The Boys (Amazon Prime)

Soldato
How did people not see that coming? We already saw her kill that black guy in the flash back plus there was pretty obvious comments to A Train. I did roll my eyes a bit to be honest about her being an actual Nazi though.

Soldato
Obviously for the comic readers you're well aware the plot has veered drastically. We've seen Love Sausage but no Russian plot arc.
Do you think the Stormfront plot will play out a bit like the planned Russian superhero coup orchestrated by Little Nina with Cindy the head exploder replacing the modified Compound V in putting it down?

fez

fez

Caporegime
How did people not see that coming? We already saw her kill that black guy in the flash back plus there was pretty obvious comments to A Train. I did roll my eyes a bit to be honest about her being an actual Nazi though.

How did people not see what coming?

Her obvious racism? She had displayed it on a number of occasions previously in the series just not quite so blatantly for others to potentially see.

Associate
Still enjoying this, even if season 2 is a little weaker so far than 1.

Picked up the comics off humble bundle yesterday too so be interesting to see how they differ!

Soldato
How did people not see what coming?

Her obvious racism? She had displayed it on a number of occasions previously in the series just not quite so blatantly for others to potentially see.

Yeah her being massive racist/ horrible person. To be fair speaking to a work colleague he was also a bit surprised at the reveal as well. I've thought it was a bit obvious not to miss though

Associate
I think it' s fairly obvious that the actress who plays Stromfront has some
Jewish heritage, despite being part of the Nazi super race, I think that will be revealed leading to all kinds of problems for her and Homelander, likely a covert Jewish scientist added his DNA or something to troll the Nazis. I can see Butcher using that to his advantage somehow "**** me, turns out little Miss SS has got a lot more in common with Ann Frank than she thought"

Caporegime
The thing that confuses me though is...
does Edgar know?

He's not exactly the model 'Vought approved' citizen.

Last edited:
Associate
I would write it like this:

Stormfront was snuck into the Vought master race program as a baby by a misguided but well meaning scientist to troll with the Nazis and disrupt it from within. She quickly becomes the best superhero they've ever had by miles, making an, as yet unknown mockery of the whole master race idea. Vought discovers the truth when she's about 15 and is utterly humiliated that she's by far the best example of the master race they've ever seen in superhero form. As a form of revenge they kill the scientist and any of her remaining family, they also don't tell her who she really is and instead up the master race rhetoric and use her for many of the atrocities committed by the Nazis against the Jews.

Since then, Vought no longer cares about any master race on racial terms, hence Edgar as they realise it was all BS, but it's still a very useful way of motivating and controlling their heroes so they keep up the charade behind the scenes.

Butcher discovers all this with irrefutable proof and makes a big public reveal, leading to Homelander instantly rejecting and trying to kill Stormfront, who survives but goes temporarily insane with the realisation of what she's done. Eventually Butcher is able to locate and persuade her that she'd be a great ally in killing Homelander and she joins The Boys.

Soldato
Wasn't expecting that ending at all. Wonder how the kid stuff is going to play out are they going to try turning him into a tiny supe now especially with Stormfront involved pushing her views on him.

Great to see John Noble on screen again too.

Soldato
guessing that man/womenfrom the institute

She was locked up when the CIA lady's head went boom - she didn't appear to have any love for Vought employees, so it seems unlikely she could be used as a weapon easily. More likely someone under our noses, or something to do with the Church of the Collective, seeing as they seem rather able to influence decisions regarding membership in the 7.

Soldato
I thought the beginning was going to wind up being a more significant part of the story than it was.

Great episode though. Finally some movement. Up to now I've found this season dull.

Soldato
I kind of like tv show but it’s kind of chaotic. The plot is lacking a clear purpose. The structure of the comic was much better despite the fact much of the detail wasn’t as good as the the show. Butcher feels way off and whilst I like Urban the shows Butcher is weaker and I feel it is reflective of the structural choices made.
My worry that the show is all show and no backbone and that will get boring. Will be happy to be wrong because some of the unique improvements the show has made are flipping great.

Back
Top Bottom