• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Navi 23 ‘NVIDIA Killer’ GPU Rumored to Support Hardware Ray Tracing, Coming Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
I feel weirdly confident this time round AMD is going to deliver

Quietly biting my lip on this one. Really big moment as after years of snobbery and ignorance from the mindshare buyers, I think a proportion of them will sample AMD just from the huge backlog alone, if you couple that with the concerns about the capacitor arrangement and 'crashing' then even more cancelling/RMA - perhaps the penny will drop.

Soldato
This is the silence before the storm. Can't say I'm not sitting here smirking a bit. The only thing I'm concerned about is premium pricing. It usually follows the products who has the talest pedistal.

Soldato
will all of the 3080 controversy I'm now worried that getting my hands on Big Navi is going to prove very difficult!

I would think its a reminder of the times. Possible to be chaotic enough, but if the popularity of the green launch has snared the 80% of upgraders, it should leave enough stock for the few of us that will appreciate 3080 level performance from another vendor.

Pet Northerner
Don
I would think its a reminder of the times. Possible to be chaotic enough, but if the popularity of the green launch has snared the 80% of upgraders, it should leave enough stock for the few of us that will appreciate 3080 level performance from another vendor.

I hope so, especially as my 3440x1440 display is about 4 years old so only hits 75hz, which my vega64 can't keep maxed. I'd be happy anything near 3080 at a good price!

Associate
I hope so, especially as my 3440x1440 display is about 4 years old so only hits 75hz, which my vega64 can't keep maxed. I'd be happy anything near 3080 at a good price!

Snap my Vega 64 is overclocked to the max and struggling in certain games. Not sure how long it will last before it throws it’s dummy out :D:D

Soldato
Quietly biting my lip on this one. Really big moment as after years of snobbery and ignorance from the mindshare buyers, I think a proportion of them will sample AMD just from the huge backlog alone, if you couple that with the concerns about the capacitor arrangement and 'crashing' then even more cancelling/RMA - perhaps the penny will drop.

I genuinely don't think it will because Nvidia fans always forget or more to the point, ignore actual facts. Here are some of the most famous Nvidia mess ups with either design/manufacturing, drivers, messed up launch, outright lies or even all of these at once.
  • Bunpgate
  • Fermi
  • GTX970 VRAM lies
  • Drivers that literally killed GPUs (I lost 2x GTX260s due to Nvidia drivers 196.75)
  • Turing release with a massive price bump for pointless features that were (and still aren't) in any way mature enough.
  • Excessive marketing lies (it just works, 2x performance etc)
  • Locked down standards (G-Sync, PhysX)
Now we have RTX 30X0 rushed paper launch, with massively overpriced 3090 for a ~10% performance uplift over a competing card less than half its price (they are competing against their own top end GPU). Their own GPU that is half its price has manufacturing defects and serious supply issues.

I 100% guarantee these issues will ALL be ignored and forgotten in a few months. If RX 6X00 AMD GPUs are released in quantity, with lower price, better power efficiency and similar (or better) performance. You can bet the people who bought RTX 30X0 will find some reason AMD have failed. Pick one or all of the following, they are 2 months later than Nvidia, AMD drivers suck, Nvidia have better features. The only reasonable reply I have heard from a friend was, "I am locked in to G-Sync and refuse to change my monitor". Yet I got only silence when I reminded this individual he bought his G-Sync monitor after Nvidia admitted defeat in the "VRR wars", when they eventually supported Freesync. So he is locked in due to his own lack off foresight, despite my recommendations to go Freesync at the time.

I am not remotely claiming AMD don't have issues but they are not as bad as Nvidia for the outright lying and marketing BS. The truth is when AMD mess up it is more due to incompetency than outright BS and lying. Other than when the muppet Raja was in charge of RTG (how does he keep getting work). The slightest thing results in AMD being labelled for life, Nvidia do much worse and people forget in a few months.

It's the GPU law and must be obeyed. :)

Last edited:
Soldato

Similar, I have 4k60hz and vega 56 cant push newer titles - it should be a good jump as the 5700XT wouldnt have been that noticeable especially for £450 when I looked few months back.

Soldato
I genuinely don't think it will because Nvidia fans always forget or more to the point, ignore actual facts. Here are some of the most famous Nvidia mess ups
/snip
Now we have RTX 30X0 rushed paper launch, with massively overpriced 3090 for a ~10% performance uplift .. I 100% guarantee these issues will ALL be ignored and forgotten in a few months..
You can bet the people who bought RTX 30X0 will find some reason AMD have failed. Pick one or all of the following, they are 2 months later than Nvidia, AMD drivers suck, Nvidia have better features..

I am not remotely claiming AMD don't have issues but they are not as bad as Nvidia for this crap. The truth is when AMD mess up it is more due to incompetency than outright BS and lying..The slightest thing results in AMD being labelled for life, Nvidia do much worse and people forget in a few months.

I noticed a couple of guys on here have not posted obviously since:
1) the embarrassment of shortage (they will let that slide thinking its positive due to being so 'sought after')
2) the crashing that people have widespread reported about with evidence (even jat2cents couldnt pretend this wasnt a thing)
3) the creeping up of prices, due to #1
4) the power draw (possibly relating to #2)
5) claiming 8k gaming (check out GN video on this - its a farce)

If you see these types of guys still hating on AMD after all this nonsense in the past two weeks, well what can you do other than call them out as they are points to flare that any gamer will not want. AMD owners will remember the 290x meme's etc.

Soldato
Just seen the review on this crashing issue on Jayztwocents and it confirms with me anyway that this launch can't get any worse (or can it?). I can see more preorders getting cancelled depending on what brand has been ordered. I also can't help but feel a little smug here wrt the "scalpers" who raped the market on launch day denying true gamers access to the new cards, if this situation gets any worse they're gonna stuck with 3080 cards that no one wants with the costs involved sitting squarely with them.
AMD have been handed a golden opportunity on a plate here, my only thought is please don't screw it up.

Soldato
Just seen the review on this crashing issue on Jayztwocents and it confirms with me anyway that this launch can't get any worse (or can it?). I can see more preorders getting cancelled depending on what brand has been ordered. I also can't help but feel a little smug here wrt the "scalpers" who raped the market on launch day denying true gamers access to the new cards, if this situation gets any worse they're gonna stuck with 3080 cards that no one wants with the costs involved sitting squarely with them.
AMD have been handed a golden opportunity on a plate here, my only thought is please don't screw it up.

Even if the AMD cards are amazing, the Nfanboys will buy 3090s (and won't mention the power usage).

Soldato
Even if the AMD cards are amazing, the Nfanboys will buy 3090s (and won't mention the power usage).

Y'know you're absolutely correct mate. I only hope "more" people buy the AMD card than would have bought the Nvidia card due to lack of stock and CTD issue. One situation I read here is what about the guys with G-sync monitors, means they're kinda stuck with the Nvidia cards unless they sell their monitors for freesync versions

Permabanned
Y'know you're absolutely correct mate. I only hope "more" people buy the AMD card than would have bought the Nvidia card due to lack of stock and CTD issue. One situation I read here is what about the guys with G-sync monitors, means they're kinda stuck with the Nvidia cards unless they sell their monitors for freesync versions

Or have a monitor that supports both like me. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom