Favourite & recommended Tech YouTubers?

Associate
Hi, I've just recently been getting into watching some of the tech guys on YouTube. Some of them are very good and I've learnt a lot. YouTube seems a great medium for explaining and demonstrating tech.

I would like to hear from the forum if there specific YouTubers you like or would recommend.

Associate
There are loads. Some personal favourites are Gamers Nexus, Jaystwocents and OC3D. Linus is another big one but I find him annoying

Man of Honour
Buildzoid. His rambles are ideal for insomniacs.

I like TechYesCity for his used parts hunt videos.

At least with Buildzoid I almost always learn something - even if a lot of it is rambling.

The only one I bother with is Gamers Nexus and even then I'm starting to dislike the direction they are going at the moment - but they still make some solid videos between the ones that are a bit sillier and they tend to double check their information most of the time and/or correct it.

Soldato
It really depends on what you're looking for, out of the major channels most are flawed in some respect I find.

Gamers Nexus do a really good job but I find them hideously boring at times and get the distinct impression that Steve enjoys sniffing his own backside.

Jayz is entertaining in some respects but he's a bit sloppy and can be biased.

LTT can be fantastic or garbage from video to video, funnily enough I often skip videos featuring actual Linus but will immediately watch anything with Anthony Young.

Hardware Unboxed is generally very solid but I find their videos a bit hit and miss.

Generally speaking I'd rather read through an article than listen to people waffle on for 20 minutes about a subject, the exceptions being if I'm working or doing jobs around the house where I'll have things playing in the background.

Last edited:
Associate
For some older tech Youtubers I like The 8 Bit Guy, LGR, ModernVintageGamer, TheNostalgiaNerd and many others I can't remember their exact channel names.

I also find Steve from Gamers Nexus to have an unenjoyable speaking style, at least Linus and Jayz 2 Cents have some entertaining elements to their voices even if can get a bit old sometimes.

Also I like Marcus Brownlee as a modern tech guy, I think that's the name of his channel, also PartsUnknown based in China, think that's the right name.

Back
Top Bottom