• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Yup was LN2 tho so hard to see behaviour under air as properties of compoments change allot with low temperatures's. Only digged in to show that there are Different not only by visuall way of looking at them. Part number is the way always been.

Later on will dig in to what sort of difference you are lookign from different ones.

Wrong, it was on standard cooler.

Associate
if You can read Polish got whole section. Also if in need of Ryzen troubleshotting got section at ocnet.

Ye JAY alrd said he ****** up up and ofc he wont take vid down will he now ??
So he admitted his mistake. Don't seem a problem with that. He was big enough to do so and still has massive tech channel with thousands and thousands of followers.

Whereas you're on a tech forum posting weird AF videos of yourself on youtube claiming to have a diploma. Completely on-topic, right?

Associate
Sorry unrelated but is OC in contacts with any board partners about the faulty capacitors on the 3080/3090. I think OC may want to get ahead of this, or will they say just call the manufacturer once people start getting cards. Or so you think this next batch will address the capacitor issue?

TrM

TrM

Associate
Sorry unrelated but is OC in contacts with any board partners about the faulty capacitors on the 3080/3090. I think OC may want to get ahead of this, or will they say just call the manufacturer once people start getting cards. Or so you think this next batch will address the capacitor issue?

there is no prof about any of it atm even jay is backtracking on his Twitter account atm. People have jumped into a area they souldn’t of atm
This could be 100 differnt reasons. Lot of people are even saying the asus cards also crash in the same way. Driver related problem or a to aggressive boost algorithm is so much more likely to be the issue.

but the story is out there. Some you tubers who don’t know better all quoting 2 places and make it the story worse . Sorry but no one knows the causes of the crash to desktop yet

Image me OFF the meds I'm on all the time hahahaha thats when im properly aggressive and if im having a bad day you dont want to meet me
cause just looking for excuse any excuse.
@Absolute_Pogchamp ye thats why im on meds

If your on Meds fair enough, but just try slowing down a little, the aggression you have in you doesn't need to be your dictator, sit with it, breath with it, shake its hand, don't let it control you.

Anyway if what you are saying is true good luck.

Associate
Don't know about anyone else, but I'm tempted to get my money back and go AMD and get the AMD card from somewhere else.

Between the ****** launch, faulty cards and OCUK taking money and not being transparent I've had enough.

I think this mess could get even worse, with the demand and pressure to produce more cards quickly, how many more hardware defects are going to happen? Nvidia didn't give AIBs enough time nor did they even give them a working driver until it was time to send them out for reviews. Nvidia has really been scummy as have some retailers. It totally kills the enjoyment we should have when spending over £700. Not only that but the next kick in the balls is when a 20gb card will come out and we already have the 10gb one. Where is the transparency so we can make a choice? People knew when Zen2 came out there was going to be a 16 core released later so people could decide on whether or not to wait or get something else. These companies act like they're doing us a favour, but the truth is, it's us that are doing them the favour.

I'm going to wait until the end of next week and see what happens. Never felt so conflicted over something that should be enjoyable.

Associate
More info coming out, it looks like its most affecting cards that are overclocked, and getting unstable past 2ghz. Makes me worry about the strix OC which is meant to boost to 1935, and assume easily go past this 2ghz mark.

Hoping these 6 MLCC they seem to be changing too might help, but conflicting information about if they are helpful or not. Buildzoid has done a quite an interesting video on it that being said

Associate
@NikTheSHNIK

Since I can't quote your answers I will bold them here and respond.

In response to my first question,

1. When are we likely to get a queue calculator? (Are we still getting one?)

You said the following:

"I was told that IT are working on one. When it will be ready I don't know."

I want to address this by saying, why has there not been more communication between yourselves and the IT department about this matter?

So you have been told that IT are working on one but in your own words you say "when it will be ready I don't know" but it was just the other day that Gibbo told everyone to "give us a few days to come up with a solution" well it's been 6 days since that post was made, I don't quite understand how you don't have any form of ETA on when the system will be ready?

How often do you communicate with the IT department? Is there any communication about anything? Because there seems to be a trend of not knowing anything and just telling customers to "relax" and "be patient" whilst you hold on to their money and provide them with little more than meaningless reassurances and no real information on the subject of stock or position of order.

Long term members of this forum and repeat customers might be ok with this, imo, unprofessional way of dealing with things (they shouldn't be but brand dedication comes into play here) but for new customers (the ones that you really want to keep for repeat business) it's going to be a huge turn off and will likely result in them not using your company again (and I say this as someone who has always ordered from OCUK) most people who are +1 my post that I made to you are indeed new members of the forum, which tells me they are customers who have purchased a card (some of which had ETAs on them so were effectively sold under false pretence) and are now desperate for any form of information because there is no easy way to find out when their cards may be in stock.

The fact they have to come to the forum and ask questions is itself, an indication that there is not enough information on your main website for people who have made these orders and given you their money in good faith that they will at least be informed about when they may or may not get their products they have paid for.

In response to my second question,

2. Can you give an ETA on stock delivery for every brand of card (like your competitors have) so customers know when you are likely to get more cards in for shipment?

You said the following
:

There are so many orders that not everyone will have their order satisfied from the first, second, third or even the 4th intake. Why let people know when the next stock is due when it doesn't affect the majority of those with pre-orders? It just gets peoples hopes up. Then we'll have to deal with the fallout when they don't get their card the day after we are ETA'd for shipment.

I completely understand that many people will not have their order satisfied from the first, second, third or even fourth intake but that's not a reason to leave people uninformed about the products they have purchased, that's just going to make the issue far worse, it feels like, to me at least, an excuse.

Also, it could be argued that if preorders were no longer being taken then this wouldn't be an issue, there would be less people on the list of orders, therefore making it easier to let people know when they are likely to get their cards and making it easier to predict so this seems to be an issue of OCUKs own making.

Giving people an idea of when they might get their cards, even if it may be months from now, is a far better and more transparent approach than simply saying "we don't want to upset people if we can't meet the ETAs we have so therefore we are going to say nothing because even if we did give stock updates it wouldn't affect the majority of people who have pre-ordered anyway as they are so far back in the queue it would be pointless"

Also, if that is indeed the case and you don't want to let people know when stock is due, why have we got a sticky thread that exists for that very purpose? Why also are you working on a queue calculator if that's the case? It doesn't make any sense to me, it's contradictory and it seems to me, that you're just sending customers around in circles.

In response to my third question,

3. Can you make this information easily accessible via a webpage link that is updated daily so we no longer have to ask and beg for information that frankly, we are entitled to as paying customers?

You said the following
:

You don't have to ask or beg, we'll email you as and when we have information available for you. Just sit tight and relax.

See the issue with this is, people ARE having to ask because there is no clear information available to people who have already paid for a product about when they may get that product, hence my suggestion that an easy to access webpage with daily updates on stock availability (like other sites have done) would keep customers informed about when they are likely to receive said product, it provides the customer with an idea, at the very least, of when they may get the product they have paid for, again, the way things are being dealt with currently is, imo, unprofessional and leaves the customer with more questions than answers, not a good way to do business.

All paying customers currently have from your business is that you will email them when you have information, information about what exactly? Are you going to email each customer and let them know when they are likely to receive their product? Or are you simply saying "we will email you when your product is in stock" again, that could be months of people waiting with no answers, no idea where their product is and no clue as to when they may get it, it just doesn't make sense and the lack of clarity makes people believe that OCUK are purposefully being obtuse, especially when you continue to take more pre-orders but you can't even give an answer to people who are already in the queue.

Like I said, I have always used Overclockers for purchasing products but this is leaving me with a very sour taste in my mouth and I imagine others are feeling exactly the same as I am.

This is just my opinion but I think the professional and decent thing to do would be to inform people with a daily stock update on an easy to access page that people can visit with ETAs and provide a queue system for orders, that would go a very long way to reassure people that you have their best interests in mind when it comes to providing them with a product they have paid for.

Associate
@NikTheSHNIK

I don't suppose you can give any comment at all on why the users who ordered the Zotac very early (14:04) still don't have their cards given it was one of the most unpopular and several shipments have been confirmed for that card? It's incredibly frustrating/confusing to see.

Associate
Does anyone know when should get the email for a confirmed cancellation, I requested to cancel on Thursday and have not heard anything back yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom