Declining attitude to law and order

Status
Not open for further replies.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
@Von Smallhausen - I think we touched on the training of PCSO's and their negative impact on our territorial forces in another thread.

On the topic of Sgt Ratana's unfortunate incident-

I know Special Constables are generally recruited alongside PCSO's during enrolment drives, and I know they're volunteers given powers on par with an officer yet generally have other jobs inferring less commitment, but I'm not too aware on the training received by Special Constables compared with PCSO's. Do you think they're also a detriment to our forces?

Would the probability of missing a gun after finding ammunition on a suspect smoking marijuana be less if the initial encounter was with a single Police Officer instead of 2 volunteers?

If the two Special Constables had better training, and I'm not simply referring the technical search ability, do you think this may have been avoided?

Last edited:
Soldato
I went looking for the video you're talking about. I think it makes the police look worse.

I agree she looks younger in this video.. maybe in her 40s or 50s.

She's standing on a chair, dancing and shouting. A bunch of police officers are walking near her.

One police officer goes up behind the chair and pulls it backwards, making her fall off it forwards in to the police officers at the front (who wasn't expecting it as he was turned the other way, so he probably thought she'd jumped on him).

She manages to land on her feet away from the officers. When she goes back to the officers to complain, an officer pushes her backwards (towards the camera). Then because shes using to stick to gesture another officer reaches out to grab the stick, and a tug of war happens. The woman gets pulled in to a group of officers as others have joined the original officer on pulling the stick.. then an officer near to the woman, grabs her side on, appears to punch her in the stomach, then pushes her backwards so she falls backwards flat on the ground.

I would put the video up but the guy filming is swearing.

It would be interesting to know if the woman was arrested after this.

Interestingly there's another video of her here:
https://twitter.com/MDeLaBroc1/status/1309896227039870979

Very unfortunate that she just happens to keep barging into police officers in a public order situation and getting dealt with accordingly.

Also I hope the male in the blue jacket handed those cuffs back that he cut through the crowd to pick up.

Soldato
Can you share the video ID?

If you look up the twitter account Anna Brees (shes an ex BBC and ITV reporter), and scroll down to 12 hours ago, the post as words and a video. The words in the post are "Full footage of the lady in green. Some interesting comments on Facebook about this incident".

I was intimidated by an old dear a few years back but she was trying to swipe me with a 10 inch kitchen knife at the time. Just a quick sidenote for you.

Back to the video clip - prior to her being struck and prior to 7 seconds of footage certain media outlets prefer over the build up to it , what was she doing or grabbing onto ? A cop ? A cop's utility belt ? Trying to get a cop's face mask off ?

Also, what was an ' old woman ' doing amongst a squad of PSU cops ? These are questions I'd certainly want to know answers to before criticising although baseless accusations of arbitrary police brutality are quite the fashion these days by those who haven't faced a violent situation in all of their born days.

Have a look at this .....

https://www.app.college.police.uk/app-content/national-decision-model/the-national-decision-model/

Take all the time you need to learn that because the cops need to know it and they often have a split second to make a decision, apply force, and justify their actions based on it and, contrary to the anti police bovine waste the media feeds the populace, that cop and others are accountable for their actions.

Stick to gesture ? Potential weapon ?Just gesturing ? You sure ? ....... NDM spinning like Billy the Kid's six shooter if you are actually facing it and have to make a decision and add to that mix a crowd of gathering anger and hostility.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I'm not getting in to the whole them vs us debate, as despite what you might think I'm not anti-Police.

Just lets not go down the American line of defending or not calling out bad behaviour when we see it.

I would urge you to look up the footage and give your opinion on the matter if you feel my post wasn't fair.

Man of Honour
I will defend the cops when they are defendable and
I will also call out bad behaviour but I won't do it without all of the facts. A cop's job is hard enough without drumhead trials by media and the current trend of being outraged by proxy.

You have the right to post as you see fit but try seeing it from both sides.

Soldato
I will defend the cops when they are defendable and
I will also call out bad behaviour but I won't do it without all of the facts. A cop's job is hard enough without drumhead trials by media and the current trend of being outraged by proxy.

You have the right to post as you see fit but try seeing it from both sides.
Quite, there will be idiotic and dangerous things going on all around but every camera phone will be trained on the police who are trying to maintain order and people's safety in highly charged situations.

Soldato
Interestingly there's another video of her here:
https://twitter.com/MDeLaBroc1/status/1309896227039870979

Very unfortunate that she just happens to keep barging into police officers in a public order situation and getting dealt with accordingly.

Also I hope the male in the blue jacket handed those cuffs back that he cut through the crowd to pick up.

Nothing to see here, another idiot trying to fight with police and surprised when she gets shoved to the ground. Then the morons on twitter cut a video and try make her seem like some old defenseless lady was punched by police. Yeah these police told me to stand back, so i'm gonna run into them. Great idea. Also he barely shoved her..... that screaming was way over the top.

LOOOOOOOOOL.

Soldato
What facts? Selective, narrow media windows meant to sensationalise events?

You can't base opinions off of that unless you want to believe it.

Well you saw on video the police running away from the blm protesters\terrorists
And the video shows a police officer punching a white women..

Facts

I do know you lot lot live by feelings, emotions, rainbows, unicorns and entitlements.

Soldato
Well you saw on video the police running away from the blm protesters\terrorists

Facts

I do know you lot lot live by feelings, emotions, rainbows, unicorns and entitlements.

a005e52691e386f6f5217c379bafdf5c.jpeg

Caporegime

Facts

Contextually narrow events may well be factual (she was definitely punched), but the totality of information available to you is minimal. With the limited imagery available, you've no idea what the motivations of the police or the individual protesters are at any given time, no idea if there was reasonable cause prior to an incident that looks otherwise unreasonable... so many facets of events are left to the imagination and whatever bias someone may have. This is why we have courts.

If you have a big peaceful protest, that's rather boring, but that one protester punching a police officer? All of a sudden you can make the rest of protest look violent with a single image or very short video.

The shorter the period of time, the less information there is that you're able to produce an opinion of and that's the point.

Last edited:
Soldato
Contextually narrow events are not facts.

If you have a big peaceful protest, that's rather boring, but that one protester punching a police officer? All of a sudden you can make the rest of protest look violent with a single image or very short video.

I know you don't like facts....so I will leave it there..

NVP

NVP

Soldato
I'm afraid I'm having to agree with @deuse on this one. God help us all!

The police in the UK have always been a bit heavy handed (respectively for our country) during unpeacful protests.

After the chaos that erupted in America due to abuse by the police, do you really think the UK police didn't soften themselves when dealing with the BLM protests?

Soldato
But the facts back me up.
You do remember the riot police and horses at the BLM protest right?

You are putting different police situations as equal.

Do you really want another ass whopping?
What does this mean, have you made up situations in your head or something?
I'm afraid I'm having to agree with @deuse on this one. God help us all!
But it was different situations with different police. Those ones were crowd control and dressed for such. The others that got charged were not.

Caporegime
I know you don't like facts....so I will leave it there..

You can project upon me your own misgivings all you wish. I'm not disagreeing with the issue that an officer has potentially acted unreasonably, the only thing i'm disagreeing with is basing it upon sensationalist, contextually exploitative imagery looking precisely to get a reaction out of people for political gain.

You can't have it both ways, where you trust the media when it is convenient and don't trust it when it is not. Lambasting a political group that you don't agree with based on sensationalist, narrow imagery and defending a political group that you believe is being harassed based on the same sensationalist, narrow imagery.

The fact is that the media is untrustworthy and social media is even worse.

The police can't seem to catch a break, what a sordid job.

Last edited:

NVP

NVP

Soldato
You do remember the riot police and horses at the BLM protest right?
Do you recall the only injury that occurred then was when a police horse had lost it's policeman?

Those lawyers simply wanted TV time and to exploit the emotions of anyone to further their careers. I'm pretty sure their case went no where.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom