US: Raised by Wolves (HBO) - By Ridley Scott

Associate
It's picked up a little in the last episode and a half to the point where I'm actually interested in the finale now, assuming ep10 is the last.

But getting there has been a chore at times. At least 3 of the episodes I've had to watch in 2/3 sittings because it was so dull.
episode 10 is slated to be the last episode in season 1. weather season 2 will have more episode or same episode count as season 1 is yet to be known

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Well that went off the rails somewhat.

Ridley Scott needs to get his fetish with birthing aliens checked out by a quack.

It's too bleak and incoherent to be really enjoyable, but I'm sure I will pick up the second season.

Soldato
Just saw the ending of season 1. All I can say is WTF!!! That's done it for me. It's too all over the place. Nothing really joins together. Don't think I'll be hanging around for a second season.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Can someone please explain.

What on earth was happening in the last episode? How did the birth of that thing pilot the ship back out. It was beyond ridiculous.

Honestly bamboozled

D3K

D3K

Soldato

What on earth was happening in the last episode? How did the birth of that thing pilot the ship back out. It was beyond ridiculous.

Honestly bamboozled
I didn't watch it thinking it was piloting, it was just in that part of the ship.
The ship just kept on a straight line and shot back out the other side, and up a hole.

There's so much to tear into with this episode. What confused me the most was why they shoe-horned the introduction of so many plot points into the final episode. They could have introduced them in any of the previous 9 episodes to break up the dull monotony and give the show more meaning. It's almost like they re-cut the final episode to include lots of s2 material when they found out the ratings were going down the toilet.

Just abysmal all round.

Associate

Honestly bamboozled

I'm still trying to understand how

that thing grew so big during that flight!

D3K

D3K

Soldato
I'm still trying to understand how

that thing grew so big during that flight!
Why that minor detail amongst the rest of the nonsense?

Why did they not know there were neanderthals.
Why are they devolving.
What was the cyborg skull.
Why show us the cyborg skull to make us think she was gonna have a cyborg baby, then twist within a minute to have her birth a snake.
How did the kids suddenly appear by the hole the ship flew down with a camp fire (was cambion screaming there for hours??).
Why did she decide her baby was not worth love and that it needed to be killed rather than supporting it feeding off the other monsters.
Why didn't they try killing it with weapons.
How is this planet now working in in a weird timeline - neanderthal devolution (assumed from human-level evolution), snake extinction now rebirth, or is this actually the first snake?

Really poorly presented questions to the audience, and too little too late. I don't care about the answers at all because they've thrown it all at us with zero charm and bad timing. I will still watch it, but with no anticipation

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Why that minor detail amongst the rest of the nonsense?

Why did they not know there were neanderthals.
Why are they devolving.
What was the cyborg skull.
Why show us the cyborg skull to make us think she was gonna have a cyborg baby, then twist within a minute to have her birth a snake.
How did the kids suddenly appear by the hole the ship flew down with a camp fire (was cambion screaming there for hours??).
Why did she decide her baby was not worth love and that it needed to be killed rather than supporting it feeding off the other monsters.
Why didn't they try killing it with weapons.
How is this planet now working in in a weird timeline - neanderthal devolution (assumed from human-level evolution), snake extinction now rebirth, or is this actually the first snake?

Really poorly presented questions to the audience, and too little too late. I don't care about the answers at all because they've thrown it all at us with zero charm and bad timing. I will still watch it, but with no anticipation

Great points. You got most of the ones everyone is thinking. Pretty lazy writing tbh.

Back
Top Bottom