max

Votes: 109 37.3%

• Total voters
Associate
I must be the one of the few that really don’t care about the notch, it adds date I say character.

Would it be nicer if it was smaller or non existent sure but meh it’s reason for existence is justifiable.

I’d take FaceID over a fingerprint any day of the week, even in this climate.

I have bigger gripes with the iPhone anyway.

However Apple if you’re listening feel free to add both if you like.
I would welcome one embedded in the power button, whilst increasing the angles FaceID can be used from.

Soldato
A notch and bezel are just the same thing.

No they're not. They could have had a top bezel with all the tech integrated, but they didn't.

They were too set on having an 'bezelless' all glass experience that wasn't even total coverage anyway as they had to add the notch.

And in doing so they ****** up with UI and had to shift icons and on screen info around, hiding much of it in the control centre, which is a pain in the ass and a terrible UI decision.

Soldato
I need to replace my iPhone 8 due to water damage, the option is a replacement from Apple outside of warranty for £365 or an iPhone SE at £500, as I prefer the form factor and touch ID and have no desire to spend £1k on a phone. Based on previous releases, will either of these prices come down when iPhone 12 is released?

Last edited:
Soldato
No they're not. They could have had a top bezel with all the tech integrated, but they didn't.

They were too set on having an 'bezelless' all glass experience that wasn't even total coverage anyway as they had to add the notch.

And in doing so they ****** up with UI and had to shift icons and on screen info around, hiding much of it in the control centre, which is a pain in the ass and a terrible UI decision.
A full top bezel as opposed to a partial top bezel would have meant less screen space.

Soldato
Still waiting to see the 12mini vs the 2020SE before I decide which way I'm going..

Out of interest, what would make you choose the SE over the 12 Mini? It sounds like the Mini is going to be better in every way (and with a smaller shell iirc).

Soldato
Depends on cost and additional features over the SE, obviously, both are going to be better than my 6s, but its a case of £419 vs whatever the 12mini costs and I haven't seen any price indications as of yet, I won't really want to be looking at anything over £600, preferably less, but we'll see..

Soldato
Depends on cost and additional features over the SE, obviously, both are going to be better than my 6s, but its a case of £419 vs whatever the 12mini costs and I haven't seen any price indications as of yet, I won't really want to be looking at anything over £600, preferably less, but we'll see..

I've got a 16gb 6s and system+other are taking up more than 11gb of it. With standard email, messaging etc installed, I've got chuff-all free and it's a real pain. I can understand your desire to have a new device.

As for the mini, I personally wouldn't bet on it coming in below £600, but I am happy to be surprised.

Soldato
My 6s is the 128Gb variant, so space isnt an issue, if they do a 64Gb 12Mini then that would do for me, I've just had a quick Loogle though and they're saying 128/256 on the storage front with a starting price of £679..
Given how long my devices tend to last me then I could push to that, but would prefer a cheaper 64gb device..

Soldato
I've got a 16gb 6s and system+other are taking up more than 11gb of it.

My iPad mini is 16GB and I was running into the same problem - was about 12GB. I did a factory reset after installing iOS 14 and now system is only 7GB something.

Still bad though. 16GB is just too small for modern iOS.

Soldato
Gents,

My iPhone 8 Plus battery is going off the cliff - and thus I'm in the market for a new device - currently looking at the 11 Pro. Simple question here - will the release of the iPhone 12 bring prices down significantly? I don't think I'd be getting a 12, rather the 11 Pro/Pro Max.

Should I be waiting a few weeks? This would be a contract, rather than outright purchase.

Cheers :)

Back
Top Bottom