• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrM

TrM

Associate
Sunday is a working day for most these days.
The longer they give us zero information the more refunds they get so it's in there interest to get information for us. Imo they shouldn't get a day of rest until this **** show is sorted.

it might be a working day for some. but for customer service email suport banks most dont work sundays. heck even supermarkets close early on a sunday never expect anything on a sunday but a very nice roast dinner :)

Associate
As I see it looking through the evidence, a company as large a nvidia new full well about the demand and stock situation. They didnt care about scalpers or bots as there looking for sale percentage against the market.
As for AIB boards manufacturers they just wanted to get there boards out with inflated prices, even knowing they were faulty. OcKUK dont help by slowly putting there prices up on theses cards each week. From 649 to 720 in a week.??
I'm just going to wait, hoping AMD will come up with the goods.

Permabanned
So if all cards are crashing to desktop this means it is better to get card later rather than sooner? After manufactures soet out all the problems, no? Everyone keeps saying that problem is not exclusive to capacitors. What is the problem then, too powerful or too rushed?

TrM

TrM

Associate
So if all cards are crashing to desktop this means it is better to get card later rather than sooner? After manufactures soet out all the problems, no? Everyone keeps saying that problem is not exclusive to capacitors. What is the problem then, too powerful or too rushed?

pick any of what you said and that’s the cause. Most the time these issues are down to drivers though I expect most the major players to have done some good r&d on there products

Soldato
imagine if people cared this much about the global pandemic going on currently, maybe it wouldn't have even turned into a pandemic.

Ha, but it's been a week since launch! A week! And these people aren't getting hourly updates (on what I don't know)! The humanity!

Soldato
Sunday is a working day for most these days.
The longer they give us zero information the more refunds they get so it's in there interest to get information for us. Imo they shouldn't get a day of rest until this **** show is sorted.

Get off it... It’s a god damn GPU not your first born!

What do you want a retailer to work on when it has no stock to send to customers exactly?

It can’t magic GPUs from warehouse lines in Taiwan, or from a container on a boat, or a pallet on a plane...

Stop acting so self-entitled. :o

Associate
As I see it looking through the evidence, a company as large a nvidia new full well about the demand and stock situation. They didnt care about scalpers or bots as there looking for sale percentage against the market.
As for AIB boards manufacturers they just wanted to get there boards out with inflated prices, even knowing they were faulty. OcKUK dont help by slowly putting there prices up on theses cards each week. From 649 to 720 in a week.??
I'm just going to wait, hoping AMD will come up with the goods.

AMD have obviously spooked Nvidia with big navi which is rumoured to be as powerful as the 3080 and with 16GB of GDDR, I don't believe they didn't care about scalpers and bots, because they have done a lot to counter them, they probably just didn't expect to see their use on such a scale. Ampere architechture has been around and in production since March this year it's used on chips other than GPUs, so I don't really buy it that yields are an issue.
I think Nvidia is deliberately holding back chips waiting on the Big Navi launch, and come the end of next month you will see all the backlogs fulfilled and stock miraculously available, plus a 16GB RTX3070 and a 20GB RTX3080 shortly after the AMD launch.

Rup

Rup

Associate
I seriously doubt nvidia are holding back stock, it's not worth the enormous reputational damage they are taking.
Also looking at completed sales on ebay, not that many UK 3080's, so doubt bots/scalpers did that much damage.
Likely to be a GPU/RAM production issue with the enormous demand.

Associate
This whole process has given me the heebie geebies.

All I really want is an update email following the confirmation.

It feels like I've paid a door to door tarmac layer upfront who'll be back in a jiffy with the lads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom