• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Holy crap, I'm getting battered on Facebook at the moment. Posted a thread on a Aussie Facebook PS5 group about me thinking of cancelling my PS5 preorder and getting a series X instead, and the thread's 140 responses long already.... mostly hammering me :D
Don't worry you're not the only one. I have both preordered but am probably going to cancel ps5. I've owned ps1, 2, 3, 4 and 4 Pro as well. Xbox seems much better value this time around and the deal I got with Game Pass makes it an easy choice. A couple of exclusives aren't enough to swing it back for me, though I remain open to being persuaded.

I've chatted to friends and colleagues about the options and one thing that really surprised me is how brand loyal to Sony they are and how little they know about the Series X/Game Pass.

Last edited:
Soldato
Looks like I might actually upgrade the kids passed-on-once-my-series-x-arrives xbox one X to the Series S. local EBgames in NZ is offering $449 for the one X to series X (only paid $400 a month ago) and the Series S costs $549 so assuming they'll cross trade under 'pre-order' I can pay a little bit extra to get the latest gen for them rather than the One X depreciating further and therefore the Series S costing me more in a few more years.

Soldato
Holy crap, I'm getting battered on Facebook at the moment. Posted a thread on a Aussie Facebook PS5 group about me thinking of cancelling my PS5 preorder and getting a series X instead, and the thread's 140 responses long already.... mostly hammering me :D

Console fan boys have gotta be some of the saddest people on the planet :rolleyes: Who actually cares what console other people own or play on?

Permabanned
Personally I used to always go with whichever console most friends had, they were always decent experiences regardless of which vendor you went with. So its been something like PS1, PS2, Xbox 360, PS3, Xbox One X. :)

Being tied to a brand seems a bit silly, much like CPUs and GPUs.

Soldato
Personally I used to always go with whichever console most friends had, they were always decent experiences regardless of which vendor you went with. So its been something like PS1, PS2, Xbox 360, PS3, Xbox One X. :)

Mine was similar: PS1, PS2, Xbox 360, PS3, PS4, Xbox One/X. And this gen it will be the Series X first then I'll get a PS5 later down the line.

Caporegime

Best to avoid any sort of conversation about gaming on social media.

Soldato
Console fan boys have gotta be some of the saddest people on the planet :rolleyes: Who actually cares what console other people own or play on?

Luckily I've only come across one on here and he is just one of 2 people on my ignore list which is good going for 10+ years.

I see MS are as annoying as Sony in that they require multiple apps for mobile. The core one is better than PS as it has messaging built in but it wants a separate one for gamepass

Last edited:
Soldato
I have both a ps5 and an Xbox series X on pre-order as wasn't sure which to go for. I was leaning more towards the Playstation but the only launch title that appeals is demon's souls and it's £70 RRP everywhere right now for some bizarre reason!

That £8 per month Xbox game pass is starting to look very appealing if £50-70 per game is going to become the norm for next gen game pricing!

Soldato
Anyone have some suggestions about the controller's battery?
Stick with standard AA or get a rechargeable pack?

If we go the pack way, do we know yet if the older ones will fit the new controller?

Soldato
I have both a ps5 and an Xbox series X on pre-order as wasn't sure which to go for. I was leaning more towards the Playstation but the only launch title that appeals is demon's souls and it's £70 RRP everywhere right now for some bizarre reason!

That £8 per month Xbox game pass is starting to look very appealing if £50-70 per game is going to become the norm for next gen game pricing!

£69.99 is the new norm sadly. It's also why I have for the first time ever been persuaded to the Xbox. I will get some games still but game pass will fill in the blanks and with the work around is more like £2 a month.

If we go the pack way, do we know yet if the older ones will fit the new controller?

I see Eneloop mentioned all the time so looking into that.

Last edited:
Associate

Game pass is excellent value and once the likes of Bethesda start releasing new games it will be a no brainer.....also if you buy game pass, credit or games on cd keys its even cheaper!

Caporegime

Buy a charger with 4x AA batteries for less than £20, you always have a pair ready to go then.

Associate
There's an element of console gamers (both Xbox and PS) that are sadly very insecure about their choice of gaming and feel the need to project to other people. It makes it very hard to have an informed discussion, as you can guarantee that someone will take over the conversation with petty bickering and name calling - it's quite bizarre, and if anything, pushes me further from their opinion.

I have to say, 3 or 4 months ago I was only thinking PS5 and thought the Xbox was doomed, but since then I think Microsoft have played a blinder and I've seen a total swing - GamePass is starting to look what I hoped it would be, and Sony seems to blunder from gaff to gaff (it's the total opposite of the PS4/XB1 launch).

I'll still be getting both mind (as I need me some GoW), but it looks like anything multiformat will be on XsX now - had intended to get them both at preorder, but looks like I'll be moving house mid-November and my wife will rip my nuts off if she sees this on Creditcard statement........so hoping to sneak both in under the premise of "Xmas presents".

Soldato

Charger and Eneloops batteries, beats any " Charger" pack etc.

Man of Honour

I went full crazy and bought the charging stand for £40. The cheaper charging pack is £20 which seems reasonable.

Back
Top Bottom