Declining attitude to law and order

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
for example brexit is clearly madness - so far the UK has lost more money than it ever gave the EU in the past 47 years - all that wasted money could have fed the entire country for a year, we all could have ate for free, for a year......, it makes total sense to reverse it -.
Funny how Remoaners never let a good story go to waste! A copper murdered and here we have some liberal-Arhcie type blaming the democratic voters for wanting their Leave vote upheld:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Capodecina
Soldato
Funny how Remoaners never let a good story go to waste! A copper murdered and he we have some liberal-Arhcie type blaming the democratic voters for wanting their Leave vote upheld:rolleyes:
Well done you for completely missing the (admittedly somewhat garbled and Friday night) point made by @Combat squirrel that the casual attitude to Law-n-Order and respect displayed by our esteemed Leaders with their sense of superiority and entitlement may not be the perfect message.

The names Cummings and Johnson come to mind . . . "Do as I say, not as I do - BAD PLEB!"

Man of Honour
Perhaps this appalling case will teach you to be more proactive in making searches and arrests for everyone's sake.... ?

Wind your neck in. I said nothing about not being proactive in searching or arrests, indeed I'm particularly disciplined in thoroughly searching anyone in my custody, even if they've previously been searched by another officer prior to handover. The fact that cuffing is a use of force isn't changed by this story, indeed it may be completely irrelevant.

I'm probably the polar opposite to you Burnsy. Nearly everybody gets cuffed, unless exceptional circumstances apply. It's never worth the risk, just to keep people "on side" and giving you less aggro.

I'm not surprised by this, London is a rather different place to where I cover. The culture and risk profile is different and therefore the dynamic risk assessment is different. I'm not going to criticise you for cuffing everyone, that may be completely appropriate where you are, but the code of ethics obligates me to use the least force necessary, and sometimes that means that handcuffs aren't justifiable. That doesn't mean I won't use the appropriate force that is necessary though.

Associate
Wind your neck in. I said nothing about not being proactive in searching or arrests, indeed I'm particularly disciplined in thoroughly searching anyone in my custody, even if they've previously been searched by another officer prior to handover. The fact that cuffing is a use of force isn't changed by this story, indeed it may be completely irrelevant.

I'm not surprised by this, London is a rather different place to where I cover. The culture and risk profile is different and therefore the dynamic risk assessment is different. I'm not going to criticise you for cuffing everyone, that may be completely appropriate where you are, but the code of ethics obligates me to use the least force necessary, and sometimes that means that handcuffs aren't justifiable. That doesn't mean I won't use the appropriate force that is necessary though.

That's fair enough buddy, for some reason I thought you were London-based too.

Caporegime
I wonder if the fact that the police having to be law-upholders/mental health nurses/domestic mediators all at the same time is creating a casual risk assessment?

Won't bother questioning why the public doesn't seem to care, but surely there should be an entirely separate organisation dealing with family problems and the mentally disturbed? Like expanding social workers powers/responsibilities or some sort of well-being force that operates between the emergency services, though maybe this is already occurring to some degree and I've not noticed it?

Permabanned
Perhaps someone with no knowledge or experience of policing should cease lecturing those that do?

Well someone needs to tell `em, or they'll all be on their knees or dead soon. It seems another police officer has some agreement with what I posted...This murder is utterly appalling and beyond belief, you find a guy with ammunition on his person, he is of foreign appearance, allegedly known to the terrorist departments, yet he conceals a gun and shoots a police officer dead, inside a police facility, it's beyond incompetent, it's tragically farcical and some people need firing.

Last edited:
Permabanned

"Wind your neck in"? Very professional, I'm sure :) There's absolutely no excuse at all for what happened so don't try and make any. You said handcuffing is an act of aggression, are you sure you are cut out for the job? ;) To be frank from many of your postings you sound a bit of a liberal wet and if push came to shove "Soviet" would be the officer i would choose to have around to sort it, you always come across as looking for excuses for either incompetence or even criminality. We need more "We're Sweeney, shut it" and less sociologists, with their "Let's have a cup of tea and I'll try and understand your actions" on the streets these days I'm sorry to say. So no, as a tax payer appalled by what I am reading, I won't wind my neck in.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Only officers really in my experience. PCSOs and Specials are usually referred to as their titles.
Ok, it's just you referred to them as officers but the article stated the initial search was performed by two special constables so I was wondering if the article was incorrect.

Caporegime
lol.

"Piers Corbyn, brother of former Labour leader Jeremy, and conspiracy theorist David Icke are in attendance"

eugh.

Would have been nice if the BLM lot got the same violent reaction to their "protests".

How do you know the police didn't react the same to violent actions against them at those protests? Sensationalist, selective reporting perhaps? It's even happening right now with these protests, the full story is never told.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom