Declining attitude to law and order

Status
Not open for further replies.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
"Wind your neck in"? Very professional, I'm sure :) There's absolutely no excuse at all for what happened so don't try and make any. You said handcuffing is an act of aggression, are you sure you are cut out for the job? ;) To be frank from many of your postings you sound a bit of a liberal wet and if push came to shove "Soviet" would be the officer i would choose to have around to sort it, you always come across as looking for excuses for either incompetence or even criminality. We need more "We're Sweeney, shut it" and less sociologists, with their "Let's have a cup of tea and I'll try and understand your actions" on the streets these days I'm sorry to say. So no, as a tax payer appalled by what I am reading, I won't wind my neck in.
Said by someone so far removed from any police interaction it's laughable.

Soldato
And the reporting was totally different despite more police being injured during those protests. I dont remember the resident OCUK extreme left posting about every little bit of violence during the BLM protests either.

I guess there was no point when the resident OCUK extreme right were already doing it

Soldato
If you aren’t aware of what was being discussed it was back around pages 55-60 @deuse was telling us how she was a criminal and was going to jail. Seems he was wrong... again. Now she’ll be set for life when she sues the city because the police lied.

Wrong again on all counts.

The DA decided not to prosecute.
That does not mean she is innocent.

She can try to sue the state(which would be silly) as then the DA would then bring charges against her.
You really should live in a place before sprouting rubbish.

Was it you that was supposed to go to CA this year on a bike?

Soldato
Wrong again on all counts.

The DA decided not to prosecute.
That does not mean she is innocent.

She can try to sue the state(which would be silly) as then the DA would then bring charges against her.
You really should live in a place before sprouting rubbish.

Was it you that was supposed to go to CA this year on a bike?

haha you are ridiculous. DA deciding not to prosecute because the story from the police officers doesn’t match the facts. Doubt he could get a Grand Jury to indict. So she is innocent, that’s how it works. Innocent until proven guilty. Just admit you were wrong, you told us all, insisted she had broken the law and was going to jail. Wrong again. Wrong on Russia collusion, wrong on Durham, wrong on Senate Ukraine/Biden.

I was going to Luguna Seca for 3 trackdays on my bike for my 50th in November but there is a global pandemic and the whole trip has been cancelled. No one is going to the US anytime soon.

Soldato
Post fail there, should've said: Based on 7 seconds of edited footage?

Ok.

Why are you saying its edited footage?

There is other videos from different angles online.

The police guy punched her in the stomach then pushed her backwards to the ground.

If someone is intimidated by an old woman they shouldn't be in the force.

Soldato
Ok.

Because it's been trimmed down to show the bit the person posting it wants everyone to see.

The police guy punched her in the stomach then pushed her backwards to the ground.

The other videos also show that she's not particularly old given she was able to keep her balance on a folding camping chair and is more aggressive with her stick than the edited clip above suggests.

Not defending any actions either way here, by the way, but sharing trimmed footage and calling for sackings is incredibly premature.

Man of Honour
There's absolutely no excuse at all for what happened so don't try and make any.
There's nothing I've written to suggest I'm making excuses for what's happened that suggestion is just offensive. A custody officer being killed is nothing short of a complete tragedy. These may be just people on the news to you, but they are my colleagues. I don't know what happened to make this possible and I'm not going to speculate and blame officers for not searching properly when I don't know the whole story.

You said handcuffing is an act of aggression, are you sure you are cut out for the job? ;)

No, that's not what I've said. I said that handcuffing is a use of force, which is true and part of the training that all police officers receive. Any use of force needs to be justified and necessary which is a core part of the Police Code of Ethics.

To be frank from many of your postings you sound a bit of a liberal wet and if push came to shove "Soviet" would be the officer i would choose to have around to sort it, you always come across as looking for excuses for either incompetence or even criminality. We need more "We're Sweeney, shut it" and less sociologists, with their "Let's have a cup of tea and I'll try and understand your actions" on the streets these days I'm sorry to say. So no, as a tax payer appalled by what I am reading, I won't wind my neck in.

Oh I love the "as a taxpayer" part, makes the whole stereotype complete, is if it means your opinion actually holds any weight.

Soldato
Because it's been trimmed down to show the bit the person posting it wants everyone to see.

The other videos also show that she's not particularly old given she was able to keep her balance on a folding camping chair and is more aggressive with her stick than the edited clip above suggests.

Not defending any actions either way here, by the way, but sharing trimmed footage and calling for sackings is incredibly premature.

I went looking for the video you're talking about. I think it makes the police look worse.

I agree she looks younger in this video.. maybe in her 40s or 50s.

She's standing on a chair, dancing and shouting. A bunch of police officers are walking near her.

One police officer goes up behind the chair and pulls it backwards, making her fall off it forwards in to the police officers at the front (who wasn't expecting it as he was turned the other way, so he probably thought she'd jumped on him).

She manages to land on her feet away from the officers. When she goes back to the officers to complain, an officer pushes her backwards (towards the camera). Then because shes using to stick to gesture another officer reaches out to grab the stick, and a tug of war happens. The woman gets pulled in to a group of officers as others have joined the original officer on pulling the stick.. then an officer near to the woman, grabs her side on, appears to punch her in the stomach, then pushes her backwards so she falls backwards flat on the ground.

I would put the video up but the guy filming is swearing.

It would be interesting to know if the woman was arrested after this.

Man of Honour
Ok.

I was intimidated by an old dear a few years back but she was trying to swipe me with a 10 inch kitchen knife at the time. Just a quick sidenote for you.

Back to the video clip - prior to her being struck and prior to 7 seconds of footage certain media outlets prefer over the build up to it , what was she doing or grabbing onto ? A cop ? A cop's utility belt ? Trying to get a cop's face mask off ?

Also, what was an ' old woman ' doing amongst a squad of PSU cops ? These are questions I'd certainly want to know answers to before criticising although baseless accusations of arbitrary police brutality are quite the fashion these days by those who haven't faced a violent situation in all of their born days.

Have a look at this .....

https://www.app.college.police.uk/app-content/national-decision-model/the-national-decision-model/

Take all the time you need to learn that because the cops need to know it and they often have a split second to make a decision, apply force, and justify their actions based on it and, contrary to the anti police bovine waste the media feeds the populace, that cop and others are accountable for their actions.

Stick to gesture ? Potential weapon ?Just gesturing ? You sure ? ....... NDM spinning like Billy the Kid's six shooter if you are actually facing it and have to make a decision and add to that mix a crowd of gathering anger and hostility.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom