Energy Suppliers

Soldato
Fix online exclusive V48. This I did it via u switch

I hadn't realised switch sites, other than Lewis's, showed deals you couldn't find on the companies sites themselves -
found a v50 now, which comes out very close/£16 to green - winner will be determined by how cold the winter is.

Soldato
I'm not sure what Bulb's variable payments are but with PP you have variable payments based on expected Summer/Winter usage which they tend to try balance out based on actual usage

For me, my April-Sept payments at present are £64.59 and October-March £96.88 given very shortly the boiler will be coming on most days and gas cost for next 6 months will increase from almost nothing during the summer to £50/month or so when it gets properly cold
Thanks, just started the switch to them, on the fixed tarriff. Bit dissapointed with bulb really, pay £75 a month dual, am £150 in credit, and they still want to put my payments up to £99 a month.
Money supermarket reckons I'll save over £100 by switching but we'll see.

Soldato
I hadn't realised switch sites, other than Lewis's, showed deals you couldn't find on the companies sites themselves -
found a v50 now, which comes out very close/£16 to green - winner will be determined by how cold the winter is.

Yeah this confused me as well before but apparently so, sometimes you can only get the very best deals on comparison sites. I don't know why that's the case as you'd think they'd save money not paying referrals to comparison sites...

Caporegime
Yeah this confused me as well before but apparently so, sometimes you can only get the very best deals on comparison sites. I don't know why that's the case as you'd think they'd save money not paying referrals to comparison sites...
The audience are typically 1 yr users who are always looking for best deal, so they need to offer something different to be competitive. A lot of people are lazy and dont looks hard or even bother switching.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
I've just done a comparison on my usage with Bulb against Octopus and Green.Energy.

- Bulb (variable) - £992/year
- Octopus (variable) - £960/year
- Green (Cherry variable) - £813/year
- Green (Sturgeon 12M Fixed) - £872/year

So looks like Green is my best choice.

EON were relatively expensive, they only offered me V4 as their lowest priced tariff and it was like £1100/year.

Do Green.energy have a referral scheme? Unless I'm missing out by not looking elsewhere first?

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
I've done that before, but IME they often exclude a few but if that's changed great I'll give a few ago.

edit - just tried three and all of them exclude a number being spoken about in the thread, the cheapest on each being more expensive than my current tariff with Bulb.

@those with green.energy if there is a referral ping one across when you get a mo otherwise I'll sign up this weekend.

Soldato
They filter the results to ones they can switch you to, you have to click a button that is something like ‘show me the whole market’.

All the comparison sites give me the same results once you click show the whole market. The only differences are the few that have the odd exclusive tariff which is not off then the cheapest.

Soldato
Just submitted monthly usage

227 units day
210 units night

Bulb, outfox the market and others seem to come out all about the same price. £65-£70 a month

Bulb Rates

Day - 17.34p
Night - 9.85p
Standing - 23.19p

Day - £39.36
Night - £20.68
Standing - £7.05
Total - £67.09 Aug - Sept

-----------------------------------------
Outfox the market rates (Clean ve 4.0, rolling variable)
13.63p
Standing 21p

Day, Night - £59.56
Standing - £6.38
Total - £65.94

Soldato
I've just done a comparison on my usage with Bulb against Octopus and Green.Energy.

- Bulb (variable) - £992/year
- Octopus (variable) - £960/year
- Green (Cherry variable) - £813/year
- Green (Sturgeon 12M Fixed) - £872/year

So looks like Green is my best choice.

EON were relatively expensive, they only offered me V4 as their lowest priced tariff and it was like £1100/year.

Do Green.energy have a referral scheme? Unless I'm missing out by not looking elsewhere first?

Green energy the rates are shocking (this is on greenenergyuk.com - Sparkling Tariff 2022)

INCLUDES VAT Electricity
Daily fixed charge 32.89p
Day rates
(Price per unit/kWh) 21.53p
Night rate
(Price per unit/kWh) 14.63p

Soldato
Rates vary by postcode, it's pointless posting them (as well as your DD amount) as people outside of your area pay a different rate at the same supplier.

Soldato
@Guest2 Not for me mate, looks like you may have quoted a different company as the rates are lower than Bulb and Octopus.

www.green.energy and then it’s the maple & sturgeon tariff.

Different company to the other one, thanks. I do save £7 by going on the Sturgeon Fixed (12 Months)

Day - 14.02p
Night - 11.06p
Standing - 18.00p

Day - £31.82
Night - £23.22
Standing - £5.47
Total - £60.51

Back
Top Bottom