• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Ampere RTX 3080 Owners Thread

Man of Honour
OP
Mine arrived on Monday (21st)
y4mgv1PrPkZYt5hw3OScZ3Qn7jYH2EDL5_mcWWlbZeS0pfj1kAq9R6p_gQryc8zQFJPoEHtkLcNp9HGWDySLZSi7SWAawYmnYJK3lXofKbK_qNho0uZ0Si1dQEvABlz80NhUXqIC8aj8MW0aPtdfcQt1WxMK6vLBcdaAPwbqZb5854dLRC98HThtTbwFVnyhPRYawEHXCoaelaBwt1MDf9G8g
1YHlMTC.jpg

Many thanks to OCUK, :D:D

Mick
Got my card in. Had to take some of the loop out while waiting for a block. And yes, i have a new cable kit coming from OC next week :D;)
10900K, 32gb 4200mhz ram, MSI Z49 andd 3TB M2 SSD

6tOkQtO.jpg

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

iH1492r.jpg

Date 25/09/2020, Make Palit GamingPro, Kungfudave, Link
Date 25/09/2020, Make Asus TUF, FlyingFish, Link
Date 25/09/2020, Make NVidia Founders Edition, hideki, Link
Date 24/09/2020, Make MSI Gaming X Trio, jabski, Link
Date 24/09/2020, Make Palit GamingPro, Spikey, Link
Date 24/09/2020, Make MSI Ventus, XeNoNF50, Link
Date 24/09/2020, Make MSI Gaming X Trio, Gripen90, Link
Date 24/09/2020, Make Palit GamingPro, no_1_dave, Link
Date 24/09/2020, Make MSI Ventus, Joxeon, Link
Date 22/09/2020, Make Gigabyte Gaming, WiGgLr, Link
Date 22/09/2020, Make Palit GamingPro, Ace Modder, Link
Date 22/09/2020, Make Zotac Trinity, Ace Modder, Link
Date 22/09/2020, Make Zotac Trinity, Shockwave, Link
Date 21/09/2020, Make Zotac Trinity, InkZ, Link
Date 19/09/2020, Make Palit GamingPro, mingey, Link
Date 19/09/2020, Make Zotac Trinity, hyperseven, Link
Date 18/09/2020, Make MSI Gaming X Trio, Vogon, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your RTX 3080

Soldato
Lol @ MSI reply to my email about no fan stop using AB to profile:

Dear sir,
I tried it and didn't find the problem you mentioned.
If you have access to another computer, try swapping the graphics card and test the card to see if you can reproduce the same issue. Maybe you can swap with a friend or relative.
Or Please reinstall your system and install the latest driver. Will this problem still occur?
if above actions can’t solve the problem,suggest send it for repair service. Thanks!

line 1: Really ? I looked at the photo he sent and they hadnt applied the custom profile as it had a minimum speed of 40% and the monitor graph shows fan at stop :p
Line 2: Err nope. I cant see why that would change anything TBH.
Line 3. Was a fresh install a week before the graphics card came.
Line 4 . No way hose, it works just fine otherwise and I don't want to be without a card again.

IMO they haven't understood my point, I will wait until a new bios, or fan controller that works properly is released ;)
But in the meantime I will follow up the email with my own pic and answers !
I was having the same issue with the fan would not completely stop at 0% on the fan curve when I wanted it to on my fan curve. If you install the latest beta version of MSI afterburner it started working for me. Might be worth a try? That also allowed me to see voltage settings which I couldn't see on the non beta version.

Man of Honour
OP
I was having the same issue with the fan would not completely stop at 0% on the fan curve when I wanted it to on my fan curve. If you install the latest beta version of MSI afterburner it started working for me. Might be worth a try? That also allowed me to see voltage settings which I couldn't see on the non beta version.

Have EVGA got out a version of Precision X1 yet that supports Ampere, normally they are pretty good at fixing things like fan control in their software.

For most stuff I find Precision X1 better than Afterburner.

Soldato
Have EVGA got out a version of Precision X1 yet that supports Ampere, normally they are pretty good at fixing things like fan control in their software.

For most stuff I find Precision X1 better than Afterburner.

I've had an EVGA card until now so very familiar with PX1. Definitely agree with you that it is better.

Soldato
Had this beautiful ASUS TUF 3080 this morning! (not from OcUK though, managed to nab it elsewhere yesterday) ;)

Had a good session back on HZD and SOTR earlier, 68-70c load temps. Fan is really quiet even on performance mode too! Really impressed with ASUS on this card all-round.

Seems to boost on average to ~1950MHz @ stock. Reaching 100fps+ with everything cranked up @ 1440p, loving the experience and visual fidelity of these games. :D

Just ordered some custom braided PSU cables now, to make it look a lot neater. I ran the 2nd PCI-E cable but now I have the 2 splitter 8-pins hanging which isn't good. Been after a set anyway, so this just spurred me to get a kit ordered. :)

Added some extra photos below too in the spoiler tag, after getting it installed.

UiIMQPV.png

d3zKWpK.jpeg.png

F1moKeJ.jpeg.png

TNxHvCt.jpeg

ESrWMpV.jpeg

WAOtulT.jpeg

Associate
Find it funny 3080 owners thread has 250 odd replys, yet stock situation thread over 8000. Lol. Few figures paints a large picture

Soldato
@FlyingFish my case isn't the best for airlow (275R) and I keep the fans usually ~900rpm, I like it silent :p

If I crank fans up I'm sure it'll drop a few c maybe haha + a better mesh case be helpful.

Great card though, really impressed with it's performance :)

Soldato

What version ? I have 4.6.3 beta2 that is still not stopping fans for me.
I tried the evga presicion but it didnt seem to alter fans at all, maybe I wasn't doing it right !

Soldato
I've done a test to see if I can get my Palit to CTD like people are having with other manufactures but I can't get it to over 2,000 Mhz, It's almost like it has been hard locked to stay below that speed.

I tested Time Spy, Heaven and Red Dead 2 to see if I could re-create the issue.

I've moved the power slider to 109% (max) which also increases the temp limit from 83c to 91c and I've maxed out the fan RPM (loud with this maxed but keeps temps below 65c). Then no matter what I do it never boosts above 1995 Mhz. If I don't touch the clock speed it will boost to 1980 Mhz. If I up the clock speed +10, +25, +40 it never boosts above 1995 Mhz and the temp never goes above 65c.

Time Spy

Stock - 17,087
Overclocked - 17,127
https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/50925109

There is no point clocking my card, as 100% fan is nasty and for that small increase it's not worth it. At stock the fan has not gone over 66% so it's not loud and the temps stay below 75c. Max boost when stock is 1950 so it's safe to assume that I won't be having the problems others are having with some of the manufactures.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom