Soldato
@MSIUK Support is it ok to run a fan off the pump header? I have two CPU cooler fans but of different brands. I'm not sure whether to run both off the CPU fan header via a Y-splitter cable or just put one off that and the other off the pump header so I can set fan curves independently. Would that cause any problems?

Associate
OP
@MSIUK Support is it ok to run a fan off the pump header? I have two CPU cooler fans but of different brands. I'm not sure whether to run both off the CPU fan header via a Y-splitter cable or just put one off that and the other off the pump header so I can set fan curves independently. Would that cause any problems?

Good morning!

Running off a fan through the Pump header is perfectly fine. The difference between fan headers and the pump header is the supported maximum current. While normal fan headers are designed to provide 1A@12V continuously, pump header can provide 3A@12V to accompany better with the various pumps on the market.

If you want these 2 fans to be in sync, you can also run with them with Y cable through a single fan header, too. As long as you don't exceed the current capability of the fan header, you are good to go with Y cable. You can check the current rating of your fans on the sticker behind the motor hub. Please note that, during the initial ramp up phase, fans tend to draw more current than what is rated for so it would be wise to leave a bit of headroom. No worries though, most of the fans on the market are perfectly okay to run with Y cable on a single fan header. The exception applies for high CFM/current fans only, which are rare and not really practical to use in daily builds due to the high amount of noise they generate :)

Thanks!

Associate
hi. I have an MSI GL62M 7RD laptop. I have windows 10 on the HDD, and i want to install a PCIE nvme ssd in the pcie slot, install a clean windows 10 on that (i have windows 10 ready to go on USB), and then use the HDD for storage only.
but i have few questions please:
1) can i leave the current HDD in while i install windows on the SSD, and then format the HDD afterwards, or will i have to remove or format the HDD before in install windows on the SSD?
2) whilst i can physically install the PCIE NVME SSD, im not sure how to change any nescessary setting in the BIOS so that the motherboard will recognise it/ it will perform as it should, and will be bootable, and then how to start the installation process from the USB.

many thanks

Paul UK

Associate
msiuk-support please can you release an upgraded 'beta' bios for the 3090 (3x8pin) trioX cards with 450watt.

380is pretty low vs the competition.

Associate
I have an MSI GL62M 7RD gaming laptop - i wanted to enter UEFI because installed an NVME SSD , and wanted to install windows 10 on it, but when i go into BIOS to boot it, it goes into Aptio Setup mode and the SSD is not listed in the boot list, and i cant seem to find the options to change that. When i googled the problem, people seem to be able to solve the problem in UEFI bios, but i cant access that, it just goes into Aptio...

any help please..
thanks

Associate
Hi, I have an MSI B550 Tomahawk, and I just purchased a 5950X. Thing is, I am getting tonns of WHEA errors and kerner 41 hard resets... I have seen there is a new beta BIOS came out today, but it is not a bug fix. When will u solve these issues? Many of the users encounters with the same issues, especially with 2x CCDs CPU.

Associate
Just wondering if there are any details or dates for when MSI may release BIOS's for B450's (tomahawk, non max in this case) for Ryzen 5000 - aware its likely early next year but was hoping to narrow it down slightly?

Associate
I'm still kind of ****** that I have had to send a 6-month-old MSI monitor to be repaired and not replaced, god knows how long I'm going to have to wait now for it to be fixed when in my opinion it should have been replaced.

Associate
I recently bought a MSI x570 Tomahawk Motherboard, from overclockers. Everything was okay until the Lan controller gave up, forcing me to us wireless... I've tried every conceivable thing online to fix the problem. Adapter doesnt exist in device manager, or with seeing hidden. Or with disabling and re-enabling in bios. Or with roll back and forward to new bios's. Or reinstalling windows. No light on the rear adapter, nothing. I've tried everything that I could find to try and fix it. I'm well within the 30 day return period with overclockers should I return this board or is there another fix I havent tried yet?

Associate
OP
I recently bought a MSI x570 Tomahawk Motherboard, from overclockers. Everything was okay until the Lan controller gave up, forcing me to us wireless... I've tried every conceivable thing online to fix the problem. Adapter doesnt exist in device manager, or with seeing hidden. Or with disabling and re-enabling in bios. Or with roll back and forward to new bios's. Or reinstalling windows. No light on the rear adapter, nothing. I've tried everything that I could find to try and fix it. I'm well within the 30 day return period with overclockers should I return this board or is there another fix I havent tried yet?

Hi there,

Seems like you've already gone through all troubleshooting steps already. It looks like LAN controller gone faulty. Please contact OCUK for RMA.

Soldato
@MSIUK Support

Anyone know how to get the chipset fan on x570 ACE to report in HWmonitor? It logs all the other fans, even the GPU, but not that one.

Also is there a guide anywhere to what the different sensors relate to in terms of board component (eg CPU, MOS, system, chipset, pcie1,2,3 etc etc) and where the sensor is located? Is MOS the main VRM?

I'm noticing the chipset temps increase steadily even with no real chipset use. I've got pcie3 NVMe drives, but on idle in bios/uefi the chipset temp rises slowly but consistently towards 50C and this trend continues when in windows. Is this getting hot due to the heatpipe bringing heat from the VRM down to the chipset, or shuold I start looking for something else that is causing this? The MOS temp is 39-40C, CPU 32C, system temp 31C, so it seems odd the chipset should be running so hot. Any ideas what's happening?

Soldato
@MSIUK Support

Anyone know how to get the chipset fan on x570 ACE to report in HWmonitor? It logs all the other fans, even the GPU, but not that one.

Also is there a guide anywhere to what the different sensors relate to in terms of board component (eg CPU, MOS, system, chipset, pcie1,2,3 etc etc) and where the sensor is located? Is MOS the main VRM?

I'm noticing the chipset temps increase steadily even with no real chipset use. I've got pcie3 NVMe drives, but on idle in bios/uefi the chipset temp rises slowly but consistently towards 50C and this trend continues when in windows. Is this getting hot due to the heatpipe bringing heat from the VRM down to the chipset, or shuold I start looking for something else that is causing this? The MOS temp is 39-40C, CPU 32C, system temp 31C, so it seems odd the chipset should be running so hot. Any ideas what's happening?
bump? @MSIUK Support anybody there?

Back
Top Bottom