TV Licence Super Thread

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Whilst the act of 'evasion' itself was merely a fine with no criminal record, failure to pay the fine could in theory escalate you all the way to a prison sentence. I'm not aware of anyone actually being imprisoned for it though.

The proposed changes would see it become more akin to private parking tickets or a debt, as I understand it.
I guess i am viewing it from paying the fine once ordered to as being a given. It seems to me as though this change wont have any real consequence to 99.9% of people? :)

Soldato
I guess i am viewing it from paying the fine once ordered to as being a given. It seems to me as though this change wont have any real consequence to 99.9% of people? :)

I think there is an expectation that more people will start 'evading' once they hear it is decriminalised but that it won't be a massive change because most people would still be fearful enough of the civil consequences, as they would be if they didn't pay a parking ticket or a utility bill and found debt collectors trying to raise court judgements against them.

Soldato
They will be forced to finally be impartial, Which will not sit well with the Londoners. Thats the main issue London is populated by black marxists who cant be impartial and it flows into the website etc.
Jesus Christ WTF is wrong with you?

Anyway. Paul Dacre and Lord Moore impartial? I suppose it could be the end of the BBC with them two involved and the end to any sense of impartiality. What sad times we live in.

Soldato
Those petitions are largely a waste of time. I don't know if you've ever watched the live feed when a petition makes it to parliment. There's no more than 10 MPs in the whole chamber, they read the title and summary, say a couple of words and move on to the next item on the agenda.

And half of those are asleep or playing on their phones. They don't GAF about what the plebs think.

Soldato
Whilst the act of 'evasion' itself was merely a fine with no criminal record, failure to pay the fine could in theory escalate you all the way to a prison sentence. I'm not aware of anyone actually being imprisoned for it though.

The proposed changes would see it become more akin to private parking tickets or a debt, as I understand it.

And presumably a much lower level burden of proof required which we should be very worried about?

Soldato
But it's much harder to get money out of people over civil matters if they don't cooperate. Even when it goes through court people still never pay up and that'll have a few million people to chase.

Last edited:

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
But it's much harder to get money out of people over civil matters if they don't cooperate. Even when it goes through court people still never pay up and that'll have a few million people to chase.
If you don’t pay up you’d get a CCJ default recorded, that isn’t worth it to try and get out of paying a fine....

Soldato
They'll sell off the debt of unpaid fines to a growing debt collection market and let them sort it out.

People clearly get upset enough about letters with empty threats, most people aren't going to voluntarily enter into potentially getting grief from bailiffs, CCJs etc. for the sake of £150 :p

Soldato
If you don’t pay up you’d get a CCJ default recorded, that isn’t worth it to try and get out of paying a fine....

But people use one of the many loopholes to keep delaying it, or get it cancelled, or pay some miniscule amount per month. There are so many stories of personal debts being chased for years and years and not going anywhere. Bailiffs cannot force entry and take things over personal debt, you have to let them.

Soldato
Are these people the same ones who can't get finance because they ruined their credit history?

The only way I could see this being better is if you can't take 'the occupier' to court. However I expect it isn't too hard to find out who lives in a property.

Soldato
The BBC’s new social media guidelines include a ban on “virtue signalling” and posting any criticism of colleagues.
why don't they apply this axoim to their broadcast news service ?

eg. just listening to their broadcast about kamela harris ... if she had been born 100 years ago she wouldn't have been able to vote .....
https://youtu.be/ael9kZ0_chM?t=123

we are all aware of this, and, they don't need to virtue signal, especially in a preaching manner.

https://www.bbc.com/editorialguidelines/guidance/individual-use-of-social-media
https://pressgazette.co.uk/bbc-social-media-guidelines-ban-virtue-signalling-criticism-of-colleagues-and-breaking-stories-on-your-own-accounts/
  • Linking to anything they haven’t read in full
  • Using emojis to “undercut an otherwise impartial post” whether accidentally or deliberately
  • Breaking news on a personal account – “If you have a story to break, the BBC platforms are your priority, even if it takes slightly longer”
  • Being “seduced” by the informality of social media – “Your posts about news events and issues require careful thought and editorial discipline”
  • Being “drawn into ill-tempered exchanges, or exchanges that will reflect badly on you, or the BBC”.

Caporegime
The BBC’s new social media guidelines include a ban on “virtue signalling” and posting any criticism of colleagues.
why don't they apply this axoim to their broadcast news service ?

eg. just listening to their broadcast about kamela harris ... if she had been born 100 years ago she wouldn't have been able to vote .....
https://youtu.be/ael9kZ0_chM?t=123

we are all aware of this, and, they don't need to virtue signal, especially in a preaching manner.

Because they think they are better than the rest of us, we didn't have the same privileged upbringing they did, so we are all uneducated bigots.

Defund the BBC.
I don't want any of my taxes going to these ######

Soldato
No honour amongt thieves then, ITV now, making documentary about Diana controversy and her, coercion, into The inteview.

This just smells the same as the Andrew interview, or, Sir Cliff, so, nothing has changed, and journalistic ethics from Auntie, are just the same as Murdoch phone hacking.
Not sure why Bashir's boss Richard Ayre is not being held to account, or, the bbc director, at that, 1995 time.
The BBC played its part in that cataclysmic chain of events - kill the ones we love.

Morally upright characters in public roles, short list : was Jonathan Sacks , Obama, .. Biden ?

Permabanned
Because they think they are better than the rest of us, we didn't have the same privileged upbringing they did, so we are all uneducated bigots.

Defund the BBC.
I don't want any of my taxes going to these ######

Wisdom and intelligence and education are not really the same thing. There are many smart people who in other areas are really dumb. The BBC are a dangerous organization.

Permabanned
BBC licence fee REVOLT sparks panicked bosses to open urgent 'reform' talks with ministers

BBC licence fee REVOLT sparks panicked bosses to open urgent ‘reform’ talks with ministers | UK | News | Express.co.uk

Too late! Time to dismantle and do to them what they did to us aka not being impartial. Make G Osborne head of the BBC and move the HQ to stoke and split it into as many peices as possible and use it to be a conservative voice. Thats what the left did with the BBC now its time to reverse this and give them a taste of thier own medicine.

Soldato
Meh just let them fend for themselves commercially now. I don't want bias either way.

Everything the BBC make gets run through a 'woke' filter now and it's just become a jarring cringe-fest. Dr. Who is a case in point. Netflix are going the same way too. I like being entertained, not lectured.

Watching mostly foreign or 80's/90's stuff is where it's at for me now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom