Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [25th-28th Sep 2020]

Man of Honour
I am going to make a wild prediction that due to the new handball rules, the lack of crowds (less pressure from crowds so strikers are calmer in front of goals), there will not be a single 0-0 this season.
I think the lack of crowds might reduce home advantage a bit so don't be afraid of backing away wins.

Caporegime
No, it doesn't matter whether it stops an attack if it's accidental. It has to be classed as intentional for it to be a foul.

So if a defender is on the line with his arms down by his side and accidentally blocks a shot then it's not a handball even though he's blatantly prevented a goal? how come when it comes to handball people want decisions to be subjective with some common sense applied but when I argue that having your toe 1mm offside should be allowed on the grounds that it makes virtually no difference to the play people come at me with "offside is offside, facts are facts". Can we have an accidentally offside rule? players don't mean to be offside.

Don
Answering your first question, if the players arms are down by their side then it shouldn't be a penalty although you'll be given far less leeway in circumstances like that. The second part of your post makes absolutely no sense though. Whether something is a handball or any other type of foul is completely subjective, whether somebody is in an offside position is not. You're either in an offside position or an onside position, there's no opinion, no grey area. That's why 1mm offside is offside and 1mm onside is onside.

Soldato
Looks like Thiago and Alisson both fit to start tonight. Gini,Thiago and Keita is my shout but it wouldnt surprise me if plays Jones. Keep Fab at cb

Last edited:
Soldato
Minamino is benched, he has been better than bobby in last few games and imo has earnt right to start in a bit game.

Gutted he has been over looked again

Back
Top Bottom