• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

LG OLD NO G-SYNC AT 4K 120HZ

Associate
3080 here - not getting flickering, but I am getting artefacts when I'm at 4K 120Hz and a lot is being displayed, so not so much on a static desktop screen but during games.

Are you able to display 1440p 120Hz? That's where things really crap out for me.

Feels like the issue here is that it's struggling with anything approaching the HDMI 2.1 spec?

Yeah, seems ok at 1440p 120Hz & 8 Bit Colour.

It's when I switch to 2160p 120Hz & 8bit when the issues crop up. Flickering, occasional black bar and artefacts etc. Pretty sure the cable is good, ordered that yesterday from Amazon. Hopefully LG push the update out early next week as I can't use the monitor as it stands.

Soldato
3080 here - not getting flickering, but I am getting artefacts when I'm at 4K 120Hz and a lot is being displayed, so not so much on a static desktop screen but during games.

Are you able to display 1440p 120Hz? That's where things really crap out for me.

Feels like the issue here is that it's struggling with anything approaching the HDMI 2.1 spec?

Do you have a decent 2.1 cable?

Associate
OP
AV Forums are saying that you can now phone customer services and they can send your tv the required update via the power of the internet. Apparently it fixes G-sync at 4k 120hz and 1440p 120hz. Apparently being able to switch to 10bit or 12 bit colour fixes some of the colour banding issues. This second point seems to be a source of some argument though around if 444 is being properly displayed.

Soldato
AV Forums are saying that you can now phone customer services and they can send your tv the required update via the power of the internet. Apparently it fixes G-sync at 4k 120hz and 1440p 120hz. Apparently being able to switch to 10bit or 12 bit colour fixes some of the colour banding issues. This second point seems to be a source of some argument though around if 444 is being properly displayed.

Nope.

LG told me via chat that they ain't giving it out and you have to wait until the end of November to get the OTA firmware rollout (C9).

I forced it myself using the engineer mode and have been using 4K@120Hz 4:4:4 HDR for a good few days now.

Associate
OP
Nope.

LG told me via chat that they ain't giving it out and you have to wait until the end of November to get the OTA firmware rollout (C9).

I forced it myself using the engineer mode and have been using 4K@120Hz 4:4:4 HDR for a good few days now.

Thats disappointing for the UK. They are sending it out in other regions and it may change for the UK. I contacted LG this morning and I can confirm what you said is correct that its still not getting given out here. I jumped the gun on seeing other regions getting LG to push it via internet to specific users.

Software version 03.11.10 installed today and flicker issue is still there @120Hz.

There is a number of users reporting issues and needing to disable Live Plus, Pixel Shift and Logo Luminance. This may assist? Apparently its fixed on the C9 in a new firmware in the US region.

Associate
I did the engineer update today and its now working fine 3090 120hz 4k hdr on my OLED55B9PLA, prior to this I had black bar and inference issues with gysync, 120hrz and hdr.
Incidently I am using the 2m hdmi cable from my xbox one x with no issues

Note I bought a engineer remote from amazon for a tenner
Version below

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Nothing for the C9 on the LG site. That’s the model I have. Glad to hear it’s up for the CX though.

Still waiting on my 3080 and think I’ll be till mid-November. As such I’ll hold tight for the C9 release on the website or buy a service remote if my Zotac Amp Extreme comes first!!

pleased to hear it’s working though!

Back
Top Bottom