• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Navi 23 ‘NVIDIA Killer’ GPU Rumored to Support Hardware Ray Tracing, Coming Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
If it tanks performance too much then its not worth turning on. However I cant see consoles adopting it if it cant work, and the PC's of enthusiasts are far more powerful than the consoles so I think yes - the hybrid approach will be enough @DDH

Indeed, cross platform games will be developed with levels of RT RDNA2 can cope with. Not that Nvidia won't be faster, but surely AMD will offer enough performance, and of course Nvidia can work with devs to offer higher quality levels of RT. The main thing is with support now in consoles it will start becoming more widespread.

Soldato
I have to turn this off after 30 seconds... not for me

Seriously at least watch after the 30 secs, who cares about the intro. The main video is as good as any when it comes to rumours and speculation. If Navi does come in at 3080 level for the lower card then that's incredibly good news.

Soldato
Drivers are the biggest concern. Navi was a let down in terms of drivers; there were issues that took 6 months to resolve... I'm hoping AMD take enough time to release a solid card that will win back trust.

Sadly this time around I need a HDMI 2.1 card asap, as I'm limited to 4k60hz on my CX48, and I really want to try 120Hz at 4k, hence my Strix 3090 OC order. AMD were too slow for me this generation, though I'm glad they aren't rushing things out, as per my above sentence.

The big Navi announcement is the end of October, where they may release a launch date? I'm guessing that will be Jan/February, as I think it's too late for them to hit the festive period, though happy to be wrong on this one.

Associate
Drivers are the biggest concern. Navi was a let down in terms of drivers; there were issues that took 6 months to resolve... I'm hoping AMD take enough time to release a solid card that will win back trust.

Sadly this time around I need a HDMI 2.1 card asap, as I'm limited to 4k60hz on my CX48, and I really want to try 120Hz at 4k, hence my Strix 3090 OC order. AMD were too slow for me this generation, though I'm glad they aren't rushing things out, as per my above sentence.

The big Navi announcement is the end of October, where they may release a launch date? I'm guessing that will be Jan/February, as I think it's too late for them to hit the festive period, though happy to be wrong on this one.

It's expected that cards will go on sale about a week into November from everything I've heard/read.

DDH

DDH

Associate

I don't think so. The cards will be out early Nov most likely, before you get your 3090 I'd say.

Soldato
Or it's 128 ROPs.

I hope so, or the performance is not likely to meet all the hype + expectations that's been built up. It needs to be about 2x the core config of the 5700 or 5700 XT to compete with the RTX 3080.

The important specs never get reported on / speculated about lol, just the well known ones like Compute Units, VRAM size / type and some wild guesses about IPC and clockrates.

And banging on a lot about HBM too for some reason, as if this will make all the difference.

Last edited:
Soldato

Think you mean Nvidia paper launched to get in front as atm all we can confirm is AMD are on there target launch. Yea Nvidia got a few cards out and you are lucky to have got one but saying AMD were to slow is dismissing NV's horrible half attempt at a launch.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
AMD released when they were ready. You see what happens even to the mighty nvidia when you rush something.

Just because you bought a 3090 as it was available doesnt mean you can blame AMD for being slow. Do all the component manufacturers agree to release products together or for a certain time of year? People are just impatient.

AMD said they would release the cards before consoles from what I can remember. Rumor is after the end of October announcement cards should be available second week November. If this holds true, you may see people with AMD cards playing games before 3080/90 buyers which is laughable considering people banged on about nvidia beating AMD to launch with nothing to show..

Soldato
It's expected that cards will go on sale about a week into November from everything I've heard/read.

Where have you heard this? The official info out there is just for an RDNA2 announcement, on the 28th of October. I think it's a big leap going from an announcement, to card's being in stock and launching a week later... Though do give me your sources, I'd love that to be true

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom