Kolink Void RGB controller how-to(?)

Associate
I am making a small build for htpc and casual gaming.
I purchased the case of the title https://kolink.eu/Home/case-1/midi-tower-2/void.html
I havent purchased a motherboard yet.
I've checked that the RGB led controller has 2 ends,one that plugs into a 5 ARGB header(3 pin) and another one that says in VDG.Also to mention,i believe it powered by a sata cable
So my question is,i was planning to buy a B450 tomahawk max/x470 msi gaming plus or a msi 450 A pro max.
I checked none of the above has a 5v ARGB header,or a VDG header.
And i am asking,i have to look for a motherboard with a 5V ARGB header to controll it via the button that it has on top of the case? Or not hooking any cable besides the sata for power will do the work and let me control it via the button?
Thanks in advance.
Below you can find the pictures of the specific cables i am talking about

https://imgur.com/a/y72ReiT
Thanks in advance.

Associate
Just got my son one of these.

Also with an older MB that just has 12v rgb not the newer 5v Argb.

Just make sure the fan and front panel are connected together. Plug in the sata power to the front panel, and it just works very happily independent of motherboard if need be (admittedly very basically). Just press the small button next the the main power and it will cycle through the colours/effects.

My lad loves it, good luck with yours!

Associate

Just make sure the fan and front panel are connected together. Plug in the sata power to the front panel, and it just works very happily independent of motherboard if need be (admittedly very basically). Just press the small button next the the main power and it will cycle through the colours/effects.

Spot on. I wondered the same thing when building a PC for my nephew using the Void. Everything comes pre-daisy chained. You just need to connect the sata power cable and use the button next to the main pwoer switch to cycle through the RGB effects.

Associate

I've plugged the sata in, my fan is working but I'm not seeing anything from the RGBs at all? It's all linked together as far as I can tell, just wondering if anyone can point me ion the right direction.

Associate
Beyond just checking that everything is still plugged in properly, I am not sure to be honest. Did you unplug any of the cables for cable routing? I had to when building in the Void but made sure they were all connected back up as I went.

Check the connection from the front io button that controls the RGB.

Associate
Hello Guys!

I aim to build a green-red color themed PC,
My question is, is there a colour cycle on the case/+fan which switches between green and red?
If not, the static red: how red is it? is it more leaning towards orange or is that hard "ROG red"?

Thanks in advance!

Associate
Hi guys, I have recently built with the Kolink void X case, love the case got the front panel and lights working through the controller, my question is, what fans can I daisy chain to it? As I carnt seem to find any fans that have both 4pin for my mother board and then 3 pin for the rgb side of things?
Does anyone know what fan is installed in the back of these cases? So Ino I have the same fans?

Thanks!

Associate
Does anyone know what fan is installed in the back of these cases? So Ino I have the same fans?

I've been wondering this too as I'm thinking of adding a couple more fans to the case (I have the Kolink Void rather than the X) and wanted to keep the look consistent. I've found a few that are similar but not exact and I can't see them on Kolink's site so I'm guessing they're not for general sale.

Associate
I've been wondering this too as I'm thinking of adding a couple more fans to the case (I have the Kolink Void rather than the X) and wanted to keep the look consistent. I've found a few that are similar but not exact and I can't see them on Kolink's site so I'm guessing they're not for general sale.

Yeah I couldn't find any so instead I have purchased the ezdiy moonlight fans with a seperate controller and remote!
Does the job fine and the rgb and motherboard match well! Even tho they carnt sync together!

Associate
I know this is probably necroing this thread to hell but I thought I'd mention that I recently found fans that I've gone ahead and put in the case, a set of Aerocool Duo 12 Pro. They're dual ring rather than single (in the void case the 2nd ring is covered by the case from the side so not a big deal) and have clear fins rather than the stock ones black fins but the mounts look identical and the colours are actually controllable from RGB 2.0 so they can be synced with the original one. **competitor hinting removed**

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
I know this is probably necroing this thread to hell but I thought I'd mention that I recently found fans that I've gone ahead and put in the case, a set of Aerocool Duo 12 Pro. They're dual ring rather than single (in the void case the 2nd ring is covered by the case from the side so not a big deal) and have clear fins rather than the stock ones black fins but the mounts look identical and the colours are actually controllable from RGB 2.0 so they can be synced with the original one. **competitor hinting removed**
Hello, I'm new here, and I have the exact same setup (Kolink Void + Aerocool Duo 12 Pro). I couldn't make it sync together with the case (neither the fan, nor the front panel), and the controller from aerocool. How did you connect everything together? I can't find helpful information anywhere! Thanks in advance

Associate
Hello, I'm new here, and I have the exact same setup (Kolink Void + Aerocool Duo 12 Pro). I couldn't make it sync together with the case (neither the fan, nor the front panel), and the controller from aerocool. How did you connect everything together? I can't find helpful information anywhere! Thanks in advance
It's been a while since I did it but from memory I disconnected the existing lights from the mobo and connected the controller to that socket, then connected the existing lights to the 3rd party socket on the controller and the new fans into their sockets. Once you've done that and connected power you should only need to press the mobo button on the remote to have it controllable by rgbfusion.

Only annoyance is that the variable fan speed doesn't seem to work but that's probably just me lol.

Back
Top Bottom