• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
Sounds exactly like the guy I spoke to except he said use the online form then hung up as I was still speaking lol, lost a customer here I won't use again no need for rudeness especially after holding for 30+mins...
Did You not had email with link to use for cancellation refund ?? Or You found it too difficult to use ??

Associate
To be honest the more 'dramatic' posts are from new forum members / first time customers.
OCUK will probably never see them again after they get their cards or cancel.
Not that I'm really complaining ITT, but although I joined recently, I have been a customer for well over a decade. Been to both the old and new shop in person too.

I'm sure there are a few new customers here, but don't be too quick to judge...

Associate
You know to use the form, I refunded by it and it was very quick. Why phone them when you know the phone lines are bursting at the seams. God there is some entitlement going on.

Because I used the form and heard nothing back no e-mail no money in the bank ,order still showing active on account, your saying I'm wrong to question if the cancellation has gone through?

Associate
Product we already paid for. You're either a dic*rider or a shill, or work for them FFS What happened to customer is always right?

Customer is always right? What is this, the 70's? You are a damn fool or never worked a customer facing job to think that's still the case in 2020.

Associate
Doesn't work like that, if you swap you will be placed at the end of the queue lol.
Unfortunately that isn't what some of the people who have changed place seem to be being told by customer service. So either they aren't going to the back, which is unfair on the rest of us, or customer service is either mistakenly or intentionally lying to them, which isn't all that fair for them.

Yes, they confirmed both on Discord and on the phone that my order time is valid and I'm simply changing to a different cards queue. Good news for people in the gigabyte queue, bad news for those in ASUS.

That being said, if everyone were to queue jump, they would likely actually get their cards later because there would just be one longer queue. I'll probably be getting this one about a week later than my original order tbh but it's worth it for me. IMO it's only worth changing queue if you actually want a different card (eg in light of these power distribution issues), not just to get a card faster.

Asus TUF cards started much slower than the Gigabyte Eagle, about 5 times slower for the first 3 or 4 hours based on the spreadsheet data, so I suspect a lot of us on other cards could switch and get our card faster, but really screw with the people who ordered ASUS slightly later's timing.

Associate
The OUT OF STOCK email you must have had references the sticky Gibbo thread, and gives a direct link to the form to request cancellation. The sticky thread references that very same form; it's the most efficient way they have to deal with these requests as they're being swamped with customer support requests. Why are you calling them to request cancellation?

I did fill out the form and nothing happened for me, that's why I called....

Permabanned
Thats what its going to be like until end of October for every card and retailer. Scan sold all their expected shipments of cards up to end of November.

Fact is that this launch is just a paper launch. I think that if there are 10,000 in the people in the world with their 3080s before end of October, Nvidia will think they are doing well.

Its November and December when the big boat loads will come in and OCUK start taking delivery of 1000 cards of one model at a time.
Thats spot on tbh. People thinking that other stores got cards... Even NV does not have cards :D

Associate
That being said, if everyone were to queue jump, they would likely actually get their cards later because there would just be one longer queue. I'll probably be getting this one about a week later than my original order tbh but it's worth it for me. IMO it's only worth changing queue if you actually want a different card (eg in light of these power distribution issues), not just to get a card.
This could technically be wrong. The gigabyte could End up being delayed or even recalled due to the issues which means you’ll actually have a working card sooner. I personally think anyone swapping models should go to the back of the que for that model.

Associate
This could technically be wrong. The gigabyte could End up being delayed or even recalled due to the issues which means you’ll actually have a working card sooner. I personally think anyone swapping models should go to the back of the que for that model.

100% agree. I do think OC should make a statement about this.

Associate
How is any of this homophobic? Is that the best response you have? Pull the virtue card? You could be a zoophile, I couldn't care less TBH
Using the term "****rider" in a derogatory manor is homophobic but I wouldn't expect someone who uses to the term in ignorance to understand that.

Either way, you've joined the thread and just spouted absolute waffle so unless you have anything of value to add, please wind your neck in and pipe down.

Associate
Long time lurker, but decided it's time to cancel my order for the TUF OC. Between OC allowing people to change their order but maintain position (If they are providing the opportunity I wouldn't blame people, but I'm >1200 in the unofficial queue :p) and the fact I was already resigned that I would unlikely see my card before the end of the year, I feel that I will have better luck with the discord rtxbot and try to snag one via Nvidia's completely random restocks.

As long as I have one by the time Cyberpunk comes out, I'll be happy. My 1070 doesn't cut the mustard anymore at 4k, plus look at all those rays!

Good luck everyone :)

Permabanned
Homophobic comments on a forum in 2020? Amazing...

I'm not a riding anything of OC's, in fact my order has been placed elsewhere so not a shill either way. I just happen to have a brain and am capable of taking all variable into account.
What ?? what Homophobic comment ?? Maybe You want to call the FORUMS MANAGER ??

Associate
Yes, they confirmed both on Discord and on the phone that my order time is valid and I'm simply changing to a different cards queue. Good news for people in the gigabyte queue, bad news for those in ASUS.

Wow, ok, that's unfair. If customers decide to change their order, they should be sent to the back of the queue for that specific card. Those that ordered later don't deserve to be punished because someone else changed their mind. This is nothing personal against anyone, I'm just not cool with the situation.

I've been tolerant and I don't mind waiting, plus with how much of a clusterf**k this launch has been, I'm willing to give OCUK the benefit of the doubt, but I expect the system to at least be fair.

Soldato
Wow, ok, that's unfair. If customers decide to change their order, they should be sent to the back of the queue for that specific card. Those that ordered later don't deserve to be punished because someone else changed their mind. This is nothing personal against anyone, I'm just not cool with the situation.

I've been tolerant and I don't mind waiting, plus with how much of a clusterf**k this launch has been, I'm willing to give OCUK the benefit of the doubt, but I expect the system to at least be fair.

If that is the case, then that sucks. I cancelled a 1458 Zotac order and ordered both Asus Strix (I'm going to see which turns up first). If they are allowing switching, I could have been so much further ahead!

Soldato
Associate
I know its like they got liw IQ or something. Just look of amount of new people in this topic every day that are adding to the calculator.

I gained 100 places in 2 days for the Palit. Seeing as no orders have gone out and the form can't auto add cancellations I thought I'd query it as it seemed like a pretty drastic change

Associate
@Gibbo is busier than anyone behind the scenes to grab as much allocation as possible at the best price from Nvidia and the board partners.

If he has accurate worthwhile info to share he'll be straight on here to tell you guys.

Sometimes it's best for the guy closest to ground zero to just make moves behind the scenes.

What he says can be taken as law on here, when his info might not be 100% accurate.

If a customer wishes to swap their order from one product to another they will have to cancel their existing order and place a new one for their desired product. Joining the queue at the end.

For everyone worried about qeueu jumping,OC already gave an official statment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom