Police officer shot dead in Croydon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
They were apparently in the process of using a metal detector on the suspect. Perhaps that means removal of metal handcuffs, hard to see how he could have aimed the gun whilst cuffed behind.

Man of Honour
They were apparently in the process of using a metal detector on the suspect. Perhaps that means removal of metal handcuffs, hard to see how he could have aimed the gun whilst cuffed behind.

Generally, handcuffs make it awkward to search properly so they'll be removed unless the risk is such that they'll work around them. That should be the second search that's taken place though, the first one being on arrest.

With all that said, in the annual refreshers for our personal safety training we'll often do exercises where we'll buddy up and one person will hide some knives, offensive weapons, cash drugs etc for the other person to find. It's rare that everything is found and sometimes we do miss knives etc depending on how well they're hidden. Most people think searching is easy, but doing it properly really isn't.

Permabanned
Generally, handcuffs make it awkward to search properly so they'll be removed unless the risk is such that they'll work around them. That should be the second search that's taken place though, the first one being on arrest.

With all that said, in the annual refreshers for our personal safety training we'll often do exercises where we'll buddy up and one person will hide some knives, offensive weapons, cash drugs etc for the other person to find. It's rare that everything is found and sometimes we do miss knives etc depending on how well they're hidden. Most people think searching is easy, but doing it properly really isn't.

Well you need to strip search `em then, it's not rocket science is it? But, you know, `uman rights... it takes a special kind of guy to hide a Beretta .25 up his back passage.

Caporegime
It's a tragedy but like I said in the other thread it's pretty incompetent that he was found to be carrying ammunition and yet they didn't thoroughly search him for a gun.

I support the police in fighting crime but that's the issue, they seem to be enforcers of political correctness hate crimes rather than actual physical crime nowadays, they've spent the last few months harassing law abiding citizens for breaking dystopian emergency rules, not wearing masks, holding parties, sitting on park benches, sun bathing in an empty field, walking their dog in the Peak District and other nonsense whilst standing idly by while rioters graffiti and pull down historical statues even while they have bricks thrown at them, a week later you get an anti-lockdown protest and they go in all heavy handed proving that they have it in them to clamp down if needed. They've become FAR TOO POLITICAL and I dare say lost sight of their role as a public servant and fighting serious crime. Get rid of all of the political nonsense and let them focus 100% attention on dangerous criminals and serious crime and they might not be so complacent when dealing with an actual dangerous criminal.

Last edited:
Soldato
The more I read of this story, the more mind boggling it is, I hope that this can lead to some changes that mean such a tragedy never happens again, and I rather hope that the little scroat survives to face justice, even if that means a swift kicking in the back of a police van on the way to the court.

Associate
I felt sick to the stomach when I heard this story. Such a terrible waste of life and so close to his retirement. No-one has the right to take another life regardless of your warped view of the world.

Soldato
At least the guy shot himself so with luck we might avoid the cost of a trial and prison and the annoyance when he gets only 12 years ..

Obviously gun tech has come a long way if they need special electronics to find what I always though to be quite a bulky / noticable device.. are they really small now or invisible?

If you are concerned enough to think someone has an invisible/ barely detectable deadly device on them to get the special detection device it would seem logical to ensure they were bound in such a way they could not use it.

Capodecina
Soldato
. . . I support the police in fighting crime . . .
You really, really ought to move to Belarus, you would feel right at home there ;)
Masked police dragged people into vans and fired stun grenades and teargas to disperse crowds as tens of thousands marched for a seventh straight weekend to demand the resignation of veteran Belarusian leader Alexander Lukashenko.

Permabanned
Youtube ripped into it, Loads of posts stating this is what happens when the police stop and oppress people from saying immigrants cause lots of gun crime and then a cop ends up on the recieving end of it.

I think they have a good point, The BBC actually showed his picture eventually as well and he looked just like one of those grime rappers.

Caporegime

NVP

NVP

Soldato
If you are concerned enough to think someone has an invisible/ barely detectable deadly device on them to get the special detection device it would seem logical to ensure they were bound in such a way they could not use it.
I'm pretty sure they would not have waited for the metal detector if they suspected he was in possession of a gun.

The BBC actually showed his picture eventually as well and he looked just like one of those grime rappers
Or, you know, like a student:

o2DpSiI.png

Permabanned

Second generation immigrant then he is not British in my book and a lot of others agree. Move to Britain all you like but they are a group of white people end of discussion.

He clearly with his locks is not a native Brit which actually proves the kind of race baiting going on in society when the BBC used a picture of someone like this in thier student picture in the post by NVP.

It happens quite a lot, See this is what happens whem everythings based in and around London. School pictures of three Indian kids and one white kid for example. Explain this to 60m Brits who live outside London and why you think its ok to represent Britain like that. Its not the reality for the massive 76% majority who are white.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
What is a Native Brit? An Englishman? Does an ex-colonial count? How about the grandchild of someone who emigrated whilst still a colonial? Or does it only count for people of Celtic, Anglo-Saxon, Norse or Norman ancestry?

Oh hey, how about you have a little guess at what the nationality states on the passport I use to fly back to mother India?

Also, how many of those 60m Brits outside of London live in any of the many other multicultural cities in England and not in the tiny gene pool that is Northern Ireland?

#ThoughtControlRules

Caporegime
You really, really ought to move to Belarus, you would feel right at home there ;)

Fighting crime as in murder, rape, theft. Not the new breed of laws designed to waste police resources and turn our country into a totalitarian hell hole (subjective hate crimes and arresting people for words said on Twitter). My point point about protests is how the police have become more of a tool of the state (or deep state as Trump likes to say) and ideological enforcers rather than actually upholding the law, as could be seen during recent BLM riots where criminal activity was occuring in plane sight of officers and they didn't lift a finger. Hold a protest protesting the country being turned into North Korea though (under the guise of a fairly tame pandemic that has resulted in an act of what can be best described as economic self harm) and they can't swing their batons fast enough and arrest medical experts just for having the audacity to speak at them.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Second generation immigrant then he is not British in my book and a lot of others agree. Move to Britain all you like but they are a group of white people end of discussion.

He clearly with his locks is not a native Brit which actually proves the kind of race baiting going on in society when the BBC used a picture of someone like this in thier student picture in the post by NVP.

It happens quite a lot, See this is what happens whem everythings based in and around London. School pictures of three Indian kids and one white kid for example. Explain this to 60m Brits who live outside London and why you think its ok to represent Britain like that. Its not the reality for the massive 76% majority who are white.
Wow :/

Caporegime
If that's the case, then neither are the Northern Irish. (United Kingdom of Great Britain... and Northern Ireland)

National identity is about where you choose to live and make a life, anything else is fundamentally arbitrary. I happily consider our home secretary and attorney general as being British, regardless of their politics.

Last edited:
Permabanned
If that's the case, then neither are the Northern Irish. (United Kingdom of Great Britain... and Northern Ireland)

How though? We came from Great Britain and the gene poolis based on the Scottish Lowlands between the Highlands (Actually Irish Scotti Celtic and Pictish mix) and the English border. So how are we not British?

My personal gene pool seems to be lowlands, And Simpson is an English surname so i am mixed Lowlander and English and my ancestors migrated i presume during the plantation so its as British as you can be.

You cannot simply migrate in and join the club, Which a lot of people think they can they are brainwashed the truth is the criminal was a second or third generation immigrant and like many of his grime mates are mostly all responsible for the gun and knife crime in England. They make Northern Ireland look peaceful i have never known anyone to carry a knife ever and no one really has a gun anymore either. When they did it was an actual war and not a tool of daily life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom