This Instant And Moment - 2020!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Noticed a slug has been living on my balcony, it has tiles on there over the concrete for some stupid reason, I suspect it's living under them in a gap the rain and ice will have created over the years :/

I had some really old coffee in my fridge so I stuck the whole lot in a cafetière and made the strongest litre of coffee known to man, went outside and used a small plastic trowel to scrape up all the moss and dirt and then poured coffee everywhere.

apparently caffeine is toxic for them and they will instantly turn away from so hopefully its dead or decides to never come back.
I guess the snail that's been living in the drainpipe will now decide to find a better home as well, no coffee ran down the pipe so he should be safe

Consigliere
Another week, another interview \o/

First stage tomorrow face to face after a chat on the phone...one question was about my approach to re starting my career/stepping down to junior and being around younger people. Doesn't phrase me at all!

She said i sounded so happy/positive...unsure how i haven't lost my mind yet. :o 9 months of unemployment...when i have been working my whole life. Bizaare but used to it.

Permabanned
Sad news today, following on from the cat discussion the cat had to be put down in the last hour.

It had Leukaemia and wasn't expected to live much longer. This is why it was so small. I will post a photo of it in the kittens thread shortly once I get a moment. :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Soldato
Managed to prove the Dr. Google memes correct by Googling a (seemingly innocuous) medical issue I have and managed to find a story about a woman with the same issue who turned out to have a rare cancer and was given 12 months to live.

It always says cancer whenever I Google anything!

Caporegime
Managed to prove the Dr. Google memes correct by Googling a (seemingly innocuous) medical issue I have and managed to find a story about a woman with the same issue who turned out to have a rare cancer and was given 12 months to live.

It always says cancer whenever I Google anything!

Dibs on your stuff. :p

Soldato
Put 2 bids on coats on eBay. Had my 2 coats for long enough now, time for a refresh.

Got my eyes on a Ma Strum pullover jacket and Triple Fat Goose bomber jacket with a hood. Fingers crossed I get 'em both!

Caporegime
Had a bit of a mare yesterday... I was sitting at my PC and I took an unintentionally large gulp of coffee, and in a split second it went down the wrong hole and then somehow ended up in my sinusses and I sprayed it everywhere... It was like a nuclear test at sea...

It went all over my screen, my computer, the wall, my posters and poster frames, and everything on my desk including my keyboard which pretty much got filled with coffee...

After cleaning everything off I rinsed the keyboard out under the tap and put it in the airing cupboard overnight... This has cured it in the past when I have spilled things over it!

This time it didn't work so I had to tear it open and clean the PCB with isopropyl alcohol and a medium bristled brush, then rinse with DI water, and left it to dry for a few hours... That fixed it! Thank goodness!

I also used the opportunity to clean the plastic casing and keys etc. It is incredible how much dirt, dust, hair, and food crumbage there was in the void around the keyswitches... Ick... Probably 5 years worth of grot.

All cleaned now and put back together. Keyboard is over 8 years old now and has been used heavily every day for that long, some of the keycaps are worn through to the clear plastic in places, but I think it still looks pretty swish! :)

A lot of what looks like dust (especially on the backspace key) is actually where the black is wearing through.

qhN6FjD.jpg

d8fiD5K.jpg

Its a Ducky Shine 2. A testament to the quality of their products! It weighs as much as a house brick, and could do some damage if used in anger. :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom