QE55Q6FN Replacement Power Cable Needed

Soldato
Hi Guys,

Can someone please recommend a replacement power chord for my QE55Q6FN, the ******* dog decided to chew through it during the night, I'm concerned it might be borked as the cable was sparking at the back but obviously can't test that until I get a replacement and don't have the equipment or the skills to try a soldering job.

Someone has recommended this from Amazon:-

"Ancable 3M Power Cable UK 3PIN Plug to Right Angled 90 Degree IEC C7 Figure 8 Cord for Samsung Philips Toshiba LG Sony Sharp Panasonic LED Flat TV PS3 PS4 Printer Sky box, Sky Plus+ HD Box"

But just want to make sure I'm getting the right thing, if it's fine can someone let me know please or if not can someone provide me with a link to a suitable alternative?

Soldato
It's the most likely option. It would work on my reasonably modern Samsung TV.

Without sight of the TV or the end of the cable, it's hard to be certain.

Man of Honour
It's just an ordinary "figure-of-8" mains cable with a 90 degree bend. It's nothing bespoke or fancy. I can almost guarantee that you'll have the straight versions of this on other devices in the house.

If we presume there's enough space to access the plug from behind (or you can lift the TV off the wall bracket and rig up some temporary cabling), then there's no reason at all why you can't use one of the other figure-of-8 mains cables to test out the TV before you order the cable from Amazon. That way you'll know if the TV still works.

The 3 Amp fuse rating is fine for the TV too.

Back
Top Bottom