• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Associate
Look OC staff: If you got on my aircraft for a holiday flight and the departure time came and went, then 1 hour, then 2, with no information
you are going to ask "What is going on?" If I then get on the PA system and say "Why are you complaining you`re only going on holiday you
have no right to moan because global warming and famine and..." you guys know full well that you would be far from satisfied. Your customers
want information - even if you tell us that you are also having problems pinning your suppliers down, you should as a business at least have
some idea of estimated deliveries. *end of Sunday rant*

anyway I`m also waiting for a well known phone company to come and dig a hole in my front garden to fix my phone line duct duct so I can finally get full fibre
to my house with super-duper internet speeds.
It never rains...
take care kiddies

Associate
Busy playing TLOU 2. Ive got Control and Horizon Zero Dawn waiting for the 3080 coming

Same really wanted my 3080 mainly for Cyberpunk 2077 got Control on the side for when the card gets here, Also Watch dogs 3 seems like a good game to test the RTX with the 3080 im just hoping i still get a code wuth the order.

Associate
Patients is the name of the game here, just cancel all orders and wait, they'll soon fix the problem when they realize and look at the cancelled orders.
If you purchase something that doesn't do what is says it can do, well that comes under not fit for purpose and miss sold, trading act, RMA them, cancel them and just wait, there sort them soon.
As for OC UK and other retailers putting there prices up is just greed, nothing else, taking advantage of the current world climate (covid).
Sadly i will not be buying an AIB 3080, due to principle and the fact they were rushed and broken, I'm sticking with what I've got.
Its quite sad really, knowing there's genuine honest gamers out there wanting these cards and all these retailers and manufactures do is take the **** out of them.

Soldato
So the video I saw on the tube had all small power filter things and the card in this thread u sent me has all the big ones? Whats the right one?

I think they was review cards.
But there again people with the TUF version have the small ones..

No one knows till you get it.

I have no clue when my Strix OC will come.
But there are 1603 before me :(

Associate
Look OC staff: If you got on my aircraft for a holiday flight and the departure time came and went, then 1 hour, then 2, with no information
you are going to ask "What is going on?" If I then get on the PA system and say "Why are you complaining you`re only going on holiday you
have no right to moan because global warming and famine and..." you guys know full well that you would be far from satisfied. Your customers
want information - even if you tell us that you are also having problems pinning your suppliers down, you should as a business at least have
some idea of estimated deliveries. *end of Sunday rant*
You are probably better off quoting DIRECTIVE 2011/83/EU Consumer Rights Directive on distance contracts.
The CRD sets out the following rules for delayed or non-delivery:
  • You must receive your products within 30 days of buying them (unless you agreed to a different timeframe for delivery)
  • If the products are not delivered within the time agreed, you can ask the seller to deliver the items again by an agreed date
  • If the seller fails to deliver within this additional period, you can cancel the contract and get a refund of all the money you paid without delay

Associate
I honestly feel sorry for some of the people on here. One in particular has bad anxiety and has to get his mom to phone up for him. Don’t know his name.

Overclockers customer base are mainly people that live for this stuff. Then they act all surprised when customers get a little excited.

Give them an idea of when they can expect their card. Like other places have.

The only reason they haven’t is because most will cancel.

Well said.

Also, how much grief are competitors such as S***, A***, B** and N****** getting from customer about the ****** way they’ve handled the 3080 launch ? Almost zero. Because they have set expectations and delivered on those.

Associate
That's absolute BS because it's happening on EVERY card now, regardless of the config of SP-Caps and MLCC's. That's just PR from EVGA because they had zero cards on launch.
There is nothing companies like more than to publicly big themselves up while throwing other companies under the bus. It's really prevalent with gaming companies particularly I think. Every time news comes out that one of them has done something 'bad', several are furiously taking to social media to make themselves look like the good guys.

Associate
This is getting interesting. down the legal road anyone,

As much as it is annoying I’m not sure what legal road you are talking about. It’s not like they are keeping your money hostage with no end date, they said you can have a refund at any point. I think the legal side of things would be more appropriate had they not said you could have a refund.

Associate
I think they was review cards.
But there again people with the TUF version have the small ones..

No one knows till you get it.

I have no clue when my Strix OC will come.
But there are 1603 before me :(

If I can find this post when I get mine I will let u know. Im 1329 in que

Associate
If this is so, why didn’t Gibbo post it? I didn’t order a Gigabyte card, but the chances are if he didn’t post about OC receiving them next week, they likely aren’t receiving them then. Or they are and OC have failed to communicate that. Either way, doesn’t have the best look for OC does it?
This does make sense... hopefully on Monday he has more info. But I think the thing is that the info is not concrete yet, even with the other retailers. Gibbo might just be waiting until we have an actual firm date rather than a guess of sometimes second half of next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom