Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
That's fair enough mrk. It fit my needs perfectly, but I can see that you'd require two devices if speakers were to be connected.

With reasonable quality earphones as opposed to headphones, presumably it would just eliminate the slightly muffled sound and improve the clarity then?

As in IEMs? I'd expect to hear clearer and more detailed sound with them and as you say, eliminating the muffled sound you get from onboard. :)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
With reasonable quality earphones as opposed to headphones, presumably it would just eliminate the slightly muffled sound and improve the clarity then?

If they're reference quality in ears then you will still gain improved sound through a proper headphone amp as channel separation, soundstage and how each instrucment and vocals are presented all boil down to the quality of the DAC/amp being used. Its worth noting that some mobos have high quality DACs and headphone amps built in and give you the option to swap out the OpAmps as you see fit. My mobo is an ancient Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 5 and has exactly that. This could be a cheap option to explore as OpAmps will change how the sound is presented and something like a Burr Brown OpAmp swapped in mght be a cost effective way to get some good quality heapdhone output if you so wished.

Otherwise external DAC with quality components and completely disable onboard sound is the ideal way to go and you don't need to worry when you upgrade your PC etc.

On the topic of sound, the 3045 arrived today...

NAD_D-3045.jpg

A few annoyances like NAD still using the plastic side panels but this time round it's not the rubbery horrible material they used in the 7050. The updated remote is also a world ahead of the old one. No more sticky rubbery finish. Sound is where it counts and this is louder than my old one at half the cost. Happy!

That's fair enough mrk. It fit my needs perfectly, but I can see that you'd require two devices if speakers were to be connected.

Typically yeah, but I like minimalism and having another box using up a power socket and more cables cluttering up the workspace isn't my bag! Thankfully the NAD has a constant 60wpc in 4 and 8 ohms, with up to 200w available dynamically. 600ohm headphones supported too so hopefully assuming NAD fixed the longevity issues of the 7050, this should last me a very long time. Need to go touch some wood now.

Soldato
Typically yeah, but I like minimalism and having another box using up a power socket and more cables cluttering up the workspace isn't my bag! Thankfully the NAD has a constant 60wpc in 4 and 8 ohms, with up to 200w available dynamically. 600ohm headphones supported too so hopefully assuming NAD fixed the longevity issues of the 7050, this should last me a very long time. Need to go touch some wood now.

100% agree with you there. One box solutions are much more elegant! Looks to be quite a piece of kit and I'd hope it would last being the price it is!! :eek:

Soldato
Fancied a new tablet for movie watching, something not too expensive so after a bit of research I decided on the new 2020 Samsung Tab A7. It launched last week, and seemed damn good for the money. SD612 chip, 3gb ram, 32gb storage but with an SDCard slot, 10.5" 2K IPS Screen all for £219.

Anyway, after an hour it went back to the shop for a refund. It was fantastic, apart from it had a really weird issue where photos in google photos looked amazing, yet when used as the wallpaper it went really blurred and had a faint flicker between sharp and out of focus. Probably a software bug, but still...not my problem.

So, after even more research I finally decided on the Tab S6 as it's the lightest, thinnest tablet with an OLED screen. The 256gb model has 8gb ram so picked that one. It came yesterday and it's bloody fantastic....so much so, that I've now ordered a Tab S7 and a Tab S7+ for the mrs and daughters christmas presents lol Mr postie delivered them this afternoon.

bJe1ul0.jpg

Soldato
Yikes, surely it's better than those Samsungs...?

Not in my opinion. I was really impressed with the Samsung. Surprisingly as up until this week I'd never used one. It can be a complete laptop replacement.

There are pros and cons with both but I think the s7 has the edge..... And for us it's a big edge at that.

Man of Honour
Lost my home office as my daughter needed her own bedroom now she’s 1. So paid to have the back of the garage converted. We had a 10m garage already so had plenty of room to convert a part of it and still have a “normal” sized garage left over

At the start:
6eS6WQN.jpg

A couple of days before being finished:
38FZqm5.jpg

Brothel mode activated:
kBh9cjP.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Lost my home office as my daughter needed her own bedroom now she’s 1. So paid to have the back of the garage converted. We had a 10m garage already so had plenty of room to convert a part of it and still have a “normal” sized garage left over

At the start:

Nearly done:

Brothel mode activated:

Has the gappy skirting been fixed?

Also don't see any heating in there could get cold in winter?

Man of Honour
Has the gappy skirting been fixed?

Also don't see any heating in there could get cold in winter?

Yeah, hence the nearly done comment :p skirting was just resting against the wall at that point.

It’s got so much insulation, it was pretty cold when I went in this morning but with 3 computers running, I had to open the door after lunch as it was getting pretty toasty in there. So might just put my Dyson Hot and Cool in there in winter to blast some hot air on really cold days

Soldato
Yeah, hence the nearly done comment :p skirting was just resting against the wall at that point.

It’s got so much insulation, it was pretty cold when I went in this morning but with 3 computers running, I had to open the door after lunch as it was getting pretty toasty in there. So might just put my Dyson Hot and Cool in there in winter to blast some hot air on really cold days

Nice, looks good in the end!

Soldato
A lot of mini studio stuff, a few weeks worth of deliveries here.
Fruity Loops 20 Software ( lots of fun)
PreSonus Eris E3.5 Speakers
Pronomic SLS15 Table Stands
Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Studio Headphones - 250 Ohm
Fiio K5 PRO DAC
Logitech MX Keys Keyboard

3eHZP78.jpg

Soldato
If they're reference quality in ears then you will still gain improved sound through a proper headphone amp as channel separation, soundstage and how each instrucment and vocals are presented all boil down to the quality of the DAC/amp being used. Its worth noting that some mobos have high quality DACs and headphone amps built in and give you the option to swap out the OpAmps as you see fit. My mobo is an ancient Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 5 and has exactly that. This could be a cheap option to explore as OpAmps will change how the sound is presented and something like a Burr Brown OpAmp swapped in mght be a cost effective way to get some good quality heapdhone output if you so wished.

Otherwise external DAC with quality components and completely disable onboard sound is the ideal way to go and you don't need to worry when you upgrade your PC etc.

On the topic of sound, the 3045 arrived today...

NAD_D-3045.jpg

A few annoyances like NAD still using the plastic side panels but this time round it's not the rubbery horrible material they used in the 7050. The updated remote is also a world ahead of the old one. No more sticky rubbery finish. Sound is where it counts and this is louder than my old one at half the cost. Happy!

Yeah, I wish NAD would focus a bit more on build quality tbh. Denon has it done solid with their PMA series - nice metal enclosures (which act as better heatsinks) and so on.

Back
Top Bottom