Snowdonia360 (North Wales' alternative to Route 66)

Soldato
https://www.snowdonia360.com/

I just saw this advertised on the M.E.N and it Looks like a good way to formalise a lot of the routes through Snowdonia and Anglesey. It's a 360 mile loop around North Wales with an interactive map that can be customised with various stops along the way.

I've probably driven most of those roads at some point but never bothered to make a proper route from them. Given the current travel restrictions, this could be a fun few days away in the UK.

Soldato
As someone who lives slap bang in the middle of that, we have very mixed feelings about tourists at the moment!

It seems quite a nice route to see the sights and link them together, it does seem to avoid some of the best 'driving' roads so i wouldn't go for it on an out and out hoon as it'd be pretty boring.

Soldato
I've done most of those on a motorcycle and car at different times. It's nice up there just gotta watch the bloody speed cameras, police there love to catch an English motorist.

Also I appreciate it's quite a but further east but Llangollen is worth driving to it's very pretty there.

Associate
I wouldn't touch that. The Welsh hatred for anything car/bike with their speed cameras and local police will sap any form of enjoyment from that, and the other road users bimbling will turn it into frustration.

Back
Top Bottom