• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Navi 23 ‘NVIDIA Killer’ GPU Rumored to Support Hardware Ray Tracing, Coming Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
AC Valhalla + Cyberpunk 2077 would make for a nice game bundle!

As fast as a 3080 and at the right price, that bundle would make me need to change my pants.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m no fan boy of any side, I just want what I consider the best product for me no matter the manufacturer, so if that bundle came with an nVidia card I liked I’d change my pants then as well.

Associate
Cp2077 is Nvidia sponsored so no chance of that, AC Valhalla maybe

Agree on the Cyberpunk, they seem to be doing lots of Nvidia RTX/DLSS related stuff, so if they partner with anyone its likely to be Nvidia.

I find it worth noting that for the Nvidia 30 series cards the Watchdogs bundle is for cards bought before the 29th of October (and redeem by end of November). I've wondered if that is because Nvidia has a different deal lined up (Cyberpunk or Valhalla were my guesses there too, they seem like the two games both companies would want to be linked with), but it could be that Ubisoft has a deal with AMD for Valhalla, and contractually can't do one of Nvidia and one for AMD at the same time. The dates do line up with AMD's GPU announcement almost exactly (especially if AMD does a "for order right now/tomorrow" release).

Soldato
I already see some posts on the RTX 3080 thread where they are totally exonerating Nvidia and blaming the AIBs for the 3080 crashing debacle. You will never beat that kind of mindshare lunacy.

Associate
I already see some posts on the RTX 3080 thread where they are totally exonerating Nvidia and blaming the AIBs for the 3080 crashing debacle. You will never beat that kind of mindshare lunacy.

There will always be "some" on the fringes. However the large volume of the response that I see are not excusing this debacle.

Soldato
Unreal. Though @ICDP its not worth wasting your breath on anymore.

There will always be "some" on the fringes. However the large volume of the response that I see are not excusing this debacle.

Thankfully there are some on there who are calling out these idiotic posts, though my point is that over time people forget and even whitewash over these Nvidia debacles.

Associate
I've not been keeping up with this thread and I don't use instagram etc. My head is spinning reading back through the thread.

But is the following expected?

New AMD cards on 28th Oct with a hard release i.e. availavble stock?
I have a 3080 on back order but i'm on the verge of cancelling and waiting to see what AMD has to offer as I have a 5700XT and it works well now that the drivers have improved. I was pulling my hair out when there were issues.

One thing I have noted is that OCUK have very little 5700XT left and the only one with 10+ in stock has 18% off list so it looks like they are being sold off in expectation of a new release with stock available.

Associate
I've not been keeping up with this thread and I don't use instagram etc. My head is spinning reading back through the thread.

But is the following expected?

New AMD cards on 28th Oct with a hard release i.e. availavble stock?
I have a 3080 on back order but i'm on the verge of cancelling and waiting to see what AMD has to offer as I have a 5700XT and it works well now that the drivers have improved. I was pulling my hair out when there were issues.

One thing I have noted is that OCUK have very little 5700XT left and the only one with 10+ in stock has 18% off list so it looks like they are being sold off in expectation of a new release with stock available.

Yeah all they they have really said is this - https://twitter.com/Radeon/status/1303726639013036033 plus the odd hint hint tweet.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
We don't really know yet, 28th will hopefully be full details of what they are releasing, but no idea when they will actually be on sale.

lisa su said new gpu's before consoles but that was months ago along with the big navi this year comment so who knows but in my view the 9th of november is the last possible day to launch without going back on that. now will it be a well stocked launch or a shambles like ampere who knows.

Associate
Hopefully Ampere launch has mopped up most of those eager for an upgrade... Even if AMD turn out to be the better proposition, don't they tend to sell well under?

Having said that - lot's of people with Ampere pre-orders contemplating cancelling and seeing what AMD do so that they can hopefully get a card in a reasonable timeframe...

Soldato
We cant say for certain but I would expect being able to have chance of getting some early November for sure. Rumors are the cards are competing with the 3080 and 3090 instead of the older rumors where they weren't sure.

Oh and at 250w. :)

Power draw doesn't matter any more, didn't you know? 3 years ago it was a big deal with Vega had big power draw but now it's not important.

Associate
This winds me up so much, because it's one of the most ridiculous insults ever to be invented.

If you want to say someone is a moron, do so, or call them a **** ******** *** * *** **** if you must.

Every time I hear somebody call someone "an NPC" my eyes roll so hard I get a migraine.

It could only be more ridiculous if the next insult the Facebook/Twitter generation come up with is something like, "He's such a cordless telephone". Or, "That girl is a right non-return valve."
I had to look it up, seems people having been drinking the QAnon Koolaid. https://www.inverse.com/gaming/npc-meaning-definition-origin-political

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom