NR200 Owner's Thread

Associate
Fan arrived yesterday and I have now completed my system build in the NR200p. Key specs are a Ryzen 5 3600XT CPU, EVGA GTX 1070 GPU, Corsair SF750 PSU, Mugen 5 RevB CPU Cooler, with Noctua fans for the case and the cooler.

I have stress tested the CPU reaching a maximum temperature of 61 degrees C. The GPU stress test reached a maximum of 65 degrees C.

Currently awaiting news on my RTX 3080 pre-order which will slot in nicely when the time eventually comes.

Also thrown in a size comparison next to my Fractal R5 case.

Buld-completed.jpg

Build-completed-v2.jpg

Desk-setup.jpg

Size-comparison.jpg

Soldato
I've pre-ordered this case. I've see a few reviewers now point out that the power button is cheap and wobbly feeling. Do any of you experience the same? Does it bother you? Have you found a way to make the button feel more sturdy?

Associate
It's only wobbly (a bit) if you rub your finger over it.

When pushed to switch your rig on, it gives a satisfying clunk and the computer comes on. Can't think if there is anything else that it needs to do, or needs to be improved on it.

It's a £80 case. It's not going to have milled aluminium switches or whatever else. But unless you're stroking the switch, I would be amazed if you notice it.

That said, if all the reviewers can find wrong with it is a power switch, then think about what a good case you're actually getting.

Soldato
Yes the power button is plastic and slightly wobbly, but it's a relatively cheap case anyway - I've seen many far worse power switches and can't really think of many better ones that aren't pronounced solid buttons like the old ATCS cases used to have.
How often are you planning on pressing the power button for it to bother you? :p

Soldato
No doubt the case is good value, I'm not disputing that. I was just wondering if anyone else is as anal as me and has tried to make it feel better :p I guess not...

Associate
Fan arrived yesterday and I have now completed my system build in the NR200p. Key specs are a Ryzen 5 3600XT CPU, EVGA GTX 1070 GPU, Corsair SF750 PSU, Mugen 5 RevB CPU Cooler, with Noctua fans for the case and the cooler.

I have stress tested the CPU reaching a maximum temperature of 61 degrees C. The GPU stress test reached a maximum of 65 degrees C.

Currently awaiting news on my RTX 3080 pre-order which will slot in nicely when the time eventually comes.

Also thrown in a size comparison next to my Fractal R5 case.

Buld-completed.jpg

Build-completed-v2.jpg

Desk-setup.jpg

Size-comparison.jpg
looks great bro!
you said you used long screws with washers to mount the mb to adjust the height of the cooler, can you please give a brief details of what you did with some pics I would really appreciate it.
I have a fuma 2 which is the same height and I am kinda off stuck on the tg panel issue

Associate
@Wegason The mesh panel is indeed white if you prefer to go down that route. Not actually tried it as the thermals I am getting are fine as is.

looks great bro!
you said you used long screws with washers to mount the mb to adjust the height of the cooler, can you please give a brief details of what you did with some pics I would really appreciate it.
I have a fuma 2 which is the same height and I am kinda off stuck on the tg panel issue

Thanks, though I think you are confusing me with another. I just used all the standard screws and stand-offs that came with the motherboard and the Mugen 5 cooler. Although the Fuma 2 is technically the same height, there does appear to be less tolerance. The only mod I had to do with the Mugen 5 was to slightly bend the fan clip so it didn't protrude into the top case fan blades.

Soldato
Geez. You don't have any luck, do you?

Not at the moment no, weirdly the box is fine, didnt even need to remove the cooler from the box you can see the bent fins as soon as you open it so it was put in the box like that which is even more annoying

Not sure whether to get a replacement or a refund because that is appalling QC

Still waiting on the replacement font panel from Cooler Master too

Associate
First of all. Hi everyone, new user here and new n200p owner from a week or so.

@JClarke Thank you man cause your build is the same I was looking for but I wasn't sure about how the mugen 5 was going to fit in the case with the TG. I'm even thinking about the black mugen just for aesthetics.

I have to wait now to get all the components (3080 im looking at you). No rush though so I can even wait a bit more to see what AMD is cooking (CPU and GPU).

Associate
Hi guys, saying hi.

Slowly collating pieces. Have the following and just wondering if there's anything else I need to think about as it's my first PC build:

NR200p
Fuma 2 (going to try and make it fit with TG, will post photos)
Corsair SF750
XPG SX8200 1TB NVME
Gigabyte Aorus B550i
32GB 3200 GSkill Ripjaws

Don't have yet:
Ryzen 5700X
3080 FE or 3080 TUF
Case fans (not sure what to go with but probs some Noctua chromax 15mm)

I found the fitment of the NVME SSD into the Aorus B550i to be challenging. A number of hurdles ahead I'm sure!

Associate
Hi guys, saying hi.

Slowly collating pieces. Have the following and just wondering if there's anything else I need to think about as it's my first PC build:

NR200p
Fuma 2 (going to try and make it fit with TG, will post photos)
Corsair SF750
XPG SX8200 1TB NVME
Gigabyte Aorus B550i
32GB 3200 GSkill Ripjaws

Don't have yet:
Ryzen 5700X
3080 FE or 3080 TUF
Case fans (not sure what to go with but probs some Noctua chromax 15mm)

I found the fitment of the NVME SSD into the Aorus B550i to be challenging. A number of hurdles ahead I'm sure!

cheers mate we got the same parts :D
only difference is the mb, I ordered rog b550i because asus have a lower cpu socket so no issue with the upper fan.
fitting the fuma 2 with the tg panel is a mystery to me.

Associate
What is the best way to bend/hide the 24 pin cable if you're using regular sfx psu orientation bracket? Over the bracket or below the bracket? I have corsair sf750 plat but its length of 30cm for 24p cable doesn't let me put it neither over nor under the bracket, so i want to order a custom length 24p cable but not sure what length is the best in order to hide it.

Soldato
What is the best way to bend/hide the 24 pin cable if you're using regular sfx psu orientation bracket? Over the bracket or below the bracket? I have corsair sf750 plat but its length of 30cm for 24p cable doesn't let me put it neither over nor under the bracket, so i want to order a custom length 24p cable but not sure what length is the best in order to hide it.

With the same PSU a few of us have routed it 90 degrees down and underneath

Associate
This default corsair sf750 24pin cable is 30cm length, what do you think, would a custom 24p cable of 20cm be too short to make it straight like this: (Red drawing is what i would like to achieve). I would like to make it as tight as possible, but i'm afraid 20cm might be too short

h8OlLth.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Using the same PSU, and as Relentless mentioned, I managed to route the cable 90 degrees down and underneath the PSU bracket.

If you make good use of the velcro straps and the notches on the PSU bracket to hold them in place, it is possible to get a tidy finish that also holds the cables above the graphics card, so as not to place any downwards pressure on it.

Associate
looks great bro!
I don’t have this case yet for obvious reasons but have been researching it to death. Not sure if the following is Gleaned from this forum or reddit.

I’m starting the think that the Fuma 2 and Mugen are not exactly the same height even though they are listed as the same. Fuma 2 seems to have more mounting issues with the TG panel.

I think someone dremmelled their mb mounts down by a few mm to enable the Fuma 2 to fit.

Edit — it was @Viraje in post #1325 -and actually did use screws and washers; ditching the MB standoffs by the sounds of it

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
Associate
I don’t have this case yet for obvious reasons but have been researching it to death. Not sure if the following is Gleaned from this forum or reddit.

I’m starting the think that the Fuma 2 and Mugen are not exactly the same height even though they are listed as the same. Fuma 2 seems to have more mounting issues with the TG panel.

I think someone dremmelled their mb mounts down by a few mm to enable the Fuma 2 to fit.

Edit — it was @Viraje in post #1325 -and actually did use screws and washers; ditching the MB standoffs by the sounds of it

I hope this helps.
thank you so much for the heads up!

Back
Top Bottom