Spec me a UPS with Server 2019 compatibility

Soldato
I'm currently using a APC Backups UPS but their software doesn't work with Server 2019, it's also a bit too low powered.

I have a Dell Poweredge T30 and HP Microserver, I also would like to move my pfsense router and VM Superhub to the same place and have the UPS power them all.

It would be great to have about 15 minutes of run time and software that shuts down the servers when the battery starts to run low.

I don't have a huge budget, could spend £200 so used might be the best option.

Any suggestions? Thanks

Soldato
OP
I haven't actually tried it as I don't have a compatible UPS, the Backups won't work with business edition and home edition won't install on a server.

They don't actually list 2019 on the APC site, only 2016.

I'm looking at the APC Smart UPS 1500VA, but when I look at them on the APC site it only shows business edition 32bit, though I think 64bit will work.

Soldato
pretty sure the business edition works. got my SUA1500 (the older non LCD version) working with PowerChute Network Shutdown on 2019 but I have a management card in mine (you can pick up an AP9617 for under £30 used).

also check ups-trader for replacement RBC7 batteries :)

Soldato
OP
pretty sure the business edition works. got my SUA1500 (the older non LCD version) working with PowerChute Network Shutdown on 2019 but I have a management card in mine (you can pick up an AP9617 for under £30 used).

also check ups-trader for replacement RBC7 batteries :)

Thanks, that's good to know.

I'm hoping to set up so it will shut down both servers if the battery level gets too low. Then I want to move my virgin modem and router so they are on the UPS too, then move the current UPS to the CCTV, I will be well covered then.

I ordered the SMT1500 from ups-trader, it comes with new batteries and 12 month warranty.

Soldato
With multiple connected servers, how are you planning on getting everything to shutdown cleanly? If you want to control more than one device you'll need some sort of expansion for it.

Soldato
OP
With multiple connected servers, how are you planning on getting everything to shutdown cleanly? If you want to control more than one device you'll need some sort of expansion for it.

I just spoke to my friend who set my servers up, he knows a way, he did tell me but it went over my head, I'll try to learn when he does it for me.

Back
Top Bottom