• Lavender Purple 128GB Dual Sim

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ocean Blue 512GB Dual Sim

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Midnight Black 512GB Dual Sim

Votes: 4 3.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Wow, having just googled the test menu for the note 9 it's very comprehensive. Not sure what it all means on the fingerprint tests, but all pass unless I have a finger on the sensor, then two of the tests fail, one being the last test.

I suppose you've checked to make sure the sensor is scratch free, clean etc.

My note 9 is about 18 months old, and touch wood has been spot on, the only time is gone crap was when I tried the Android 10 update. It broke too many functions for me so I downgraded back to the last Android 9 update.

Soldato
Yeah mine is a day one release phone & also has been spot on from day one.

Looking into it further, it's possible that it is a fault with the recent firmware update (OTA).
Seems a couple of people have had an issue with the fingerprint software being corrupt after updating.

May look at flashing the phone with a download of the latest Rom to see it it fixes it. I'm assuming as long as I use the stock Rom it won't cause any Knox issues?

Soldato
OP

Looking into it further, it's possible that it is a fault with the recent firmware update (OTA).
Seems a couple of people have had an issue with the fingerprint software being corrupt after updating.

May look at flashing the phone with a download of the latest Rom to see it it fixes it. I'm assuming as long as I use the stock Rom it won't cause any Knox issues?

No knox issues if you use an official rom

Soldato
The only restriction is which version bootloader you currently have. It's the 5th number from the end of the build number, and you can only move to other versions with the same number.
In my case its 4, so can move to/from official builds with the same bootloader number. (4) or 'upgrade' to 5 etc.. But can't go back once upgraded.

From what I understand if you have the latest which is 5 you cannot move back to Android 9, but could go back to an earlier version of 10. I've not looked but the sammobile website will list all the different official builds for the note 9 by country/region. Might be worth a look.

Soldato
Ok just looked, and for the UK (BTU) it looks like the first three versions of Android 10 are on bootloader 4 and the latest/last three are on bootloader 5.

They can be officially installed, (as long as you choose matching bootloader) wiping the phone without tripping Knox, or losing any official functions.

Associate

you can reinstall the firmware from the boot loader menu no ? i am sure i have seen an option on there.

Soldato
Yea, smart unlock works better again, fingerprint unlock seems snappier again too.
Single take option in camera seems pointless, I tried it but it seems to snapshot randomly and didn't really seem any better than taking pics manually.

Caporegime
Bumpety bump - how are the rest of you Note9 owners? Stuck with it or jumped ship yet?

Delayed my upgrade (was planning one getting a OP8 Pro), no massive rush + still waiting for the perfect phone (OP speed, Samsung polish, massive battery, Pixel camera).

Soldato
Recently jumped to the Oppo Find X2 Pro. Only thing I miss is the wireless charging and expandable storage but as this has 512gb storage it's less of an issue.
The note 9 was a great phone but I'm very disillusioned with the way Samsung has taken the Note line in the last couple of generations, and the difference between Snapdragon and Exynos has been getting too large to ignore.

It has been a great upgrade otherwise, and my old Note 9 now lives with my father in law who is enjoying it as a large step up from his older phone.

Soldato
OP
Bumpety bump - how are the rest of you Note9 owners? Stuck with it or jumped ship yet?

Delayed my upgrade (was planning one getting a OP8 Pro), no massive rush + still waiting for the perfect phone (OP speed, Samsung polish, massive battery, Pixel camera).

Note 9 given to son now smashed :( Note10+ given to son !!!! > Note20Ultra

Back
Top Bottom