** NEW SAMSUNG ODYSSEY G7/G9 MONITORS 27-49" AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER **

Associate
I’m astonished tbh. Looking at Reddit though it seems some people are still receiving may builds too. And yep some have the light bleed so it’s not like it was stock held back for further checks it seems.... wouldn’t surprise me if what they are sending out are refurbs.

Associate
Hi guys, been trying to find out whether my G7 is FA01 or FA02 but I can't find it anywhere.

Here's a picture of the numbers where, according to what I read, FA model should be:
SNuRZLR
https://imgur.com/gallery/SNuRZLR
It's on sticker on monitor
https://mega.nz/#!lNt0yCDb!JnVsGocn_VInHGIzLOubQ-wb30albQpdmyj7jO1Rn3Q

Associate
Mine has light bleed in the exact same spot as my last June build. I’m gonna phone Samsung and give them a rollicking. I bet they are just repackaging monitors and sending them out again... I am so so so annoyed! It’s going back Monday.

Associate
Mine has light bleed in the exact same spot as my last June build. I’m gonna phone Samsung and give them a rollicking. I bet they are just repackaging monitors and sending them out again... I am so so so annoyed! It’s going back Monday.
These must be repacks. I'm tempted to put a GPS tracker in the returns box on my next one.

Associate
Yep they definitely are because some of the accessories whilst looking new had yellow masking tape holding the bags closed - thats not standard. Pretty shoddy practise IMHO. Id say the moral here is don't buy from the manufacturer!

Associate
I was gonna go to town on them when i phoned up but they were just "going through the flow chart" and obv couldnt give a monkeys. It took them 30 minutes on the phone to sort it and all i got was a promise of an email containing a collection date... nothing arrived so far. :(

Associate
Mines just arrived (direct from Samsung). It’s an N6..... ie June. No QC sticker but looks like it’s got double clear tape on it...

I’ll check it and report back but I’m not hopeful.

Associate
So, not good. This one will be going back. You can immediately see where the bezel has come away from the top of the left part of the screen - I didn't even have to darken the room to see it...

IMG_1660 by M, on Flickr

Great potential though:

IMG_1659 by M, on Flickr

I've not checked thoroughly for dead/stuck pixels but none are visible at the moment. I haven't seen any flicker but the screen is going back anyway.

Gutted.

Associate
So, not good. This one will be going back. You can immediately see where the bezel has come away from the top of the left part of the screen - I didn't even have to darken the room to see it...
IMG_1660 by M, on Flickr

Great potential though:

IMG_1659 by M, on Flickr

I've not checked thoroughly for dead/stuck pixels but none are visible at the moment. I haven't seen any flicker but the screen is going back anyway.

Gutted.
Was this direct from Samsung? If so let me know how you returned yours. I contacted them for pickup but nothing happening. Awful non uk customer service too.

Associate
Yep they definitely are because some of the accessories whilst looking new had yellow masking tape holding the bags closed - thats not standard. Pretty shoddy practise IMHO. Id say the moral here is don't buy from the manufacturer!

That's really poor, bad luck dude. Mine didn't have any signs of re-packing.

You are THE CHOSEN ONE.

Think I might be lol. No problems so far...waiting to see the random flicker that killed off my last one but so far so good...

Last edited:
Associate
That's really poor, bad luck dude. Mine didn't have any signs of re-packing.

Think I might be lol. No problems so far...waiting to see the random flicker that killed off my last one but so far so good...

Fingers crossed for you. This is the first time I've experienced an ultrawide and its absolutely superb (apart from the issues of course). At least its cemented the fact that this is the right monitor for me. Hopefully I'll get a decent replacement (if they have stock!).

Associate
Here's my setup as it stands- need to sort out the cables, haven't put the cable cover on the back of monitor yet, wanted to see if it worked lol

50389512283_9e17c5b705_k_d.jpg

50389512238_136b213fee_k_d.jpg

Back
Top Bottom