• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3900x to buy or not to buy

Soldato
would you get a 3900x for £360 right now or wait till 8th Oct?

price is brand new not used or OEM part

Last edited:
Pet Northerner
Don
i am not interested in used parts. £360 is for brand new

Thats fair enough.

I'd still wait for the 8th. You may get a comparable / better performing chip in the new range cheaper.

A bit like buying a 2080 a week or two before the announcement for the 3080 - you get a better card (if you can) for the same price getting a 3080.

Associate
360 is a tempting price, definitely, I am not totally sure they will fall below that when Zen 3 comes out.

So it depends if you "need" it now, or can stand to play the waiting game and see what comes.

Associate
Well I've just placed an order for a 3900x. Its not going to be another 2080ti vs 3080 scenario because we already know the specs of the new range. You can wait forever, or be happy with what you have. I got a good price on the 3900x so I doubt I'm going to lose very much if I do decide to sell it.

Associate
Well I've just placed an order for a 3900x. Its not going to be another 2080ti vs 3080 scenario because we already know the specs of the new range. You can wait forever, or be happy with what you have. I got a good price on the 3900x so I doubt I'm going to lose very much if I do decide to sell it.

It's a great CPU, and at a good price, you were probably right to go for it. I'm still in the wait for Zen 3 camp, got a Ryzen 1200 to see me through ;)

Soldato
OP
I am itching too. I would love 12cores. But at launch I think the price of 3900x now will only be able to afford me 6 cores. Albeit faster.

anyway I got some time to make decisions. So I will see but defiantly the 3900X is on the table for now.

Back
Top Bottom