Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Anyway, back on topic.

Do we think its safe to suggest that those that had pre-ordered in the first round are pretty much guaranteed a console on release? Purely down to the fact that all the retailers got more stock allocated.

I have one pre-ordered but I won't take it as guaranteed until it ships, Amazon in the US emailed PS5 and Xbox customers saying you may not get on release day. Hopefully same won't happen here.

“We’re contacting you about your order of Xbox Series X to let you know in advance that you may not receive this item on the day it is released due to high demand”

Soldato
I'm mulling over whether to sell my PS4 Pro before the PS5 launches but I'm unsure whether it's worth keeping as I have a Playstation VR headset and around 40 games on disc for it.

I'll be buying the optical version of the system so can play the discs but has Sony released any further information about backwards compatibility?

It would make sense for me to sell the PS4 before the PS5 launches but I'd be annoyed if it left me with a load of games and a VR headset I couldn't use?

Soldato
Ok strange, because as I said earlier, I registered interest with Shopto on 12 June, but I confirmed the preorder on the 18 September. However my preorder page says order placed 12 June. So Shopto must be treating the registering interest option as the order date.

From what I've heard they are, I have asked them via a support ticket but not really expecting an answer.

If so then they have done it the correct way imo.

I registered interest with currys also and didn't so much as get an email saying pre orders were going live, so not a great show from them.

Soldato
I'm mulling over whether to sell my PS4 Pro before the PS5 launches but I'm unsure whether it's worth keeping as I have a Playstation VR headset and around 40 games on disc for it.

I'll be buying the optical version of the system so can play the discs but has Sony released any further information about backwards compatibility?

It would make sense for me to sell the PS4 before the PS5 launches but I'd be annoyed if it left me with a load of games and a VR headset I couldn't use?

Not a lot has been said yet, I imagine though that once people (e.g. reviewers and "influencers") start getting their hands on them we'll find out more. I'd keep hold of your kit in the meantime though, I don't plan on getting rid of my PS4 Pro until I know that PS4 games I want to play/replay will work okay on the PS5.

Soldato

It has been said many times that the "vast majority of PS4 games will work straight away". It has also been confirmed that PSVR is also compatible - however you will need to get a free adapter for the camera so it plugs into USB (Sony haven't given us the procedure to get these yet).

Soldato
Thanks for the replies everyone. You're probably right on saying it's safer to hang onto my current system until I know for certain everything I want to use will work.

V F

V F

Soldato
If ps4 games work, I'd assume there will be no issues with steering wheels etc... unlike the ps3 - 4 debacle. New kit.

Soldato

If it helps I had similar dilemma, I sold PS4 Pro to cash converters (couldn't be arsed with private sale hassle) with 12 games and got £300

The only game worth anything was last of us 2, the PS4 pro itself was near perfect as new condition which help and gave them an extra pad.

I just thought with PS5 and Series s next month may as well get some cash for PS4 pro whilst has some value.

I honestly see them going down in value very very quick

Soldato
I just thought with PS5 and Series s next month may as well get some cash for PS4 pro whilst has some value.

I honestly see them going down in value very very quick

That's what I'm wondering. To be fair the cash converters/pawn price for a ps4 pro is only ~£130 at the moment and I want to keep the games I have anyway unless they literally won't run at all on a PS5.

It should be fairly easy to maintain backwards compatibility given they have effectively the same x86 architecture.

PSVR was something I was less sure about given it requires the camera, an adapter and the HDMI 120hz pass through box? I could see that causing issues.

If I need to buy a ps5 camera for VR that's basically half/third my savings from selling my ps4 gone! Guess I really need to wait until some YouTubers/influencers get their hands on the PS5 and have a chance to test it before making a call.

I'm actually kind of frustrated how little we've seen of the console and how many questions we have given it's out in less than two months.

I feel like at this point Sony should really have answered all the above questions!

Soldato
That's what I'm wondering. To be fair the cash converters/pawn price for a ps4 pro is only ~£130 at the moment and I want to keep the games I have anyway unless they literally won't run at all on a PS5.

It should be fairly easy to maintain backwards compatibility given they have effectively the same x86 architecture.

PSVR was something I was less sure about given it requires the camera, an adapter and the HDMI 120hz pass through box? I could see that causing issues.

If I need to buy a ps5 camera for VR that's basically half/third my savings from selling my ps4 gone! Guess I really need to wait until some YouTubers/influencers get their hands on the PS5 and have a chance to test it before making a call.

I'm actually kind of frustrated how little we've seen of the console and how many questions we have given it's out in less than two months.

I feel like at this point Sony should really have answered all the above questions!
Not sure on VR front but with Sony providing the adapter box free I'd assume it would ensure PSVR runs everything as it should normally?

I agree though I think we need specifics like that clarified

Soldato
Not sure on VR front but with Sony providing the adapter box free I'd assume it would ensure PSVR runs everything as it should normally?

I agree though I think we need specifics like that clarified

I hadn't realised that Sony were providing an adaptor for the camera. I guess that's a good sign as it shows they're taking PSVR support for PS5 seriously.

Bit annoying Sony haven't clarified how claiming it will work though.

Soldato
I hadn't realised that Sony were providing an adaptor for the camera. I guess that's a good sign as it shows they're taking PSVR support for PS5 seriously.

Bit annoying Sony haven't clarified how claiming it will work though.

They haven't said yet - but then there is still 7 weeks until PS5 is out :)
I expect it'll be a "write here to claim your adapter" - no proof of purchase necessary, these things are going to be so cheap and only have one use, they won't care who claims one.

Soldato
£70 is the new normal for next-gen first party games from Sony. Miles Morales is cheaper as it's a PS4 game.

Ah, ok. Just noticed Godfall is also £70 so like you say seems to be a first party Sony PS5 exclusive thing.

Still a fearsome price hike though and disappointing to see the dollar price literally translated into pounds. That's £20 more than third party titles :eek:

I think Sony need to be mindful that for the price of a single game you can just about buy a year's game pass subscription on Xbox.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ah, ok. Just noticed Godfall is also £70 so like you say seems to be a first party Sony PS5 exclusive thing.

Still a fearsome price hike though and disappointing to see the dollar price literally translated into pounds. That's £20 more than third party titles :eek:

Could be worse. The EU pricing is €80, which is even more dollars than the UK price.

Back
Top Bottom