Picky Eaters

Caporegime
I could not disagree more!

Do you know what I find meh, something I seldom get (but eat it if served).

Cake.

I hardly ever buy cake, at work if there is someone's birthday, I would often skip it. I know cake isn't it's own food (natural), but I find cake to be really dull and boring. I rather eat a bowl of Lychee.

cake isn't a singlar thing though. I don't go crazy over tasteless birthday cakes from the supermarket and skip the calories, but a good floorless chocolate cake is heavenly. Or a lychee cheesecake for example

Caporegime
It isn't a single thing? Really? colour me surprised! lol

Any (bold, italics and underlined) cake is meh from me.

shouldn't be so fussy and disregard a massively diverse type of food.;)

but seriously, you say you dislike cake but they are do varied it like saying you dont like vegetables when. there are hundreds of types and as many ways to prepare them it seems odd to discount the entire set of all possible vegetable dishes

Caporegime
OP
shouldn't be so fussy and disregard a massively diverse type of food.;)

but seriously, you say you dislike cake but they are do varied it like saying you dont like vegetables when. there are hundreds of types and as many ways to prepare them it seems odd to discount the entire set of all possible vegetable dishes

Really, there are different kinds of cakes? You learn something new everyday! :p

I don't dislike cake, I am indifference to cake, all cakes and I mean ALL cakes and yes I know there are different varieties but I stress again, for the 4th time, as you clearly missed my ALL with Bold, Italics and UNDERLINE previously. ALL kinds of cakes, birthday, carrot, fruit, chocolate, etc etc. I am indifference to it. Sometimes I'd buy it if the situation arise like in Tokyo and I am in a famous place for that cake, like I am in Vienna. I will buy it a Sacher Tort.

Indifference, meh.

If I am at someone's dinner party and at the end they bring out cake for dessert. Meh. I will eat it, but I am not excited by it, no matter how special it is. I'd choose some jelly over cake tbh. Picky eater would leave the peas on the plate when they eat their dinner, I'll eat the cake as offered, if offered, out of courtesy.

MJuWyzH.jpg

rLkR6vy.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Are you on Allopurinol for your gout?

I am not. I had heard that you would have to take that medicine everyday for the rest of your life, which I don't want to do. When it flares up (which is rarely, as I watch what I eat), i take NSAIDs. Usually that deals with it, but I'm suffering at the moment, and for the last week, just won't go away this time.

Soldato

was this a ganache , have never made one, but there seems to some ambiguity in the sacher-tort recipes online ..
if it is frosting melted chocolate&sugar-water that would be entering in the picky eating 'prefer not' category, the opposite of cream+butter+chocolate.

GBBO seems to have redeemed itself a bit this year, held up by Matt Lucas , hadn't watched an episode since c4 took over.

Caporegime
OP
was this a ganache , have never made one, but there seems to some ambiguity in the sacher-tort recipes online ..
if it is frosting melted chocolate&sugar-water that would be entering in the picky eating 'prefer not' category, the opposite of cream+butter+chocolate.

GBBO seems to have redeemed itself a bit this year, held up by Matt Lucas , hadn't watched an episode since c4 took over.

This was from the original one at the original place (Hotel Sacher) in Vienna, as per the writing on the napkin. I have no idea how it’s made but it’s THE one that started it all though.

Last edited:
Soldato
Frogs legs not getting a mention, I remember them being served from the waist down with all the joints working still. Never odd to have them be able to bounce across the table :D

Soldato
Chicken. I'll eat it when it's put in front of me, but I absolutely hate chicken. Not because of taste or texture, but because it's quite possibly the most bland and boring meat on the planet and no amount of frying it, roasting it, currying it, or whatever else you can think of doing to it can make up for the fact that it is so incredibly bland. Same for pretty much anything that has feathers.

:eek::eek::eek: I can't process this, but then again Chicken would be the one thing I probably couldn't live without.

Soldato
Every chicken could disappear tomorrow and I'd feel nothing, except maybe relief of never having to consume them again. Every cow disappearing would be different story though.

I completely agree that we need to ensure the survival of the Cow Species, after all this is where delights such as Steak, Brisket and Milk comes from.

Back
Top Bottom