• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
There is no pleasing some people. Some people are having discussions about how easy it would be to code a queue calculator, other people are pcb design experts and others want daily updates. It came out on the 17th, it sold out and they have said many times they will give an update on a specific thread as soon as it’s available. I had an evga order but as they haven’t even officially released it I cancelled the order. I snagged a palit one anyway. Even if I didn’t have it, it would have just been a case of waiting. I waited 8 weeks for my 1080ti and it came as soon as it was in stock. Ordered a new keyboard from OC yesterday and it arrived this morning on a Sunday. Can’t complain at all.

Well said dave!

Yeah I had a 3 week wait for my zotac amp extreme 1080ti after preordering

Sometimes its just how it is

If gibbo has any news he will tell us ..... if he don't he won't its that simple

I dont understand why some people find that hard to digest

If you don't like it guys cancel and ill happily move up a slot wile I wait patiently for my card (unless I manage to snag a founders in the mean time because I like the design)

Associate
If you set up a reply thread due to demand, then fail to update that thread for days, even if its to say there is no update, its poor!

Look at it this way. No update is in itself an update. It means they haven't got anything new to tell you.

Its like setting an alarm for 6pm and expecting it to go off every hour saying its not 6pm yet, its not 6pm yet, its not 6pm yet. I'd rather it just tell me when its 6pm.

Associate
Look at it this way. No update is in itself an update. It means they haven't got anything new to tell you.

Its like setting an alarm for 6pm and expecting it to go off every hour saying its not 6pm yet, its not 6pm yet, its not 6pm yet. I'd rather it just tell me when its 6pm.
that is such a good analogy, i'm gonna throw my phone at the wall because it's not doing so.

Soldato
I genuinely don't understand the eagerness expressed here by some to make them stop taking preorders. The way I see it is is that they will eventually be able to ship the order, and thats what I signed up for when I ordered (even though it said 23rd Sept at the time, I knew that was really unlikely). For me, that's better than having to constantly look for stock somewhere. And if someone isn't happy waiting, all they need to do is request the refund and they'll have that money back in short order. So what's the big deal here?

(And if they did stop taking preorders, the complaints would be coming from people who can't preorder and would like to join the very same queue ...)

Its daft, no-one is forcing anyone to pre-order so do it or don't, your choice. Its like blaming someone else for your inability to stop yourself from hitting the order button...

It reminds me of kids on a car journey:

"Are we there yet?"
"No."
"Are we there yet?"
"No!"
"Are we there yet?"
"NO!"

When theres news you'll be told otherwise assume nothings changed.

Last edited:
Associate
My next question now is, regarding MSI X Trio 3080, will I/WE who ordered between 2-3pm get the one with the original set of POscaps and MLCC, or will we be getting the new revised edition which is 6 by 2 as per the FE spec.

Associate
My next question now is, regarding MSI X Trio 3080, will I/WE who ordered between 2-3pm get the one with the original set of POscaps and MLCC, or will we be getting the new revised edition which is 6 by 2 as per the FE spec.

Given the high demand im skeptical that they will hold back on shipping cards with the original capacitor set up. Nvidia might try to deal with the problem with a driver update, this would not bode well for anyone wanting to OC their card though. We will have to wait to see what MSI and other board partners say.

Associate
Given the high demand im skeptical that they will hold back on shipping cards with the original capacitor set up. Nvidia might try to deal with the problem with a driver update, this would not bode well for anyone wanting to OC their card though. We will have to wait to see what MSI and other board partners say.

Well mine will be sent straight back if it's the original capacitor setup, especially as this is the premium version of the card, and the least we deserve is required spec.

Associate
Well mine will be sent straight back if it's the original capacitor setup, especially as this is the premium version of the card, and the least we deserve is required spec.

Nvidia are squarely to blame
All the board partners will have been given a spec, which clearly must have been 6 x SP caps minimum

When you give people minimum specs you can't expect them to not just go with the bare minimum

Plus Nvidia would have had to approve every board design, so again their fault

I'm interested to see someone put a scope onto these to find out some further information

Associate
I've said this already to someone who said Nvidia aren't to blame and it's the AIB's.
I had to explain how it all works, with sending to AIB from nvidia and the minimum spec required to power and run the chip and so on.
So I know full well it's Nvidias fault, moreso than the AIBs, as they can only go by what Nvidia sends them on the spec sheets, and clearly it wasn't enough, if it wasn't so rushed, Nvidia could've done proper in house testing to get these kind of things ironed out.

Associate
Spoke to someone from Palit a little while ago
Their next shipment to UK will be sent early in October, was unable to find out about any numbers

Trying to also figure out what capacitors are on the Gamerock 3080 that will be out later in October

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom