BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
Good choice :D

Does your car have the ID7 system or the ID6 one? The app should be installed in the app store, mine took a few hours to download and enable and I got the Carplay and Android auto apps both appear.

I assume you signed up for connected drive online and created an account?

Thanks!

It has ID7 although Android Auto is not shown in the App section of ID7. I don't see Apple Car Play in there either.

Just subscribed to remote services for £12 / year and I was able to enable it, so that's sorted now.

Man of Honour
So did mine, but my dad's 2018 630d hasn't got it and it asks for payment, much like GSDog has experienced.

Was yours pre reg? Perhaps someone activated it?

Associate
Thanks!

It has ID7 although Android Auto is not shown in the App section of ID7. I don't see Apple Car Play in there either.

Just subscribed to remote services for £12 / year and I was able to enable it, so that's sorted now.

Android Auto was only released during the 07.2020 update. Also depends on the phone, as only a couple of phones 'officially support it' until android 11.

Both my F20 and G20 both came with remote services FOC.

Man of Honour
It is on all F Series iirc. It's G series when they started to fiddle about with what's included and what isn't. My dad's G32 doesn't have remote services without payment, but has 3 years of everything else.

Associate
It is on all F Series iirc. It's G series when they started to fiddle about with what's included and what isn't. My dad's G32 doesn't have remote services without payment, but has 3 years of everything else.

Interesting but not surprising with BMW and all their subscriptions nowadays.

Mine is all included under the Connected Package Professional which is booked for 3 years.

Soldato
Thanks!

This is how the App section looks on my car

If i go to the BMW store it lists everything, apart from Wifi Hotspot, as being booked.

Soldato
Thanks for the replies.

The dealer assured me that it would have Android Auto as the build date was middle of August.

It has still not appeared anywhere in my apps, I will grab a photo tomorrow.

It goes in for its 1,200 mile running in service in two weeks so if it doesn't appear by then I'll ask them to look into it! I can't see Apple Play either...

Soldato
Thanks for the replies.

The dealer assured me that it would have Android Auto as the build date was middle of August.

It has still not appeared anywhere in my apps, I will grab a photo tomorrow.

It goes in for its 1,200 mile running in service in two weeks so if it doesn't appear by then I'll ask them to look into it! I can't see Apple Play either...

Ask the dealer to check that its be applied to the car, as mine said that there were some posts on their internal forum that suggested some cars hadn't had the enable flag set from the factory so they had to push it from their systems. Its an over the air update so should appear, just took a couple of hours.

Soldato
I've seen a 2013 328i GT in the 'Modern' guise with alright mileage on it. It's up at Blackpool BMW for just under £13k it looks in good condition and its about the right size car for me to get the golf clubs and dog in the boot and kids in the back. Spec wise it looks good, a lot better than my very old x-trail (no surprise there). Parkers gives them a good review just wondering if anyone had anyfirst hand experience with them on here? The nav is a bit crap and i'm not sure if you can update them by either replacing or updating the maps, quick google talks about the new cars not the older ones. I get around mid 20's mpg out of my x-trail so i'm hoping this will get a bit more with it being newer/lighter and a lot more efficient. TIA

Associate
Sold my M140i to WBAC today.. mixed emotions really as I came to love the car but I just couldn't justify it sitting in the driveway much longer (WFH from March and for the forseeable).

I think I will see what the lay of the land is next year, if WFH becomes the norm then it might be time for something special just for weekends..

Associate
:D

It's 'just' a 1 series with a superb engine at the end of the day.. sadly seeing quite a few bastardised versions on the road recently too.. lowered, awful spoilers, M stripes on the grill.. *shudder*.

Soldato
Sold my M140i to WBAC today.. mixed emotions really as I came to love the car but I just couldn't justify it sitting in the driveway much longer (WFH from March and for the forseeable).

I know what you mean. I sold mine last year as I felt I wasn't using it enough to justify the huge deprecation curve. Capable machine, I did enjoy owning it, but not quite practical enough for daily use with a family (not that I have one), but not quite special enough for the weekend either.

I think I will see what the lay of the land is next year, if WFH becomes the norm then it might be time for something special just for weekends..

100% this. My partner is looking for a newer, more practical car soon, and is more than happy for me to go for a toy car for the fun aspect, so our garage will likely look very different next year.

It's 'just' a 1 series with a superb engine at the end of the day.. sadly seeing quite a few bastardised versions on the road recently too.. lowered, awful spoilers, M stripes on the grill.. *shudder*.

Ha, I believe a certain group that follow Mr Achilles/BabyBMW are somewhat to blame for this. Sadly, they will become the boy racers car of choice shortly, if not already, and I think it'll be the first time in history where recently passed drivers will have the "ability" to afford a hot hatch that can get to 60 in less than 5s, and realise that not all of them have the experience/skill to handle it.

Back
Top Bottom