• Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Caporegime
OP
So, I'm pretty much settling on xbss and game pass

I'm a little out of touch with what is and isn't interconnected anymore.

If I got ac valhalla on xbox, does that automatically give me access to it on pc these days? Or is that just first party titles?

I already have a voucher for pc version having bought Ryzen 3900xt, but was wondering if any version would give me access across platforms?

Some games work like that, mainly the first parties and the odd third party like Resident Evil VII.

But for Ubisoft, it's a separate buy for each platform.

Soldato
Argos has confirmed my pre order via online chat so I'm happy now. Always loved PC gaming but I just can't justify the cost anymore. I also go way too competitive playing PC whereas console I'm just in it to relax and have a good time.

I'll miss building pcs and the excitement of upgrades but I'm done with all that now.

Man of Honour
Argos has confirmed my pre order via online chat so I'm happy now. Always loved PC gaming but I just can't justify the cost anymore. I also go way too competitive playing PC whereas console I'm just in it to relax and have a good time.

I'll miss building pcs and the excitement of upgrades but I'm done with all that now.

I could have written that myself. Agreed.

Soldato
Same I have always been PC gamer

But now with Gamepass and PSnow

Cost of Series X is about that of a decent GPU

Add in living room has 5.1 and a huge sub

No brainer switching really

Man of Honour
Same I have always been PC gamer

But now with Gamepass and PSnow

Cost of Series X is about that of a decent GPU

Add in living room has 5.1 and a huge sub

No brainer switching really

Exactly, for the cost of a mid range PC (throw in driver issues and constant meddling with patches) I can have a top end console setup with a huge 4K TV, while sitting on the sofa surrounded by a powerful sound system. I always said I’d make the switch this gen now that the console offering is strong and PC hardware prices just aren’t worth it for the occasional decent game that drops. Gamepass just sweetens the deal since I get bored of games quickly.

Soldato
Just need a bigger TV I find 42 a bit small

Then it'd be 4k so I'd need a dongle to split signal to my amp (Denon 7200 does 4k but doesn't have HDCP 2.2)

Soldato
Just need a bigger TV I find 42 a bit small

Then it'd be 4k so I'd need a dongle to split signal to my amp (Denon 7200 does 4k but doesn't have HDCP 2.2)
I ditched my Onkyo amp (10 years old) after getting an OLED and bought a Sonos Beam. Not as good as a full setup but much better than the TV speakers. I may add satellites later but for now it is decent enough. I mostly game with headphones anyway.

Soldato
Well my plans on not upgrading my tv to 4k have changed due to my current set deciding to break itself.

Tbh I dont need 4k as I'm limited by size but it seems all TVs are now so maybe I will wait for a Series X.

My argos Series S preorder shows a pic of the series s but says series x. Might be a bit optimistic on that :p

Soldato
Well my plans on not upgrading my tv to 4k have changed due to my current set deciding to break itself.

Tbh I dont need 4k as I'm limited by size but it seems all TVs are now so maybe I will wait for a Series X.

My argos Series S preorder shows a pic of the series s but says series x. Might be a bit optimistic on that :p
I'm in a similar position. Got a 4k TV, but "only" 55 inches and I sit quite far back. Going to wait to see some reviews and comparisons before ordering as I'm not in a rush, but I'll probably settle for the S.

Soldato

I have been away from pc gaming a couple of years now. Not done much gaming on console either - and that was handled by ps4.

Have been seriously considering an rtx 3080 - already have a beefy pc (and 1070 in there isn't terrible) but have been more used for image editing, etc.

But still get a niggling doubt about whether should do the pc gaming bit. One reason i moved away from pc gaming (and these forums) was i got into cycle of endless upgrades and tinkering with oc, rather than using pc.

I may have cured self of that now i think. Had my Ryzen 1700 for about three years without oc, recently updated to 3900xt, with no intention to oc. Hoping this will all last another 3 years+

But if start gaming on pc again, will that bring up old habits? Whereas, console - turn on, away you go. Simples.

Soldato
So I looked at GP for console last night and gota say there wasn't actually much on there I'd want to play, it knocked my enthusiasm back quite a bit but I had it on PC so perhaps that's why. That said, was very surprised to see Nier automata on there as I didn't even know it was on Xbox and was on my backlog of PS4 games to play.

These were my picks which would last me plenty enough:

Kingdom Hearts (never played any didnt know were on Xbox)
Ace Combat 7
FFXV (replay)
Nier Automata
Outer Wilds
Forza H
Hellblade

I'm holding off on ME incase the remake rumour is true, I'd rather play that. I'd probably enjoy Sea of Thieves but I don't really have friends who play games online.
I suppose I'm thinking that for all the purported value of GP, if the titles aren't there currently then are you really getting any value from it? In my case I think so initially but once the titles start to dry out then you're paying for something you don't make much use of. With the Brazil workaround though its basically what £2.36 a month which is insignificant, full price though I'd be more concerned.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
So I looked at GP for console last night and gota say there wasn't actually much on there I'd want to play, it knocked my enthusiasm back quite a bit but I had it on PC so perhaps that's why. That said, was very surprised to see Nier automata on there as I didn't even know it was on Xbox and was on my backlog of PS4 games to play.

These were my picks which would last me plenty enough:

I'm holding off on ME incase the remake rumour is true, I'd rather play that. I'd probably enjoy Sea of Thieves but I don't really have friends who play games online.
I suppose I'm thinking that for all the purported value of GP, if the titles aren't there currently then are you really getting any value from it? In my case I think so initially but once the titles start to dry out then you're paying for something you don't make much use of. With the Brazil workaround though its basically what £2.36 a month which is insignificant, full price though I'd be more concerned.

There’s a lot more coming apparently.

Caporegime
OP
I think everyone has totally differing opinions on Game Pass. :D For me, on PC it is just totally "meh" but looking at the Xbox list, I'd be like a kid in a sweet shop, mainly because of all the Xbox 360 games that aren't on PC.

Fable trilogy, all the Gears games, all the old Rare games like Kameo and Viva Pinata, Nier Automata, Quantum Break, none of them are on PC game pass off the top of my head. Then you get EA Play without having to faff about with Origin.

I'm really looking forward to playing a metric tonne of games because I'm going to be going for all those achievements. I've got a fresh new gamertag with 0 achievement score which I'm going to build up. At my ripe old age, such things shouldn't really be of concern but I love trophies on PS3/4. And I've got some catching up to beat my nephews' scores. :D

Back
Top Bottom