• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce 2070 SUPER - Green artifacts

Associate
Hi there.

I just received my custom built OcUK machine and in it is the Asus GeForce RTX 2070 Super Dual EVO OC 8192MB GDDR6 graphics card.

The other evening the display started showing green lines/artifacts across the screen and the writing on the screen was illegible. This was the same from the BIOS startup screen.

I checked the cable and even outputted to another monitor using HDMI (rather than the DP cable) without resolution.

In the end I removed the card, gave the connectors a quick clean and it finally (after a couple of attempts) started working again.

Should I be worried about this or should I just put it down to a dirty/loose connection to the motherboard? I read elsewhere that green artifacts can be a sign of a failing card.

Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom