ventilation in kitchen legislation

Soldato
OP
They backed down, so the hype has turned into no drama, when I rang up they said the reason was the certificate was lost O_o but now they found it so doesnt matter.

Bigboy its below the window, I still am not using the boiler, the decision to do the job, ended up been forgotten about, and with winter coming I did send them a new email about the work. Can the flume kit work all be done externally?

Also by pure coincidence my last Carbon Monoxide detector gave up the ghost last night, with a sticker on it stop using by 2018, I ordered a new one same day delivery which is the XC100, now installed.

Soldato
They backed down, so the hype has turned into no drama, when I rang up they said the reason was the certificate was lost O_o but now they found it so doesnt matter.

Bigboy its below the window, I still am not using the boiler, the decision to do the job, ended up been forgotten about, and with winter coming I did send them a new email about the work. Can the flume kit work all be done externally?

Also by pure coincidence my last Carbon Monoxide detector gave up the ghost last night, with a sticker on it stop using by 2018, I ordered a new one same day delivery which is the XC100, now installed.
Landlords certificate can be re-issued by the person who did the check without a visit (if they keep all records of work like they should!)

What type of boiler is it? Can you take a picture of the flue or the badge on the boiler?

C02 alarm is your responsibility not the landlords it's still not yet law to have them in rented accommodation. (Crazy not to have this a law especially with the amount of sub standard installs I see on a daily basis).

Soldato
OP
I know alarm is mine I just added that info to the post. Also I agree on the law for them, surprised it isnt required.

It is described as a "Baxi Solo 2" on the certificate. I will take a photo tomorrow when its light.

Also I havent used gas central heating for almost 2 years now, I figured out a while back all the breakdowns only ever happened with central heating on, its reliable for just the water heating. With central heating on the flame goes out, and it cannot be relit normally, the engineer usually needs 1-2 hours sitting there retrying again and again until it relights, LL has always refused to either replace it or any other type of proper fix. The engineer is always instructed to just get it relit and go on his way, because of the hassle of it, I stopped using it for central heating.

This image looks identical to it.

$_86.PNG

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Any news on the stolen handle?

I got no idea what was done with it, a new handle is now on the window.

Page 11 of the installation manual

https://library.plumbase.co.uk/flipbooks/RE/baso30pf_20300_t/mobile/index.html#p=12

Says 300mm below an openable window, as long as that is correct then no reason you cannot have the window open.

Thanks I thought it had to be to the side, I forgot to go out there today for the photo, but I do think I took one for the british gas engineer back in June, so I will see if I can try to find it, but I think it is less than 30cm.

--update--

You sir are brilliant, I just measured in the dark (put my thumb, on the 30cm before going outside).

I measured initially from the base of window frame and it seemed right on the cusp of 30cm. I then moved tape measure bit higher to base of actual window, and it seems to be in excess of 30cm, plus that was just to top of grating the actual exhaust is lower. I will try to if I remember do a photo tomorrow and with the tape measure in place if I can.

Back
Top Bottom