Smartwatch Thread (news/apps/updates)

Soldato
I'm thinking same. Wife has an apple 5, but hasn't really used it being stuck at home. I keep saying I am going to get one, but she keeps telling me I won't use it, or I don't need it. I'm also asking myself what I need one for?

I have several mechanical watches which I always wear if I go out, just to tell the time.
At least you wear a watch, ive not had a watch on continuously in years.

Associate
Tbh i never used to wear a watch. at the time there was hype about the moto 360 so i got that. It was really nice to look at but i just used it for time keeping. the flat tyre look annoyed me so i eventually sold it. Forward a while a new watch caught my eye. the 46mm galaxy watch lte. Had that watch and all i could say is wow. it was so useful. it was good to make calls on ect showed notifications ect ect any how i then went from that to the galaxy active 2 44 lte and loving it. my wife had a look at it and even she wanted one, so i got her the Samsung galaxy active 40mm she loves it also. we never go anywhere without them now. (especially good if you work in a environment where your not allowed to carry phones about with you.

Soldato
Currently got the Fossil Sport and despite what people say about wear OS I actually really like the watch, thinking if getting a gen 5 next.
As long as it has 1gb of RAM WearOS is completely fine. Older/cheaper watches with 0.5gb just struggle.

I've been using the GW3 for a good while now and overall Tizen has its plus points but there are some WearOS features I do miss, such as the wrist gestures to move around. And the recommended replies on the watch is vastly different than what the phone and WearOS recommends, most of the time not even relevant. Overall for my use it's still a good watch but in a few years time I'll most likely move back to WearOS.

Associate
I still think its very strange in this day and age that there is still no whats app messenger app or Facebook messenger type apps on tizen. they have to be one of the most used chatting apps out there, yes you can reply once you have been sent a message, but that is it. sucks tbh my only complaint about Samsung smart watches.

Soldato
Just decided to keep my current phone and dropped my monthly contract from £45 to £15 a month and I'm tempted to grab a Galaxy Watch 3. Just wanted to see what those who have the watch think of the Galaxy Watch 3?

Soldato
I've just upgraded my 3 year old Frontier watch to the 45mm watch 3.
Have to say I'm liking it, thinner, lighter more storage & memory. Certainly feels quicker when using it & just a better all round watch.
Battery seems good, 3 days into it's first charge & sat at 35%
Sure that will improve once it settles down.

Samsung offered me £50 for my frontier as trade in.

Soldato
Just had a post "Disapproved" on the Mobvoi forums :D

The new Ticwatch Pro 3 has the dd/mm backwards on the essential display for the UK market, it was asked if it can be fixed...

One of the moderators replied that it would be passed on to the engineers & fixed in an update...

I pointed out that is what he'd posted about exactly the same issue on the original Ticwatch Pro 12 months ago with no fix yet

Post was not approved :D

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Just picked up an Apple Watch series 5 refurb. Went with the 40mm as I don't have large wrists. Absolutely loving this thing.

DSCF9078.jpg

Soldato
Huawei currently have some pretty decent savings on their watches at the mo.
Very tempted to get the Watch GT 2 for £120...have had the original Watch GT for the last few years (freebie with the Mate 20 Pro) and it's been a solid fitness tracker though very basic as a smart watch.
The GT 2 has on device music playback which was the one thing I missed so seems a good bet for £120

Associate
Went through a lot of hassle when I bought my wife a Versa a couple of years ago that just wouldn't work with her Huawei P20 Lite.

Can I just check if anybody has had any issues with the new Versa 3 and an Honor 10 phone. I don't think I can go through that again

Associate
This is getting painful now. I managed to confirm that people had the Honor 10 working successfully with the Versa 2 (changed from a Versa 3). Bought the Versa 2 and now the sodding Honor 10 has packed in.

Can anybody recommend a £200 mid range Android that they have managed to get working with a Versa 2. If you go on the Fitbit forums a mod jumps in straight away and points you to the list of approved phones, all of which are quite old. I have a Poco X3 at the moment and that would be the sort pf phone I'm looking at, but I've read elsewhere that there are issues with the Versa 2.

Any help much appreciated

Back
Top Bottom