What PC games are you playing?

Associate
I think I got subnatica free at some point from one of the various giveaways (though might have it mixed up with something else), but I just can't bring myself to try it ... I get realllllll shakey with underwater monsters ... I still remember that bit in one half life game where you're walking along this metal gangplank inside and it breaks and drops you into the water with one of those shark alien things, I absolutely lost it, still feel squirmy thinking about it now... not sure what the difference is being underwater ... I think it's just that something massive can kinda appear out of nowhere, at least on land you see it coming.
It was the 2nd free game on Epic and the only game I have played from there :p. But the first scare I got, was the reaper swimming around near the crash site. Came out of nowhere and that wicked face oi it reminded me of Joker. I stopped playing for a bit, as like you, I was dreading going underwater but then I just played through it after and really enjoyed it as well, bar the reaper moments.

Soldato
Completed Outer Worlds last night. Had a lot of fun playing it but it felt like it was far too short (took me 22 hours completing most side missions) and you could tell it was a small team game as there wasn't much going on in the worlds. Probably felt like 5 enemy types so it did get a bit boring always fighting similar things but overall I had a decent time with it

Soldato
Completed Outer Worlds last night. Had a lot of fun playing it but it felt like it was far too short (took me 22 hours completing most side missions) and you could tell it was a small team game as there wasn't much going on in the worlds. Probably felt like 5 enemy types so it did get a bit boring always fighting similar things but overall I had a decent time with it

I'm playing thought for the second time right now and that is exactly how I feel about it. A sequel needs to show more ambition, and imo needs to be a little (but not too much) more cinematic. For example, the game is set in space and early on I picked up a mission to go to an abandoned space station. It might as well have been just another room. I was on the Groundbreaker space station, which is basically one big room, transitioned to my ship, then to the abandoned station and there were no little scenes between these transitions showing you travelling for example. it was pretty much just walking through corridors with no indication you were even in space. They might as well have been adjacent rooms.

And let's be honest the environments are hardly the, most imaginative considering they are supposed to be alien worlds!

I love Obsidian. They are my favourite devs of all time but I think they need a budget. Hopefully under Microsoft's wing they will start to make epics again.

Last edited:
Associate
I think I got subnatica free at some point from one of the various giveaways (though might have it mixed up with something else), but I just can't bring myself to try it ... I get realllllll shakey with underwater monsters ... I still remember that bit in one half life game where you're walking along this metal gangplank inside and it breaks and drops you into the water with one of those shark alien things, I absolutely lost it, still feel squirmy thinking about it now... not sure what the difference is being underwater ... I think it's just that something massive can kinda appear out of nowhere, at least on land you see it coming.

You should try it in VR :)

Associate
You should try it in VR :)
Oh heeeeeeeeeell no ... VR is something I'm mega curious about (but like everything in that category: mechanical keyboards, ultrawide/curved monitors, etc) I may actually end up not liking it if/once I get to experience it ... and I'd wonder if something like HL Alyx might prove to be kind scary with the headcrabs coming at your face and stuff (but I imagine it'd be fine) ... sea monsters however, are 100% out, I wouldn't do that to myself for 100 quid, let alone voluntarily for free, haha.

Caporegime
Waterlab GZD WAD for Doom II.

Takes it to a new level. Does a great job at conveying the horror of Doom 3 with the engine GZDoom engine/gameplay of Doom II.

Excellent and atmospheric audio.

Associate
Have completed most of the Halo on MCC now except ODST, but playing through that.

Also picked DayZ back up for the first time in ages, still enjoy it, not sure why i stopped playing it tbh. Yeah, it still has some bugs but there isn't much else you get the same experience with!

ne0

ne0

Associate
Just completed Max Payne 3. Holds up pretty well for an old game and definitely does a great job of making you feel like a bad ass. I think they overdid the cut scenes just a tad but overall it's a great action game.

Now I need to finish RDR2!

Back
Top Bottom