• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate

Just finished watching Jay's video... Essentially the thought is some of the AIBs cheaped out on power delivery and it causes crashes at high clocks, however, those clocks are well above the cards' advertised boost clock (due to Nvidia's GPU Boost) so the fix is likely going to be new bios for cards reducing the limit for GPU boost.

Yes it sucks that this issues exists (likely wont affect every single card) but if it is the issue suspected it's not a major problem

Associate
Whoa. There will be war if this is true...How are you number 20? There's estimated to be hundreds waiting on this card? Also how did they give you a queue number? Anyone that has asked for this were told they can't give that information.

I spoke to a guy at OCUK via the phone, he tells me that the Zotak trinity OC was the least pre ordered card they have. I asked him how many pre orders for that specific card and he tells me that there are only 20 orders for that version.

Associate
Yeah I know, but it's not like we have many options to get em any quicker. I do wish gibbo would have given some sort of update on the system though, since he suggested to wait till later in the week for it.
What they should do is stop allowing more pre-orders for 30 series at least temporarily and use this time (2-3 days?) To come up with solution on handling all their clients waiting for 3080 update info. It's unacceptable that we allow them to get away with this bs. They got several million pounds from the orders and the amount of info they give away is pure rubbish. I do understand it's not totally up to them but they should definitely step up abit and do what they can - witch is queue information so that some of us can make a decision whether we like to wait X amount of weeks/months or we rather use OUR OWN money elsewhere

Associate
I spoke to a guy at OCUK via the phone, he tells me that the Zotak trinity OC was the least pre ordered card they have. I asked him how many pre orders for that specific card and he tells me that there are only 20 orders for that version.
Imo isn't that this card with issues that can't even catch up with FE in benchmarks? Unless I'm thinking about different model. Wasn't it slowed down by design as they mentioned?

Associate
Looks like the Asus TUF should be ok - Jay said, and I also had a quick look myself at images of the card, it actually uses the more expensive capacitors for all of them, so shouldn't have the stability issues (assuming that's definitely what the problem is)

Associate
Imo isn't that this card with issues that can't even catch up with FE in benchmarks? Unless I'm thinking about different model. Wasn't it slowed down by design as they mentioned?

The Zotac trinity is the one that is slightly under preforming, all the benchmarks I have seen for the Zotac trinity OC have been pretty damn good to be honest.

Associate

Looks like more cards are having this issue with crashing than first thought. EVGA XC3, Palit, Zotac to name a few. This seems to be a hardware issue where they cheaped out on the caps that filter for the gpu. Guaranteed they won't take these cards back on RMA but will push out a firmware update that will probably lower the overclock on the card.

After this total CF from Nvidia i'm wondering is it worth cancelling the 3080 and waiting to see what AMD have. Even if Big Navi is 10% slower than the 3080 it will still do 4k fine.

Associate
so not 1 update from oc today and on a Friday, 8 days after launch.. this is absolutely pitiful. No one can defend this customer service for communication.

Gibbo hadn't updated anyone. He's had a nice relaxing day chatting about the stock market

Cheers for caring.. ill be cancelling next week if we don't here anything.. livid

You’re shouting at graphics cards.

Associate
The Zotac trinity is the one that is slightly under preforming, all the benchmarks I have seen for the Zotac trinity OC have been pretty damn good to be honest.
Ok thanks for clarification. Is there any schedule for them to hit OCUK tho? Don't think they got those so far

Associate
Associate
With zero updates before the weekend I'm gonna have to call CS on Monday morning (28th) for a que position or to cancel my order.

I have recommended Overclockers since 2007, no more.

Associate
What they should do is stop allowing more pre-orders for 30 series at least temporarily and use this time (2-3 days?) To come up with solution on handling all their clients waiting for 3080 update info. It's unacceptable that we allow them to get away with this bs. They got several million pounds from the orders and the amount of info they give away is pure rubbish. I do understand it's not totally up to them but they should definitely step up abit and do what they can - witch is queue information so that some of us can make a decision whether we like to wait X amount of weeks/months or we rather use OUR OWN money elsewhere

This is obvious... They don't really want to give us queue calculator. They know that they would possibly face hundreds if not thousands of cancellations from people who won't be getting their cards till 2021. For some reason they like sitting on people's money - this is most likely reason why preorders are still open too.

Last edited:
Associate
This is obvious... They don't really want to give us queue calculator. They know that they would possibly face hundreds if not thousands of cancellations from people who won't be getting their cards till 2021. For some reason they like sitting on people's money - this is most likely reason that preorders are still open too.
Yeah +1 to that. I already mentioned this today. It's even more simple. They don't give us the queue updates because we would quickly come up with solution to track how many cards they ship daily and that number would be close to 0...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom