NEW - Corsair 4000 Series Cases

Soldato
Hi guys,

Not seen any threads made on the forums on this new case, seems to have popped up with reviews all over on it. I guess an NDA must've lifted today for it, least some can stick to their initial dates. :D Seems pretty nice tbh, I really like Corsair's new design they've come up with, looks much more sleek and smart imo.

Especially like the look of the 4000D Airflow models, I can see these becoming quite popular for only £79... The 4000X RGB models look nice too, just not sure how the glass front panel will hold up for temps. It seems to restrict the airflow a bit going by Hardware Canuck's review, when he removed the glass front temps dropped ~5c. Hence me leaning towards the Airflow models...

Reviews seem quite positive all round otherwise. Very tempted to use the 4000D Airflow for a friend's build in the next few months. Just not sure whether to go black or white! :p

One gripe is I wish Corsair would revamp their fan connectors... Stop with the 2 cables per fan, coming up with Commander Pro and RGB Hubs etc... I have them all in mine and makes cable management awful! Could really do with something like Lian Li's new fans that all inter-connect and group the cables so you only have 2 per run! Would be perfect then imo.

Interested in other people's thoughts? :)

Here's some useful links and reviews if interested...

Product Links

Reviews

Associate
I also think the 4000D Airflow is the case I have been waiting for, especially at that price point. Always loved Corsair and my Antec 900 must be over 11 years old.

I'll have to put the RGB dreams on hold for now, hopefully a new trend will come along by the time I can afford to spend £100 on fans.

Associate
I have the Corsair 450D which this is very similar to, their 2014 model but I only got one a year or so back. Definitely been great for airflow, temps and noise if you tune fans, basically silent at idle. Thoroughly tested gaming during that 37C heatwave, still keeps things cool as the airflow is so good.

Easy to remove and clean all dust filters too, same features on 4000D look a bargain at a cheaper price than the 450D.

Soldato
loving this case !

seems it performs on PAR with BASE 500 DX and that has triple 140mm vs the two pre-install on the Airflow . And by the looks of it, Airflow vs solid panel doesn't have a huge difference over another case that rivals the 500 and 4000d, the SETA A1. seems eeven with dual 200mm fans tthe frontt panel kills 15-20c

£5 saving and USB C , non DX doesnt have it :(

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £294.55 (includes shipping: £19.62)

airflow versions

Total: £299.59 (includes shipping: £19.62)

couldn't quite find the SP fans by themselves in 120mm form and only SP Pro exists by them selves but guessing pricing with hub would be similar.. soo £70 odd saving going for the 4000X version

Total: £184.68 (includes shipping: £11.70)

solid review here for performance

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/corsair-4000d-airflow/6.html

Last edited:
Associate
The only thing these cases are missing is a non-glass door variety and sound dampening on the side panels. Do you think there would be enough room to fit your own sound dampening on the rear panel?

Soldato
Soldato
Wow. Thank you so much. OK I think I'm sold on this case.

Check reviews. A lot of them. They go on about the back with able management and how the panels attach. Some mention the gap

SSD can be attach SSD to the front of the case, on the PSU cover, so frees up space at the back to allow insulation material etc

Soldato
Case, mobo, fans and cable swap. Wanted to change case to allow for larger GPU. Case was nice to build in, plenty of space. Cable channel only really managed the 24-pin and front panel connectors. Might have been better if it was split into two or three channels.

Planning future change to 3080/Big Navi. May also get Zen 3 processor (currently R5 3600).

EDIT - Forgot, as one of the reviews said the tempered glass side panel is pointless if you don’t put loads of RGB in because it’s tinted really dark. Understand the white one has clear glass.

Last edited:
Soldato
Case, mobo, fans and cable swap. Wanted to change case to allow for larger GPU. Case was nice to build in, plenty of space. Cable channel only really managed the 24-pin and front panel connectors. Might have been better if it was split into two or three channels.

Planning future change to 3080/Big Navi. May also get Zen 3 processor (currently R5 3600).

EDIT - Forgot, as one of the reviews said the tempered glass side panel is pointless if you don’t put loads of RGB in because it’s tinted really dark. Understand the white one has clear glass.

Have you not fitted any 3.5 HHD ?
Where do they fit in this case ?

Soldato
There’s a caddy in the PSU basement but I removed it as I don’t need it.
That be the same as my case (Evolv X) which is a nightmare to get them in with all the PSU cables coming out right into the space where the HDD goes..

I Broke one of my HDD last week due to trying to squeeze it in past all the PSU cables :(

Soldato
This case functionally looks good. It would be nice to have the solid panel as an option especially for the non air version.

a bit too boxy for me in design. The yellow accent is a nice touch tho. The triangulation in the meshing is interesting...but probably lost in the all black scheme.

Soldato
An RGB version of the airflow case and I would have been really tempted. As it is I will probably stick with the 500DX, a real toss up as they are both the same size and similarly specced.

Associate
Have you not fitted any 3.5 HHD ?
Where do they fit in this case ?

My experience with the 450D is that if you want a silent system the 3.5 HDD will be too noisy as the case won't dampen the noise.

Switched out a WD blue 3.5 4tb for a 2tb SSD. My system is extremely quiet at idle, even an idle HDD is too noisy for it. I absolutely do not recommend any HDD's in a high airflow case if you want genuine silence (or as close to it as possible) in a high airflow case.

Soldato
Interesting looking case. I wonder if there will be an option to purchase the front Airflow Or TG/RGB panel as a spare.

Also i wonder how much room is left for a PSU when a 360mm Rad with fans and the HDD caddy is in place. The only thing i can find is:

"180mm (220mm if HDD cage removed)"

Which seems strange as that would suggest that the HDD caddy is only 40mm wide and when they refer to PSU length does that include the modular connectors?

Back
Top Bottom