• Yes - 40mm non cellular

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • Yes - 44mm non cellular

Votes: 39 34.5%
  • No, I won't be buying it

Votes: 36 31.9%

• Total voters
Soldato
£409 was the right price, someone clearly did a bit of copy and paste there..
Offspring wants to go dress shopping tomorrow so I might drop into the Apple store and see if I can get to try the braided solo band...

Associate
Is anyone able to give me an accurate-ish estimate of the battery life they get from either the series 6 of SE 44mm variant.

I’m currently still rocking the series 3 Cellular and happily manage to get about three days give or take.

Soldato
Is anyone able to give me an accurate-ish estimate of the battery life they get from either the series 6 of SE 44mm variant.

I’m currently still rocking the series 3 Cellular and happily manage to get about three days give or take.
You won’t get 3 days, not unless you turn off things like always on display and possibly some of the fall detection stuff but then you’re losing the benefits of the new watch.
You’ll soon get used to charging it like your phone and it’s not very inconvenient

Soldato
How do you manage to eek out 3 days from an S3? I’ve never got to the end of the second day with more than 30% left, sometimes it’s less than 10% depending on how active I have been. I don’t wear it overnight either.

Generally speaking, I find that the more active I am, the less battery life I get.

Soldato
I'm still torn on the solo band/loop, passed the Apple store yesterday but they were quring to get in so I didnt stop...
I'll probably wait until the end of next month now as also waiting on the BigNavi launch and the iPhone 12mini..

Associate
How do you manage to eek out 3 days from an S3? I’ve never got to the end of the second day with more than 30% left, sometimes it’s less than 10% depending on how active I have been. I don’t wear it overnight either.

Generally speaking, I find that the more active I am, the less battery life I get.

In my instance it helps I have nearly all notifications turned off apart from banking, PayPal and certain messaging platforms.

I mainly use the watch for contactless payments and tracking health statistics like steps heart beat etc.

Associate
Thanks for your reply guys, my other thought is I’m trying to determine how much of a difference the screen size between 42mm and 44mm will be. However I may have to see this in store to get a true representation.

I do honestly think apple are onto a winner with the SE genuinely think it’s going to sell like hot cakes just like the SE 2020.

Soldato
In my experience, the larger model tends to suit a man (as they are generally larger) and ladies tend to be the other way round.

If your a man I would get the larger model unless you had very small wrists compared to most men.

Commissario
OP
I've set the watch to turn screen off totally when I am not looking at it and the battery life has been amazing. I took it off charge today at about 11am and it's been 9hrs at it is at 85% !
Of course it is, you're not showing the screen!
Should have got an SE if you're going to do that ;)

It amazes me to read places like macrumors where people buy the latest watch and disable AOD, noise, fall detection, hand washing etc. They might as well have bought a Timex.

Caporegime
Of course it is, you're not showing the screen!
Should have got an SE if you're going to do that ;)

It amazes me to read places like macrumors where people buy the latest watch and disable AOD, noise, fall detection, hand washing etc. They might as well have bought a Timex.

i don’t mind the screen being off when I am not looking at it...i turned the hand washing thing on but then it got annoying so I turned it off.

Soldato
On a device that can hit 80% charge in an hour I can’t imagine disabling the AOD to get more battery life, the AOD was one of the selling points of me upgrading from the S4, being able to just glance at the time workout having to raise my wrist is something I’ve been want for a while.

Back
Top Bottom