• Yes - 40mm non cellular

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • Yes - 44mm non cellular

Votes: 39 34.5%
  • No, I won't be buying it

Votes: 36 31.9%

• Total voters
Associate
Interesting. Something has gone wrong with mine then. So I have set a sleep schedule 11pm to 7am, I have wind down off and when I get into bed I touch the Bed symbol on the Watch. Is there anything else to do?

I do not in the Health app on my phone under sleep and at the bottom under data sources the watch is not shown any ideas how I get this to show.

Soldato
Interesting. Something has gone wrong with mine then. So I have set a sleep schedule 11pm to 7am, I have wind down off and when I get into bed I touch the Bed symbol on the Watch. Is there anything else to do?

I do not in the Health app on my phone under sleep and at the bottom under data sources the watch is not shown any ideas how I get this to show.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204351

Have a read through that, I just ticked it to track sleep I think when I set it up?

Soldato
I am struggling with the sleep app. I set my routine 11pm to 7pm. When I went to sleep i pushed the bed icon on the watch. This morning it tells me I slept 8 hours. I know I didnt as I had a bad night (up to close window, toilet, get a drink etc) am I missing something?

Just curious (and please dont take this the wrong way!) - what would you then do with the information? You know you've had a rubbish nights sleep, your watch tells you you've had a rubbish nights sleep.. what then?
Struggle to see the practical use of this sleep monitoring malarky but happy to be enlightened.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Just curious (and please dont take this the wrong way!) - what would you then do with the information? You know you've had a rubbish nights sleep, your watch tells you you've had a rubbish nights sleep.. what then?
Struggle to see the practical use of this sleep monitoring malarky but happy to be enlightened.

I thought that but looking at mine I immediately can tell that on Sunday night even though i went to bed early, it took me a while to get back to sleep, in fact, it took me until the same time the previous night (Saturday) when i stayed up. That tells me my body doesn't adjust quick enough between nights.

Conclusion, I need to stop staying up too late past normal bed time on the weekend and go to bed as normal or I will have a crappy Monday.

Secondly, it appears that I can do 4hr REM cycle pretty easily (and move/wake in between) and during the week I am not getting 2 full cycles, more like 1 and 2/3rds so I should go to bed a little earlier too.

Associate

Last night I knew I had a bad nights sleep as I know I closed a window, went for a pee and went for a drink (one off sort of night in terms of what i did, rare I go f or a pee and get a drink too much fizzy drinks and dominos pizza). On a typical night I may sleep walk or I may / or may not wake from an anxiety attack, this I am keen to see if I wake and it is not a dream etc as I can never truelly remember. A few weeks back the wife said I had a bad night, jumping in the night, getting up etc and I cannot remember any of it and commented that I felt very refreshed etc and was she sure so i am keen to see my sleep pattern.

Soldato

Like any data you track, once you have enough data you can discern trends/patterns and hopefully begin to change them. Whether it's diet related, work related, child related, or whether you're just interested in tracking data about your habits to understand it.

Soldato
Fair enough. The rem sleep part is indeed quite interesting and I'm definitely not a "good" sleeper but thats mostly down to bad sleep preparation. If my watch can somehow instill a little self discipline to not eat past 9pm/drink alcholol past 9pm or sit up looking at my phone then definitely worth it :D

Soldato
Fair enough. The rem sleep part is indeed quite interesting and I'm definitely not a "good" sleeper but thats mostly down to bad sleep preparation. If my watch can somehow instill a little self discipline to not eat past 9pm/drink alcholol past 9pm or sit up looking at my phone then definitely worth it :D

Wish my watch could instill self-discipline :D Unfortunately I just look at the data constantly and think meh, will change that next week.

Man of Honour
I find it utterly bizarre that the sleep tracking seems like a half arsed attempt. Usually Apple are on the ball with new features.

Soldato
Hows that work, cheaper than on the Apple site..

Ooof long lead time though, would I pay more for delivery on monday of a Grey one?

Mmmm

Last edited:
Soldato
Hows that work, cheaper than on the Apple site..

Ooof long lead time though, would I pay more for delivery on monday of a Grey one?

Mmmm

That's why I was so interested haha, but yeah I would pay a little bit extra for the Grey one personally. Want to go in store and see if I can try (in this crazy age) one of the new fangled bands.

Back
Top Bottom