** NVIDIA RTX 30 SERIES (3090 / 3080 / 3070) NOW ONLINE AT OcUK **

Associate
It's anecdotal I know but my friend got a Gigabyte Gaming OC 3080 from here at OCUK and he has reported only 2 crashes so far in all his gaming and testing, this is his post from facebook talking about it:

"I was talking about this the other night on Discord. I have the 3080 gigabyte OC card. And have pushed it with Max RTX settings at 1440p.
I tested the following:

Control
All Max RTX on. Max temp 64 boost clock 2025

Death stranding
All Max RTX/DLSS on. Max temp 43. Boost clock 2010

I’ve had no crashes during any gameplay of these games, the only crashes I’ve had was two, one during Battlefield V when I was in the menus without a live game loaded. Game had my resolution wrong, set it to 2560x1440 and it desktopped. Same with warhammer 2. No crashes during actual gameplay
Had no issues other than that, which seems more driver related or game specific."

Associate
It's anecdotal I know but my friend got a Gigabyte Gaming OC 3080 from here at OCUK and he has reported only 2 crashes so far in all his gaming and testing, this is his post from facebook talking about it:

"I was talking about this the other night on Discord. I have the 3080 gigabyte OC card. And have pushed it with Max RTX settings at 1440p.
I tested the following:

Control
All Max RTX on. Max temp 64 boost clock 2025

Death stranding
All Max RTX/DLSS on. Max temp 43. Boost clock 2010

I’ve had no crashes during any gameplay of these games, the only crashes I’ve had was two, one during Battlefield V when I was in the menus without a live game loaded. Game had my resolution wrong, set it to 2560x1440 and it desktopped. Same with warhammer 2. No crashes during actual gameplay
Had no issues other than that, which seems more driver related or game specific."

Doesnt sound like the same issue others are reporting but for £700 there really should be no crashes

Associate
Hello OC types - any news on this queue position updater you're working on?

I know it's not going to make the cards magically appear - and I know it won't give a precise indication of when they will, but I'd still like to know so that I can figure out if it's worth waiting with the money in your bank account or mine.

Associate
So far I haven't read anything about the Founders crashing to desktop, plus they use MLCCs, and so far its only cards with a full setup of POSCAPs that are having the issue.
Yeah okay, I'm still attempting to get the founders edition purely because I think it looks amazing and my case has above average airflow...

Associate
How come the temps are so low compared to the control, are you capping fps or something?

Not my temps, not my card. I have no further info over and above what my mate posted. Only thing I can think of is no DLSS on Control so maybe it was taxing the card more, or maybe he tweaked his fan curve in between, I honestly don't know.

Soldato
A couple of brands have confirmed that October shipments will be big, so I’m expecting we’ll see a lot of shipments in the next couple of weeks and clearing of backlogs.

Associate
A couple of brands have confirmed that October shipments will be big, so I’m expecting we’ll see a lot of shipments in the next couple of weeks and clearing of backlogs.

You say big
What I imagine = HUGE!
What others imagine = all going to scalpers!
What reality is = small

Back
Top Bottom