Secret Labs vs Noble Chair

Associate
I'm in the same boat. Cant make my mind up go for the hero or the titan. The secret labs have a good price just now for the titan 2020 series and all the stuff I have been reading say the titan is more comfortable of the two but I do like the black with blue stitching hero chair. I probably would have went the titan cookies and cream fabric but I have two young boys so they would probably spill something on it so PU leather is probably best for me.

Associate
I have a Hero
I was going to return it due to it being solid and not very comfy overall, for me - I'm still in first 30 days of trial - but my cat decided to jump on it, with its nails out, along both the base and back.. a couple of tiny holes in places. :o

Edit: I've bought a cushion on amazon, for £20 to help my butt since I can't return it.

Soldato
I have a Hero
I was going to return it due to it being solid and not very comfy overall, for me - I'm still in first 30 days of trial - but my cat decided to jump on it, with its nails out, along both the base and back.. a couple of tiny holes in places. :o

Edit: I've bought a cushion on amazon, for £20 to help my butt since I can't return it.

******* CATS!!!!!! I love my hero and the little ******* have split it in two places already! It makes me fume!

Associate
To add some more positives to the Hero side, I've had one for 2 months and as I work long hours from home I seriously doubt anyone has road tested a chair as much as I have in that time. I have the real leather version in black with the superior stitching and slightly thicker covering the the PU ones but still mostly the same.

The independent top 10 that was posted totally fails to realise than many guys can't even fit comfortably in a chair at all that has racing side bars on the seat like the smaller Epic that got number 2, no doubt in my mind the Hero is significantly better than the Epic for bigger guys.

I've worked multiple 50+ weeks on it and its firmness is a boon to me, not a negative. It does tend to wear in to feel softer a couple of weeks of intensive use but this is a chair that encourages good posture rather than being something you sink into. I've done three 10 hour+ shifts on it this week alone and I even did a 14 hour shift on it last month.

Self employed so it's my all own choice to work long hours, but I wouldn't do it if the chair wasn't very comfortable for me, I'm 6ft and an athletic 14 stone as opposed to overweight, so maybe it is better suited for larger users who already have posture that suits its ergonomics. I returned one chair with uncomfortable side bars on the seat already so I have a good point of comparison.

Associate
I think it's the titan for me. Softer and cost less sounds like a no brainer to me. Thanks guys for the info. I ain't spending £300 for a chair to then put a cushion on it. It's a shame as I like the look of if better and think it would go better with my games room.‍♂️

Associate
Hi,I am looking for a new computer chair.I work and play so need a versatile chair.Was thinking of one of thes 2. Secretlab Titan and the Noblechairs Hero.
Need any advice as am in my 70s and not uptodate with specs.

Soldato
I'm a literal giant at 6ft8 and being on the hefty side and I love my Hero. It's very well built and while the seat is pretty hard on your bum I don't find it uncomfortable.

Associate
If you're in your 70's initially the Hero or Secretlabs might feel a bit hard as they use dense foam that takes a bit of time to wear in, though once they do wear in they feel comfortable with a similar feel to a good quality train chair in terms of firmness. It's definitely not an armchair level of softness, but they do have proper chair straps and aren't just foam over a flat surface like some office chairs.

I use a real leather Hero and it's worn in great after just over a year, though only took a week or so to initially soften. They do help encourage good posture though and I've found it great for work and gaming. At 5ft 8 you might be on the lighter side weight wise, I think the heavier you are the quicker foam wears in, so worth bearing in mind.

Soldato
Thanks for quick reply.I am only 5.8 so height is not a problem more the comfort.:)

Have you considered an Icon by Noble Chairs? Believe the Hero is designed for larger users? Drop the guys a quick message in the customer service section https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/community/pre-sales-queries.117/

There may be a little bit of a delay in them getting back to you as I know the staff are getting absolutely hammered at the moment, but they'll certainly be able to recommend the best chair for your needs.

Associate
So after saving up for a few months, I have decided to purchase a noblechair, and I had seen the "Doom" chair, which looked awesome aswell as being the model I wanted to get, but sadly have seen it's now out of stock
Will there be a restock of this design or is that it??

Back
Top Bottom