Lian Li unifan SL120

Soldato
Has anyone seen much in the way of announcements or reviews of the Lian Li uni SL120?

I'm unsure how good they are or will be but pulled this from the OC shop.

The features of the Lian Li UNI FAN SL120 at a glance:
- 32 digitally addressable RGB LEDs per fan
- Software control for speed and illumination options
- Max. 1900 rpm speed at 31 dB (A)
- 58.54 CFM max. Airflow & 2.54 mm max. H2O air pressure
- Vibration reduction material.

Any thoughts on the airflow and pressure?

Man of Honour
Nice idea with the fan connection, but being tied to a proprietary controller is a no from me.

If the controller fails, you're stuffed, i always get fans with standard 4pin and DRGB cables that are motherboard controlled

Soldato
Do they use the same connector as the Strimer 24pin and pcie 8 pin connectors?

If they do thats a bonus, get the whole lot running off one controller.

Associate
The plugs that comes off the fan connector look like a standard pwm header plus a jst plug for the rgb. Why can't they just be plugged directly into the motherboard with an adapter(phanteks etc.) for the rgb?

Associate
The plugs that comes off the fan connector look like a standard pwm header plus a jst plug for the rgb. Why can't they just be plugged directly into the motherboard with an adapter(phanteks etc.) for the rgb?

This is what I'm looking to do. I have two 360mm rads with fans on them, plus a single fan running as an additional intake. I want to drive the rad fans off the fluid temperature. I'm a bit disappointed that there's no temperature sensor input on the Lian Li controller.

EDIT: So I can use the PWM connector from each fan group and plug those into the fan headers on the motherboard. That'll do what I need, I think

Last edited:
Associate
This is what I'm looking to do. I have two 360mm rads with fans on them, plus a single fan running as an additional intake. I want to drive the rad fans off the fluid temperature. I'm a bit disappointed that there's no temperature sensor input on the Lian Li controller.

EDIT: So I can use the PWM connector from each fan group and plug those into the fan headers on the motherboard. That'll do what I need, I think
Can you hook up all connectors from the controller, sata for power, PWM and ARGB to the motherboard, and skip the USB so that bios controls PWM and something like Aura or Fusion would control the ARGB. thus not needing to utilize L-Connect?

Soldato
wondering in the software can you set curves and have selection what sensor you wanna use ? and is the PWN 4 pin standerd connection, Also I have an Kraken Z73 I wanna connect the 3 fans to it

Soldato
OP
Performance is moderate. Not stunning, but certainly no slouch either.
The features seem pretty decent overall and I'd have considered them myself if I hadn't already packed my case out with some others.

Jayztwocents has a good video on them.

That's a pity, I expected maybe a bit more performance although perhaps they are better than my existing artic pwm p12 fans.
I'll have a look at YouTube and see if I can stomach listening to his review.

Soldato
That's a pity, I expected maybe a bit more performance although perhaps they are better than my existing artic pwm p12 fans.
They have higher top end performance than the Arctics, certainly. If it's between the two, I'd say the Unifan has far better features overall, including pretty decent RGB.
Arctic rather cunningly give their noise levels as 0.3 Sone, which I think is something like 23dB... but then their own tests say 28dB.

What's wrong with Jayz, though?
Not as long or monotonous as Steve and not as whiny pubescent sugar-high as Linus...

Soldato

wouldnt call it review no real numbers for cooling performance

Soldato
OP
They have higher top end performance than the Arctics, certainly. If it's between the two, I'd say the Unifan has far better features overall, including pretty decent RGB.
Arctic rather cunningly give their noise levels as 0.3 Sone, which I think is something like 23dB... but then their own tests say 28dB.

What's wrong with Jayz, though?
Not as long or monotonous as Steve and not as whiny pubescent sugar-high as Linus...

That's good then, I may invest in them if I can get my hands on the front mesh panel for my Lancool 2.

Its not just him, YouTubers in general I don't really have any interest in. I feel the majority are either on the payroll to companies or have an agenda.

Soldato
Its not just him, YouTubers in general I don't really have any interest in. I feel the majority are either on the payroll to companies or have an agenda.
I concur in general... but there are a few good ones.
I find Jason quite entertaining and down to Earth anyway, but more importantly he's pretty honest and open about where they generate their money, who sponsors their channel, etc... More importantly, he won't hesitate to say if a product is ****. Even when that company sponsors the channel, he will continue to advertise them, but still say that product is ****. He's also publicly dropped sponsors on the basis of their questionable methods, like the recent NordVPN debacle.

But all that aside, you can still watch, look, observe and make your own mind up based on what's presented, while ignoring their opinions...

Soldato
OP
I concur in general... but there are a few good ones.
I find Jason quite entertaining and down to Earth anyway, but more importantly he's pretty honest and open about where they generate their money, who sponsors their channel, etc... More importantly, he won't hesitate to say if a product is ****. Even when that company sponsors the channel, he will continue to advertise them, but still say that product is ****. He's also publicly dropped sponsors on the basis of their questionable methods, like the recent NordVPN debacle.

But all that aside, you can still watch, look, observe and make your own mind up based on what's presented, while ignoring their opinions...

Yeah by all means, I'll give them a watch for sure.
At least he does that I suppose. Not a fan of the people that just blatantly use their channel for advertising basically.

Soldato
Hi, wondering if anyone can help me, interested in getting these but want to know about the PWM control , can I simply plug the PWM connector into the Kraken Z73 PWM connection and all 3 Fan rpm will be controlled by the Kraken CAM software and control the RGB from the L-Connect software
Also the rest of the case fans does L-Connect allow you to set fan curves say to GPU temp etc ? from the videos and screenshots L-Connect I only see set speeds you can set

Thanks

Associate
Hi, wondering if anyone can help me, interested in getting these but want to know about the PWM control , can I simply plug the PWM connector into the Kraken Z73 PWM connection and all 3 Fan rpm will be controlled by the Kraken CAM software and control the RGB from the L-Connect software
Also the rest of the case fans does L-Connect allow you to set fan curves say to GPU temp etc ? from the videos and screenshots L-Connect I only see set speeds you can set

Thanks

You cannot set a fan curve unfortunatly it's one of the downsides if you sync it up with the motherboard it should allow a little more but l connect not so much

Last edited:
Soldato
You cannot set a fan curve unfortunatly it's one of the downsides if you sync it up with the motherboard it should allow a little more but l connect not so much

Hi, thanks for letting me know, confused thought just syncing it up to board only gave control over the RGB ? does it not have standard 4 pin PWM connector ?

Thanks

Associate
Just as an FYI I've got two sets of these fans setup plugged directly into an Aquacomputer OCTO controller, for both PWM and RGB. It works absolutely fine. No need to use the Lian Li controller.
All I needed was a couple of adapters to plug the JST plug from the RGB into a regular 3 pin. I had a couple spare from an Asus motherboard I used to have.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom