Ryzen (3600) and NZXT Z73

Associate
Hi

Anyone running a NZXT Z73 AIO (or X equivalent) with a Ryzen 3600 or similar?

Just curious as to what core temps you’re getting?

My core temp is fluctuating 39-52 at idle, liquid sitting 26c. Room ambient is around 21c. Wouldn’t of expected core temp to be so high!

Edit: updated temps

Last edited:
Associate
OP
On a 3700x and X73 I am getting 30-35c idle and 45-50c gaming with room temp around 20c from Ryzen Master.

Jeez mine does seem a little high then.

I did try reseat the heatsink and reapply paste too

I’m looking at temps in CAM, think I’ll double check in Ryzen Master

Soldato
Yes check Ryzen Master temps as they seem to be one of the most accurate from what I've read also do you have auto voltages on with PBO? What are your temps gaming?

Soldato
Hi, I use the Kraken 73 with an i7 6700k overclocked to 4.5ghz, when I run stress test (gaming doesnt come near to stressing as much I use Intel Burn test) highest it goes is 74c but stays around 70c this is the 3 fans spinning at around 1000rpm and pump 2000rpm I feel me its the right balance between noise and cooling, on idle its around 24c-29c sometimes it jumps to 34-40c but thats down to if the system does something on idle the 3 fans spin at around 780rpm and pump around 1600rpm , liquid temp is 28c

the i7 6700k is an 91w CPU the Ryzen 3600 is 65W you should run cooler, on idle what are the fans and pump running at ?

you say you re seated it so not sure what to suggest, In CAM have you tried running the pump and fans at full speed just to see if the temps go down ? also try core temp or different software to check temps

Last edited:
Associate
OP
D'Oh, hit newbie post limit yesterday so couldn't respond

Yes check Ryzen Master temps as they seem to be one of the most accurate from what I've read also do you have auto voltages on with PBO? What are your temps gaming?

I’ve not really tweaked much (as I don't know enough about it yet), I just ran Auto OC in Ryzen Master but since switched back to default. I've not had chance to really test gaming as I’ve just got an old GTX 460 in it while I wait for my 3080 :(

I have noticed the temps seem to report quite a bit lower in Ryzen Master, (still fluctuating from 34 to 47, though)

Hi, I use the Kraken 73 with an i7 6700k overclocked to 4.5ghz, when I run stress test (gaming doesnt come near to stressing as much I use Intel Burn test) highest it goes is 74c but stays around 70c this is the 3 fans spinning at around 1000rpm and pump 2000rpm I feel me its the right balance between noise and cooling, on idle its around 24c-29c sometimes it jumps to 34-40c but thats down to if the system does something on idle the 3 fans spin at around 780rpm and pump around 1600rpm , liquid temp is 28c

the i7 6700k is an 91w CPU the Ryzen 3600 is 65W you should run cooler, on idle what are the fans and pump running at ?

you say you re seated it so not sure what to suggest, In CAM have you tried running the pump and fans at full speed just to see if the temps go down ? also try core temp or different software to check temps

I've currently got a custom curve set up as the default curve was causing fans/pump to constantly spin up and down (presumably due to the Ryzen boosting causing temps to constantly fluctuate)

I have tried running all fans and pump on max and the CPU temp doesn't really drop much though, liquid temp is sitting only 5 degrees above ambient though so I don't suppose the liquid can get much cooler

Soldato
Not sure what else to suggest, before with AUTO OC sometimes it sets it with high voltage but you said you put it back to stock, Also i set the pump and fan speed using the liquid temp this stops the fans ramping up and down

Associate
OP
Not sure what else to suggest, before with AUTO OC sometimes it sets it with high voltage but you said you put it back to stock, Also i set the pump and fan speed using the liquid temp this stops the fans ramping up and down

Ah sweet I didn't even realise you could set it based on the liquid temp, I'm gonna do that too makes much more sense.

I'll just keep an eye on it. I'm happier with the temps that are reported in Ryzen Master compared to those in CAM

Associate
OP
I noticed on you chart you have step up in speeds why not just one line between 50 and 100%, So it's a gradual increase in speed to .temps.

Is that an option.

I don't think that's an option in CAM, it seems you only get those markers to play with (even the default curves use the markers). You could set them up in that way (steady incremental increase) but it'd still be somewhat stepped.

I had went with a fairly drastic step as with the Ryzen boosting the fans were constantly changing when I wasn't really doing much. I think I should have better luck having the curve based on liquid temp though

Back
Top Bottom